Mars-Hydro - Formerly TopLedGrowLight - Customer Service Review

Hey GW, have you emailed us ?
@smokesara:

Upon further inspection, it isn't fogging on the glass of my Mars II 1200, it is residue from 7 diodes that are either burnt out or on there way. I have used this light a total of less than 6 months and have owned it less than a year. If it is still under warranty, as it was purchased new, i would like help resolving this issue please. I know you are rather helpful for your clients so i figured i would try you here first, then if i can get no resolution, i will try emailing the company directly, thank you.

Well my 700 has been running 18 hours a day for the last 28 days after replacing the 30 led's and 30 diodes they sent me and I have 7 more burned out. Awesome.

On the bright side one led burnt out on one of my 4 panels after 3 grows

I'm a happy customer from my perspective every electrical product being massed produced has a failure rate and sometimes as high as 20% and still be found on the shelves.

I know Mars failure rate is not exceedingly high as the number of complaints is relatively low , despite how it must feel to those who unfortunately got a Panel with defective or poorly seated leds.

I understand peoples pain especially when they are in mid grow it would be upsetting but its always best to roll with the punches in life and fights ..

:Namaste:We will try our best to help you.May i know your growing condition? :volcano-smiley:You can send email to our service@mars-hydro.com:high-five:
Well my 700 has been running 18 hours a day for the last 28 days after replacing the 30 led's and 30 diodes they sent me and I have 7 more burned out. Awesome.

:circle-of-love:We are keeping upgrade our products.The Mars II series install with lens,the lens teach upgraded fast which the lens teach can not catch up with,it will cause darken the lens.:Namaste:But Mars II series give good growing result,so there are many customer like it.:high-five:
We sold out thousands of lights every month,we control the defective rate under 3"°.If anything happen with our light,we will try our best to find out the reason and help our customer to solve the problem.
Thanks for your understanding and support.:high-five:
On the bright side one led burnt out on one of my 4 panels after 3 grows

I'm a happy customer from my perspective every electrical product being massed produced has a failure rate and sometimes as high as 20% and still be found on the shelves.

I know Mars failure rate is not exceedingly high as the number of complaints is relatively low , despite how it must feel to those who unfortunately got a Panel with defective or poorly seated leds.

I understand peoples pain especially when they are in mid grow it would be upsetting but its always best to roll with the punches in life and fights ..

:circle-of-love:We understand their feels,that's why we always keep trying offer better service to our customer.When anything happen,we will always be here for them.:Namaste:We believe that after we help them solve all those problem,they will understand us somehow.:Namaste:
It takes a special person to work in the complaints department , peoples emotions can be strong when money is involved .. real strong lol

:thanks:We understand that when we buy anything,no one would like to see anything happen to it,that's what we are trying to do:to make everything better.
Thanks for your support,i'm so glad to have you guys here.:Namaste:
There is nothing wrong with a 3% defective rate in manufacturing. Good job.

The HotBox

Thank you Sara but I am done with this light :surrender: I have one plant in a 3x3 tent with an exhaust fan, circulation fan and the light. Nothing else. It's not my growing condition it's the light. I'd like to thank you for your help, I know you do everything you can to help us out but I'm moving on from Mars Hydro with a lesson learned.

Every year we will collect date from our repair center and the total amount of how many lights we sold out.:high-five::high-five:We have goods in stock at our international warehouse around 40000-50000pcs every month.:high-five:And many times,our shipping can not catch up:high-five:
Yes,you read that some posts claim their lights have lens problem,yes the defective rate under 3‰.But only when people have problem,they will come to post around,for most of them whom don't have problem with our lights,they didn't come to post.:Namaste:
Please do not worry,we have been selling LED lights since 2009,if it's really that bad,we can not survive till now.
We are keeping upgrade our tech,and it will become better and better.:high-five:
For our new model,the Mars Pro II series,they are with better quality and better performance,we have been selling this model since 2016 till now,they do not have much problem yet.

Hi Pr each, you still did not get the right solution? did not get LEDs? did not get reply? could you please tell me who were you talking with in our company? I will check it out for you today and give you an answer. you can also email me the details, I am Sara, and my email is : info@mars-hydro.com

Sorry again.

Hi Sara, I just sent another email asking how I can get a set of replacment diodes. Hopefully you can help me. The other service just kept asking a bunch of irrelevant questions, I'm not looking for warranty service since it's been over a year, I just want to be able to repair the light.

And I managed to fix my light by soldering a small piece of wire as a 'jump' across one of the dead LEDs.

To diagnose the problem I took the led panel out, plugged it in, and then used the wire to attempt to complete the circuit across any of the dead LEDs.

When I touched the contacts on either side of one of the dead LEDs all of a sudden the entire dead section lit up, except for the bad diode.

So now I have a light that is mostly working, but still has half a dozen dead didoes that I would like tor replace.

Thanks!

May i know which email address you sent email to? Or you can PM me your eamil address,so that i can check for you.:high-five:My colleague may want to diagonse the problem more accurate for you.With more information,they can know which leds went out,or if it's the driver's problem.:Namaste:
Hi Sara, I just sent another email asking how I can get a set of replacment diodes. Hopefully you can help me. The other service just kept asking a bunch of irrelevant questions, I'm not looking for warranty service since it's been over a year, I just want to be able to repair the light.

And I managed to fix my light by soldering a small piece of wire as a 'jump' across one of the dead LEDs.

To diagnose the problem I took the led panel out, plugged it in, and then used the wire to attempt to complete the circuit across any of the dead LEDs.

When I touched the contacts on either side of one of the dead LEDs all of a sudden the entire dead section lit up, except for the bad diode.

So now I have a light that is mostly working, but still has half a dozen dead didoes that I would like tor replace.

Thanks!

. The chips teach upgrade fast,which the lens teach can not catch up with,it will cause darken the lens.LED grow light all have this issue.

Do you have proof to support this statement that all LED's have this problem? I believe that statement is highly inaccurate.

Sorry we can not publish any statement about other companies,but we did the reserach.:high-five:
We sold out thousands of lights every month world wide,most of them do not have issue with our lights,also they will not come to post here.:Namaste:But when grower have problem with their products,they want to find a best way to slove their problem as fast as possible,that's why we are here on this forum for years now.:high-five:We want our customer always know that our company will always be here for them when anything happen.:high-five:
Even in holidays,we will try our best to reply our customers message as soon as we can.:Namaste:
Do you have proof to support this statement that all LED's have this problem? I believe that statement is highly inaccurate.

Sorry we can not publish any statement about other companies,but we did the reserach.

Would you please PM me the research.... you can even cross out the company names if you choose.

I still don't believe that "all LEDs have this problem" because my buddy Google says otherwise...

as a suggestion... why do you not just remove the lenses on the Mars II products? you have a glass cover over the diodes anyways... and it actually will help increase intensity by 5-10%. I mean since you know that is the issue, why not remove it like in the Pro series?

Sorry,these research only for our company use,can not send to other customer.We respect other LED companies.
If just remove the lens,the light can not gathering,the penetration will be very bad situation.
Unlike the Mars II,Mars Pro II series with Reflectition cup,and the view angle is different.
Would you please PM me the research.... you can even cross out the company names if you choose.

I still don't believe that "all LEDs have this problem" because my buddy Google says otherwise...

as a suggestion... why do you not just remove the lenses on the Mars II products? you have a glass cover over the diodes anyways... and it actually will help increase intensity by 5-10%. I mean since you know that is the issue, why not remove it like in the Pro series?

Yes my MaRS 2 700 did not last a year. 20 leds burnt out so i emailed coco she gave me this address to send in to the los angels area to get it fixed

This is the address they gave does not exist.

kk4444
5620 grace pl
commerce, ca 90022

I am out shipping now.

I was going to buy another light but i dont think so now looks like a got hosed.

I confirmed with our service department,the address which my colleague coco gave to you is correct,may i know which delivery company you used?:high-five:Some delivery company may not ship to this address,so they will tell you this address isn't exsit.:Namaste:
We received two tracking NO from you,but they are not working.:Namaste:We will try our best to help you.:high-five:
Yes my MaRS 2 700 did not last a year. 20 leds burnt out so i emailed coco she gave me this address to send in to the los angels area to get it fixed

This is the address they gave does not exist.

kk4444
5620 grace pl
commerce, ca 90022

I am out shipping now.

I was going to buy another light but i dont think so now looks like a got hosed.

Hi Everyone

Just a quick note to ask everyone with a valid customer complaint posting here to please be mindful of Our Guidelines and specifically this paragraph:

Complaints About Sponsors
We work hard not only at protecting our sponsors - without whom 420 Magazine would not exist - but also at representing our members. If you have a complaint against a sponsor, then your first course of action should be to contact the sponsor directly, via their email or website. If complaints are posted on site, are expressed with reason and rationale and do not in any other way contravene our Guidelines, (for example, no name-calling, immature language or multiple posts), then we will contact the sponsor in question and invite them to post in the thread. Inappropriate posts which are clearly 'sponsor bashing' will be deleted.
We value all of our sponsors, however we also value all of you, our members. Valid complaints, expressed reasonably, are perfectly acceptable. In this thread we note that Mars are responsive and appear to do their best to resolve problems, which is to their credit.

Following our Guidelines will keep this thread professional, educational and helpful for all, with good intentions all round to resolve any problems.

:thanks: Everyone

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom