Mars-Hydro - Formerly TopLedGrowLight - Customer Service Review

yes, I am checking all the information about grow and led grow light and HPS light, CFL light, CMH light everyday everywhere to improve our light and decide what kind of led grow light we need to make. I know spectrum said they are using real gold in their ads, but we can not make it now for the expensive price. Because we are having over 50K lights in our warehouse now, we can not add more lights and add more stock, too high pressure . we will try our best to do some improvement work on our Mars Pro II series and our coming CREE CXB 3590 light recently. we will make improvement step by step:)

Thank you XobeMan, you are great:) :high-five:
No but i will now thks you should look into it for your lights too

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

yes, I am checking all the information about grow and led grow light and HPS light, CFL light, CMH light everyday everywhere to improve our light and decide what kind of led grow light we need to make. I know spectrum said they are using real gold in their ads, but we can not make it now for the expensive price. Because we are having over 50K lights in our warehouse now, we can not add more lights and add more stock, too high pressure . we will try our best to do some improvement work on our Mars Pro II series and our coming CREE CXB 3590 light recently. we will make improvement step by step:)

Thank you XobeMan, you are great:) :high-five:
Yeah a good COB light be nice a 900w... 300w x 3 Cree 3590 be good 42" x 42" frame too or just sell the kits.

Look at timber grow lights and see what ya can come up with in the next few weeks.

Thks

We will not sell parts, most people are not professional on making lights, saving money is the second thing, safety is the first thing . our light is having ETL certification and we are applying UL certification now. after talking with interteck lab and now we are talking with UL lab, we know how important safety is for us and our customer. but yeah, we will sell kits, we have led grow light factory, we have grow tent factory, so we will sell light with tent, and we are testing our glass now, if it is working well, we will add more products, carbon filter, fans, etc. we add products like this.

We are providing service to those people who do not want to make products themselves , but not buy parts from CREE or MW, then forward to growers, actually, the growers can buy those things from CREE and MW directly, why buy from us? I used to buy things from factory or manufacture directly, I know I can get best price from there:) I do not know why, maybe it caused by we have factory and we know how it works, so we do not want extra middle man to make our money, hahaha.

Yeah a good COB light be nice a 900w... 300w x 3 Cree 3590 be good 42" x 42" frame too or just sell the kits.

Look at timber grow lights and see what ya can come up with in the next few weeks.

Thks

wonderful thread guys!

i just got the Mars 2 400W for my birthday from the wife! I'm replacing my 10-bulb T5HO set up for VEG.

My question (sorry, I tired to read the entire thread but couldn't find my answer... so if it's there, my apologies ahead of time):

Can I use both the Growth and Bloom settings for VEG only? I flower outdoors in my backyard so my 4x4 tent is only used for veg. Would the bloom mess things up for me? I have the girls all at different distance to the light to accommodate for their age. (4 older clones directly under LED. 6 young clones + 4 seedlings under T5HO).

I know from reading that the girls may stretch more with bloom settings and I have super young ones that get peripheral lighting from the LED.

Also, smokesara, can I get in on the Mars Cup with just a veg grow?

I wish I would have found this thread earlier as I too am living in a nightmare trying to get warranty parts for one of two Reflectors I have. It took 2 days to get someone to respond then they gave me a You Tube link to take light apart and troubleshoot it. I did everything they asked and sent pics. Now I'm back in the holding pattern with no answers. I have no idea whether parts have been sent or there are more hoops to jump through..... Very frustrating to say the least.

I have 2 mars hydro lights and am seriously hoping they don't break down. After reading what has been going on the last months, I am starting looking elsewhere for any new lights I buy. It looks like Mars hydro are begining to turn into one of the Chinese hit or miss companies.

You asked for suggestions, so that was my suggestion, but looks like you guys already know what the issue is.

My question to you, and the company is why then, since you know "all of them failed" (the lenses) why do you continue to sell this product to your customers?

Its irresponsible of a company to knowingly sell a product which is known to have defective parts, would you not agree?

Im confused on why you mentioned cree CXBs? what does that have to do with melting lenses or what I wrote?
Have you noticed that people who are considering a Maryhydro ask for reports from users that have them but don't listen when the review is negative? I mean, why ask if your mind is already made up? I have been waiting 10 or 11 days for a warranty part (California to Michigan) and in the mean time half the light is out right in the middle of my grow. It took them 9 days just to get the warrantied driver to the post office!!! I am hoping to be able to save the Kosher Kush that was under the Marshydro but the Amherst Sour Diesel looks like she's toast.:rip:

I'm 67 years old and have been around the block a time or two, but I can honestly tell anyone considering Marshydro that this company is without a doubt the worst company that I have ever dealt with to get a warranty problem resolved (and that's with me doing the work myself) After several days I saw the writing on the wall and ordered a Timber Grow Light (also a sponsor)..... they have a week to 10 day backlog but the new light should be here Monday!.... probably the same day I get that one stinking warranty part to replace the failed one.
If you want a cheap light go for it, but keep in mind you're on your own after your check clears..... my advice....stay clear!:thumb:

Do all these problems effect the 5 watt reflector sieries as well?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Absolutely, that's exactly what took a dump on me.
96X5 reflector, 1 & 1/2 years old.
I also have a 192X5 that I'll be replacing once the Timber gets here and before my next indoor grow starts.

@Beaverislander,We are sorry for the inconvenient,:Namaste:last few days is the biggest holiday in China,when the time you sent email to us,my colleague for service department was at home,so they replied your email slower than usual.But even in our holiday,we will try our best to take time to solve the problem.But now all of us back to work,everything back to normal.:high-five:
If you do not want to repair the lights by yourself,you can send to our repair center,but it will take to time send to/from the repair center.:Namaste:

No warries,my colleague did replied his email,just not in time,but we arranged everything without delay.:high-five: Now everything back to normal:Namaste:
I have 2 mars hydro lights and am seriously hoping they don't break down. After reading what has been going on the last months, I am starting looking elsewhere for any new lights I buy. It looks like Mars hydro are begining to turn into one of the Chinese hit or miss companies.

Hmmmmm.... good thread. Not going to comment just yet. I too am in the middle of getting 2 of my Mars lights fixed (i hope) but havent gotten them back yet. Once i do, i intend to share my story as well. Fingers crossed.....

Sent from my SM-N920P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Its sad that you cant even express your opinions right now because of fear that they might not send your lights back. Im guessing thats the reason. A company should make their costumers feel happy with their choice instead of feeling screwed and scared. Like I said in my journal. I had to spend $108 to fix a $300 light that only lasted 2 grows. They lie quite a bit from what I seen. I can quote 2 or 3 lies just in this thread. Like when Sarah said

Like you said, the reflector is only 320USD, the shipping cost will be 200USD when they ship back or even more, we can not accept that . and we tried many ways to ask them ship with cheaper shipping company, no result, so we have to ask them pay themselves. We do believe customers will not care about our money, but if they need to pay themselves, they will try their best to ship with the lowest shipping company they can find. we will cover the parts, labor and ship back to customer cost.

But yet I got an invoice for $67 to cover labor to fix a light that they are selling KNOWING that it will fail. And to ship back to me. Not to mention that logic makes little sense as alot of companies will just send you a prepaid return label. Which means THEY control the cost of shipping. NOT the costumers. So how a costumer is costing them $200 to ship is beyond me. Just another excuse. And they hide all this through fear. Fear that they WONT uphold what bullshit warranty they do have and fix your light, even at your own cost. Or fear that they will just take your light and hold it for a while. With more Bullshit excuses. Like they are backed up. The repair guy is sick. Its a 2 week holiday so we are backed up. Stalling you for months. So people refuse to say much. Or have the ability to fix it themselves so the matter isnt that big of a deal. If I was able to fix these lights I probably would be as disgusted as I am right now. We ALL need to start speaking up on these matters. Bullshit lights, Bullshit seeds, Bullshit anything needs to be made a bigger deal to save others from falling into the same traps. To fix the system to where companies know that we as costumers arent going to put up with this crap. We will spread the word faster than a wild fire and you will be done. Just my 2 cents. :Namaste:

Its sad that you cant even express your opinions right now because of fear that they might not send your lights back. Im guessing thats the reason. A company should make their costumers feel happy with their choice instead of feeling screwed and scared. Like I said in my journal. I had to spend $108 to fix a $300 light that only lasted 2 grows. They lie quite a bit from what I seen. I can quote 2 or 3 lies just in this thread. Like when Sarah said

But yet I got an invoice for $67 to cover labor to fix a light that they are selling KNOWING that it will fail. And to ship back to me. Not to mention that logic makes little sense as alot of companies will just send you a prepaid return label. Which means THEY control the cost of shipping. NOT the costumers. So how a costumer is costing them $200 to ship is beyond me. Just another excuse. And they hide all this through fear. Fear that they WONT uphold what bullshit warranty they do have and fix your light, even at your own cost. Or fear that they will just take your light and hold it for a while. With more Bullshit excuses. Like they are backed up. The repair guy is sick. Its a 2 week holiday so we are backed up. Stalling you for months. So people refuse to say much. Or have the ability to fix it themselves so the matter isnt that big of a deal. If I was able to fix these lights I probably would be as disgusted as I am right now. We ALL need to start speaking up on these matters. Bullshit lights, Bullshit seeds, Bullshit anything needs to be made a bigger deal to save others from falling into the same traps. To fix the system to where companies know that we as costumers arent going to put up with this crap. We will spread the word faster than a wild fire and you will be done. Just my 2 cents. :Namaste:
I agree.:high-five:
I won't bore you by reliving "all" of the B.S. I have been through the last 3-4 weeks so I'll summarize my experience and feelings about this company. My 96X5 Reflector took a dump during their 'BIGGEST CHINESE HOLIDAY OF THE YEAR." So after 2 weeks I got a driver from a warehouse "IN CALIFORNIA." It sounded like a pretty straight forward project but 50% of the light still doesn't work. I was told I needed to pay for the return shipping and they would fix it. The problem is that I live on a small island so I would have to pay to have it flown to the UPS station on the mainland and then pay the UPS charges on top of that to get it back to Ca. I asked if they would pick up the tab on the return shipping after everything that I had been through (plus losing a beautiful Amherst Sour Diesel) and the answer was flat out no! Instead of paying a fortune to send it back I will put that money towards a second Timber Grow Light (also a sponsor.)
In the last 1.5 years I had bought 2 reflectors and considered myself a decent customer but obviously they don't agree. (Many business owners, myself included, figure it's easier and cheaper to keep a good customer than it is to find a new one.)
Anyway, so much for a summery.... I guess you could say I have a Reflector 48X5 seems how half of it doesn't work.
I am at a dead end, I give up, lesson learned....:surrender: the light just isn't worth it financially or to my health.,"HOWEVER" I will tell anyone that asks about my experiences or opinions with this companies customer service.
If you're in the States I'd suggest you think about "BUYING AMERICAN." If not, at least read reviews before you decide where to spend your money and if you're going with a Mars you might consider buying 2 so you'll have a spare before you need it :rip:
I just hope 3 other plants affected don't Hermie on me.

I'm sorry that you are not satisfied with our service.:high-five:But we tried our best to help you to solve your problem,but you refused to send out your light.:high-five:
You said you have 4plants in total,and one of the plant died because one of your light have some diodes not working.
For your other 3plants are still in good condition,there might be other factors caused that plant died,such as nutrients,the strains....If it's because of the light,will not only one plant got problem.:Namaste:
When the time you sent email to us,it was our Chinese New Year,the Biggest holiday of every Chinese.We also had published this holiday news everywhere before we start holiday.:Namaste:We reply everyone's email/message/phonecall slow during holiday,but we would try our best to help all of our customers.:high-five:
When we got your email on Jan 24th,2017,the first day we start our holiday.My colleague were on our way back hometown,and my colleague replied you on Jan 27th.We are sorry for the dely.:Namaste:
You said you need the replacement parts as soon as possible,so my colleague arranged the driver to your,but because international service center do not work on weekend,so they sent out it on Jan 30th,2017. Because you live on a small island,so it took a little long time to arrive your place,but you were not happy with that and sent emails to us,we were keep tracking it all the time till it finally arrive at your side.:Namaste:
We are sorry for the incovenient.:high-five:
For your light are more than one year now,according to our warranty,you just need to cover the shipping fee to our repair center,and we will cover the return shipping charge and the repair charge.:Namaste:I understand that you live on a island:Namaste:,but we must follow our warranty policy.My colleague already sent your the RMA NO few days agao,but you didn't send out your light yet,we want to try our best to help you repair your light as soon as possible.:high-five:
I won't bore you by reliving "all" of the B.S. I have been through the last 3-4 weeks so I'll summarize my experience and feelings about this company. My 96X5 Reflector took a dump during their 'BIGGEST CHINESE HOLIDAY OF THE YEAR." So after 2 weeks I got a driver from a warehouse "IN CALIFORNIA." It sounded like a pretty straight forward project but 50% of the light still doesn't work. I was told I needed to pay for the return shipping and they would fix it. The problem is that I live on a small island so I would have to pay to have it flown to the UPS station on the mainland and then pay the UPS charges on top of that to get it back to Ca. I asked if they would pick up the tab on the return shipping after everything that I had been through (plus losing a beautiful Amherst Sour Diesel) and the answer was flat out no! Instead of paying a fortune to send it back I will put that money towards a second Timber Grow Light (also a sponsor.)
In the last 1.5 years I had bought 2 reflectors and considered myself a decent customer but obviously they don't agree. (Many business owners, myself included, figure it's easier and cheaper to keep a good customer than it is to find a new one.)
Anyway, so much for a summery.... I guess you could say I have a Reflector 48X5 seems how half of it doesn't work.
I am at a dead end, I give up, lesson learned....:surrender: the light just isn't worth it financially or to my health.,"HOWEVER" I will tell anyone that asks about my experiences or opinions with this companies customer service.
If you're in the States I'd suggest you think about "BUYING AMERICAN." If not, at least read reviews before you decide where to spend your money and if you're going with a Mars you might consider buying 2 so you'll have a spare before you need it :rip:

I'm sorry that you are not satisfied with our service.:high-five:But we tried our best to help you to solve your problem,but you refused to send out your light.:high-five:
You said you have 4plants in total,and one of the plant died because one of your light have some diodes not working.
For your other 3plants are still in good condition,there might be other factors caused that plant died,such as nutrients,the strains....If it's because of the light,will not only one plant got problem.:Namaste:
When the time you sent email to us,it was our Chinese New Year,the Biggest holiday of every Chinese.We also had published this holiday news everywhere before we start holiday.:Namaste:We reply everyone's email/message/phonecall slow during holiday,but we would try our best to help all of our customers.:high-five:
When we got your email on Jan 24th,2017,the first day we start our holiday.My colleague were on our way back hometown,and my colleague replied you on Jan 27th.We are sorry for the dely.:Namaste:
You said you need the replacement parts as soon as possible,so my colleague arranged the driver to your,but because international service center do not work on weekend,so they sent out it on Jan 30th,2017. Because you live on a small island,so it took a little long time to arrive your place,but you were not happy with that and sent emails to us,we were keep tracking it all the time till it finally arrive at your side.:Namaste:
We are sorry for the incovenient.:high-five:
For your light are more than one year now,according to our warranty,you just need to cover the shipping fee to our repair center,and we will cover the return shipping charge and the repair charge.:Namaste:I understand that you live on a island:Namaste:,but we must follow our warranty policy.My colleague already sent your the RMA NO few days agao,but you didn't send out your light yet,we want to try our best to help you repair your light as soon as possible.:high-five:

I believe I already mentioned that the plant that didn't survive was 7-10 days from flowering so it was a large plant that physically would not fit in the space that I was able to move the other 3 into. (I Had 4 plants, only room for 3.) It's winter where I live, I had no choice but to cull it out.

I had 4 144 reflector series I put them all away half of them not working and borned out in 1 year they did 3 grows lol.. and bought from another company better price and better quality forget mars hydro..
I'm pretty happy with my new leds quality light price everything.

Back
Top Bottom