Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:thanks: that couldn't be better, LEDCanuck. You are a good grower.:thumb:
These lights sure do, you'll love your MarsII. I thought that I'd be sacrificing bud density and light penetration when I made the jump to LEDs, but neither appears to be true. I can't wait for the rest of my SCROG to be ready for chopping, will likely be Sunday.

:) plants really love the lights!
I really like my Led units so far...
While waiting for the Babies to grow, I put my pepper plant in there with two Avacodo Plants and the leaves have turned a dark, rich looking green. And they are setting in the corner away from the Led lights.

:circle-of-love: it looks good so far. Hopefully you will flower it at that time.:high-five:
20151211_134037.jpg
20151211_131454.jpg
update. I think I messed up my #3 White widow. I was taking off some leafs because when I would check on them in the morning she would have water build up on the leafs no matter how low my humidity. I took of quite a bit but I took off only the big leafs that were covering little tops and stoping air flow. You think she'll be ready for flower on the 28th

:thanks:that's really good news.:cheer: I will keep following
Yeah a successful 24 hrs with all 3 of my Cree128.
Lights came on at 8 Pm last night and just went off at 12 noon.
Not one of them stayed on like the last 4 days.
Only thing I did was put in fresh batteries and left the remote in the middle of the room and not in a closed drawer...
Tonight if they all come on at 8 pm like they are suppose to, I will take the remote inside of my house to see if they shut off properly tomorrow.

:circle-of-love: thanks for choosing us, Max. Here you will learn a lot from many experienced growers. I believe you will grow as good as they do.:high-five:
Hi all,

I've just bought my first ever grow tent and Mars Hydro light. If I end up with even a fraction of the grow quality as you guys I'll be happy. Thanks to Sara and Ruby for all the help getting to the point of ordering. There are some high quality grows from people using the Mars II and I'm very much looking forward to following in your footsteps.

Max

:circle-of-love:Hi Shelby, free shipping is only for US customers at our website. There is extra charge for shipping from other countries.:Namaste:
Hmmm, the last time I checked recently I noticed Mars was offering FREE SHIPPING.
Sara, is free shipping still in effect?

:thanks: thanks for the help, Neil.
If you go to Mars-Hydro.com and go to warranty, at the bottom is a price list to replace any part on your light after the warranty is done. Parts are cheap. You Tube look up Mars-Hydro and there are videos on replacing parts and troubleshooting the lights.For the price, free shipping and the warranty you do get it is well spent money.I would say most buy the cheapest to test the waters, they are then hooked because they do work as good as they look.

I really wish I could get a light assembly based on 5w cree x 96 !!! w/out remote but veg/flower ability via switches if wanted for a price that makes sense. I';d like 2 for my my little 2x4 flower room.
O well that's a PIPE dream , I need programmable timers but still dont need no stinkin remote. LoL :volcano-smiley:

IMG_20151211_212530.jpg

My veg light is installed and ready to go. Mars hydro 300 watt. Old model. Waiting on my blue mystic and mars II 400watt to be 100% ready for this new grow.

Tonight I started taking down the ripe colas on one of my three C99 plants, the bottoms will be left for another 5-7 days to ripen up a bit. I'm very happy with the quality and quality from this plant at this stage, I've grown this strain under HPS and it is much denser and frostier this time around. LOVE my MarsII 900's even more now :) The resin production is absolutely insane, the trimmings are going to make for some killer bubble hash.

Here's some pics, all of what is seen is from one Female Seeds C99 plant. Once again, any guesses on what this plant will yield dry?:

12366944_10208644384369355_1107916286_n.jpg
12351292_10208644384489358_626693034_n.jpg
12367092_10208644385569385_1831907279_n.jpg
12358254_10208644384729364_530355676_n.jpg
12366527_10208644384929369_1111264810_n.jpg
IMG_128832.JPG
IMG_129032.JPG
IMG_128926.JPG
IMG_129125.JPG

20151211_134037.jpg
20151211_131454.jpg
update. I think I messed up my #3 White widow. I was taking off some leafs because when I would check on them in the morning she would have water build up on the leafs no matter how low my humidity. I took of quite a bit but I took off only the big leafs that were covering little tops and stoping air flow. You think she'll be ready for flower on the 28th

You are fine my friend , in a couple day they will really perk up with the new hair cut. ready or not , you are the boss...

Hello Sara and all following the Mars forum,

Yesterday I took the plunge for my first ever grow tent and light and placed an order. The information on here hare has been fantastic and helped me decide on Mars Hydro as the supplier. Alas, there's been a little hiccup with the plans. The 2'4" tents are out of stock and they aren't back in stock until next month. They have great customer service and have offered 3 options.. a refund, a bigger tent for a little more, wait for the small one to come back in stock.

I don't want to go for a bigger tent as the 2'4" will serve my needs... I'm not going to be selling my crop, 2 plants will be plenty and I have limited space where it will go. Plus I don't want to invest in more LED's to cover a bigger tent. Not that the electricity will cost much - I have solar panels that produce 3.6Kwh on a good day. Dull winter days still average 900wh during daylight. But I digress... I think my real choices are now 1. Take the refund and buy a tent elsewhere 2. Wait for the tent to come back in stock.

I'm veering towards 2 because I've not seen many (if any) reviews of the small Mars LED & tent combo. Plus it gives me more time to learn and prepare for my first ever grow. I've still got soil and nutes to consider.

Sara, do you have any idea when the small tent will be back in stock please? I need to let you guys know what option I'll be taking.

Max

:circle-of-love: thanks for this sincere advice. We are considering about it.:circle-of-love:

Long time reader and owner of two of the reflector series lights. Personally I do not want any light that is digitally controlled for the same reason I don't use digital timers. If you live in an area of the country that tends to have electrical glitches then your settings disappear and the light or timer is simply off until you intervene and turn it back on or reprogram the device.

If using an analog/mechanical timer along with leds that have no switches or the analog boom/veg switches and the electricity fails for a few seconds, minutes, or hours when it comes back on the lights will be working. Yes the timer will need to be reset to the correct time but your plants will only be in darkness for the duration of the outage. Most outages in my area are very short. Just enough to have to reset every digital clock in the house. I too would like to own one of the new cob lights but not until a "fool proof" version with analog controls is made available.

Back
Top Bottom