Mars-Hydro - Formerly TopLedGrowLight - Customer Service Review

Expecting any company to send you a unit before sending yours back is crazy. It sounds like you had a power supply fail. It happens. They sent you to directions to DIY and You didn't want to tinker with it. They offer to reimburse you to have someone else tinker with it and "he didn't want to open anything up further". Then they offer to repair it for you if you sent it back and you're not happy with that either. This actually seems like a very reasonable course of action. i hope it works out for you in the end. It sounds like an excellent review of their service practices and everything I personally would expect from a vendor. Good luck!

You are a pushover then. A warranty should be "send us the defective unit, and we'll send you back a working replacement or fix it ourselves."

You shouldnt have to attempt a repair yourself or front any service money. Get a life. You wont be getting any free products for brown nosing

read your number 8 point. she asked you to ship it to them and they would repair or replace. you said you couldnt be without your light while you shipped it to them. so your point of "a warranty should be send us the defective unit....." they offered that service to you

You are a pushover then. A warranty should be "send us the defective unit, and we'll send you back a working replacement or fix it ourselves."

You shouldnt have to attempt a repair yourself or front any service money. Get a life. You wont be getting any free products for brown nosing

You are absolutely correct. Why are you upset about their service then? It's exactly what they told you to do. I don't own a MH and probably never will. When you drop $250 on a unit and buy it from overseas... You kind of need to treat it as disposable.

Edited to remove my childish "get a life" response

:circle-of-love: Hi Cheese, I am sorry it disapoints you. It drops to 1 year not because of quality. We will keep doing great. The one year warranty is the same as three year warranty. In the second and third year, we will still be responsible for the light. :circle-of-love:
I have just ordered a 300w reflector from Amazon. It said 3 year warrenty on the web site and 1year on Amazon. I emailed mars hydro and asked what was correct. I was told the company are dropping the warrenty to 1year. This does not fill me with confidence in the product when they drop the warrenty from 3 to 1 year.

Hi Sara.

I received an email from MH today saying the same thing. This is great news and I am looking forward to receiving the light. A good service is everything. :thumb:

:circle-of-love: Hi Cheese, I am sorry it disapoints you. It drops to 1 year not because of quality. We will keep doing great. The one year warranty is the same as three year warranty. In the second and third year, we will still be responsible for the light. :circle-of-love:

Well I am basically cheesed off because of the fact that the ship back to them policy was only extended after asking me to try to fix it myself and so on.

I did mention to them that the problem I have with shipping the lights back to the now is because firstly, I threw away the box and packaging material and secondly I would need to find a replacement light set to keep my plants going first.

All the boxes I found or that are on sale are very regular type sized boxes, and not the long flat dimension types that are used to pack these lights. Administrative things aside, my plants cannot go without lights for what I can only assume to take 2-3 weeks for the lights to be sent-received- checked-repaired and then reshipped to me.

The terms and conditions was that upon receiving the lights, they would have to check the unit to see if they fault lies with the lights itself or it there was a user problem. To me this is very subjective, because the company can say anything, and after finding a suitable box, and spending my own money to ship the stuff back only to be told its your fault would really push me over the edge.............

It is really disheartening with all my bad experience with China made products. I bought some LED spotlights from ebay from a UK seller. X4 50watt LED spotlights, 2 at 2700K and 2 at 6500K units. The 6500K spotlights have both broken down on two separate occasions and the seller actually sent me a new unit on both occasions. Another of these new lights have just broken down after just two months from the first replacement, and the seller was so embarrassed saying that he had ran out of more 6500K units because he has had so many complaints of breakdowns that he has run out. Saying that the 6500k units where made in China and that the LED driver or something is faulty or underspec, or some other technical reason. He has offered to send a replacement but with a 2700K unit instead, but I think the man has suffered enough.............

I actually suggested for Mars-hydro to send me a set and then use the same box to ship the faulty set to them but looks like that is not going to happen and I got to go look for a replacement set and boxes first. Not sure if after doing all this if I still would go through with shipping the lights back. Seems like a big waste of time taking into consideration of the risk of them saying " its your fault, nothing wromg with components and sorry."

:circle-of-love: hello epiphytophile, I have checked with Sean. I am sorry for the time delay for you. We are intended to save you as much time as we can, but you are not able to fix it. There is no choice but to ask you to send the light back. Then we will find the reason and fix it in the factory. :Namaste:
Well I am basically cheesed off because of the fact that the ship back to them policy was only extended after asking me to try to fix it myself and so on.

I did mention to them that the problem I have with shipping the lights back to the now is because firstly, I threw away the box and packaging material and secondly I would need to find a replacement light set to keep my plants going first.

All the boxes I found or that are on sale are very regular type sized boxes, and not the long flat dimension types that are used to pack these lights. Administrative things aside, my plants cannot go without lights for what I can only assume to take 2-3 weeks for the lights to be sent-received- checked-repaired and then reshipped to me.

The terms and conditions was that upon receiving the lights, they would have to check the unit to see if they fault lies with the lights itself or it there was a user problem. To me this is very subjective, because the company can say anything, and after finding a suitable box, and spending my own money to ship the stuff back only to be told its your fault would really push me over the edge.............

It is really disheartening with all my bad experience with China made products. I bought some LED spotlights from ebay from a UK seller. X4 50watt LED spotlights, 2 at 2700K and 2 at 6500K units. The 6500K spotlights have both broken down on two separate occasions and the seller actually sent me a new unit on both occasions. Another of these new lights have just broken down after just two months from the first replacement, and the seller was so embarrassed saying that he had ran out of more 6500K units because he has had so many complaints of breakdowns that he has run out. Saying that the 6500k units where made in China and that the LED driver or something is faulty or underspec, or some other technical reason. He has offered to send a replacement but with a 2700K unit instead, but I think the man has suffered enough.............

I actually suggested for Mars-hydro to send me a set and then use the same box to ship the faulty set to them but looks like that is not going to happen and I got to go look for a replacement set and boxes first. Not sure if after doing all this if I still would go through with shipping the lights back. Seems like a big waste of time taking into consideration of the risk of them saying " its your fault, nothing wromg with components and sorry."

All the boxes I found or that are on sale are very regular type sized boxes, and not the long flat dimension types that are used to pack these lights. Administrative things aside, my plants cannot go without lights for what I can only assume to take 2-3 weeks for the lights to be sent-received- checked-repaired and then reshipped to me."

You could buy a new light ship the old one back in the new box and keep your grow growing. Thats my tip.
As a bonus you will have 1 more LED panels to grow with when your return comes in.

im about to purchase a mars hydro set and wanted to do a little research about them before buying. this kinda makes me scared haha but anyways, i read everything and you guys are right and wrong.
you cant just expect them to send a light to you, before you ship yours
but there is a way around this, you can tell them you will pay for a new light, when they get your light back, they can then credit you the money back. ive done this before with many things, and as a business person i would never want to basically send out free product, with no promise of return. i still will be purchasing mars hydro reflector series, any thoughts? should i go with the 720w(true 320) or the 960 (true 400)

:thumb: manolo, could you tell me your grow space?
im about to purchase a mars hydro set and wanted to do a little research about them before buying. this kinda makes me scared haha but anyways, i read everything and you guys are right and wrong.
you cant just expect them to send a light to you, before you ship yours
but there is a way around this, you can tell them you will pay for a new light, when they get your light back, they can then credit you the money back. ive done this before with many things, and as a business person i would never want to basically send out free product, with no promise of return. i still will be purchasing mars hydro reflector series, any thoughts? should i go with the 720w(true 320) or the 960 (true 400)

:thumb: manolo, could you tell me your grow space?

i was gunna order the 4 pack off ebay of either 4 720s or 4 960s. going with a 10x5x6.5 tent but gunna take 2 -3 feet of space for cloning section and wouldnt mind having an extra just incase anything like the problems people were experiencing happens to me.

Sara,

I ordered a light off of the old site lol.. whoops!! I put a new order in on the new site. Can you please help refund my first purchase?? Thanks :)

:circle-of-love:Hi got, I am sorry about this. Could you send me an email info@mars-hydro.com? Please tell me you are got grapes from 420.:Namaste:
Sara,

I ordered a light off of the old site lol.. whoops!! I put a new order in on the new site. Can you please help refund my first purchase?? Thanks :)

Ordered my Mars 2 400watt light and received it in 3 business days!! Excellent customer service via email! I look forward to ordering my 2nd soon to compliment the first. Only small issue is the site says it has a VEG/BLOOM switch and the one I received did not. Look forward to the results of my grow, just started a journal feel free to check it out and pass on suggestions and input to assist my first LED Closet Grow.

Hi SmokeSara, I made an account specifically just to message you because I see how well you handle your self and how helpful you are. I made an order for a two pack a couple weeks ago. I received it on monday, although I only received 1 light. the boxes have stickers which look like they are from the warehouse and they say 1 of 1. I can provide photos if you like. I am asking for help because I dont know how ot go about getting my second light. I am not sure if this was a mistake from the warehouse or if this was a mistake on canada post.

Thanks anything helps.

:circle-of-love:Hello MiniPinscher, I am sorry about this. Sometimes, the warehouse will ship out the lights seperately. Could you send me an email at info@mars-hydro.com? I will check it for you.:Namaste:
Hi SmokeSara, I made an account specifically just to message you because I see how well you handle your self and how helpful you are. I made an order for a two pack a couple weeks ago. I received it on monday, although I only received 1 light. the boxes have stickers which look like they are from the warehouse and they say 1 of 1. I can provide photos if you like. I am asking for help because I dont know how ot go about getting my second light. I am not sure if this was a mistake from the warehouse or if this was a mistake on canada post.

Thanks anything helps.

Back
Top Bottom