Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Nice to see you Happyjoy, you can hang the light around 24inches, if your plants don't reject the light, you can hang it closer, but no less than 18inches :thumb: Remenber more cal and mag there, also ph 6~6.5 :high-five:
hey htere everyone!
so i have a question. im changing my lights from CFL's to a marsHYDRO 96x3 light.
the plants have been vegging for a month under CFL's. (4x28W)

being that the plants are already 4 weeks old, how high should i start the light above the plants?
in the meantime i hung them 24" above the plants. should they be closer? if not, when should i change them? thnks!

Thank you supergroomer. :circle-of-love:
24" should be good to start. let them get used to the new light. In a few days you can move it down to about 18". :peace:

Good day HydroDyna, thanks for stopping by. :circle-of-love: You can hang the light around 24'' above your pepper plants, hope you enjoy the grow :cheer:
Bought the old model 100x3W today. :party:
Now it's just waiting until they're here and I can test them out on a few pepper plants first.

During flower, you can hang the light around 12''~18'' :thumb:
thnks. then i leave it at 18" for how long? bring it closer during flower?
:thanks:
2,3 4 days. See how the girls react. You can move it a little at a time if you want. In 2 days move it to 22 inches then the 20 then to 18. I have my lights anywhere from 12"-18" during flower. Hope this helps. :peace:

I'm using 2- 144*3 in a 4 by 4.
Everything looked great,have nice buds and green leaves but upper main stalks and leaf stems are a reddish purple anywhere where light hits.
If a leaf covers stem,stem is unaffected,also pull a cola from branch under it stalk is also green.
Anyone had this problem,if so how did you fix??

Up your cal/mag by 10% if your not using cal/mag you can try 1/4 tsp of epsom salt to gallon of water

Hello cagycritter, I am sorry to hear that, can you hang the light a little higher for now? Also have you checked the PH rate? Usually using LEDs need the PH around 6~6.5 and RH above 50%, also more cal and mag is neccessary. :Namaste: If you don't mind, can you post some pictures? I am sure many experienced growers can help you here. :high-five:
Been using my 100 by 3 for two weeks now. it takes a little while to get used to. Everything appears darker than the plant sees it but I notice that compared to my CFL only grows, the penetration is better. I do notice I need to switch to a normal cfl to examine the plants for pests, as its harder to see under LEDs. Anyone else notice this also?
:circle-of-love:
Do you have any pics? Also, are you supplementing with Cal/Mag? :peace:
I haven't personally had this happen and I am very new to the mars lights but it sounds like some sort of heat or light stress??? maybe a little calmag wouldn't hurt although in my setup I wasn't able to add much cal-magic without making the leaves nitrogen claw. I have bleached my leaves by having LEDs too close though.

Hello indica4mymeds, add some cal and mag like CO Finest said below, hope the problem will be solved soon :high-five::circle-of-love:
Everything looked great,have nice buds and green leaves but upper main stalks and leaf stems are a reddish purple anywhere where light hits.
If a leaf covers stem,stem is unaffected,also pull a cola from branch under it stalk is also green.
Anyone had this problem,if so how did you fix??
Thank you CO Finest :circle-of-love:
Up your cal/mag by 10% if your not using cal/mag you can try 1/4 tsp of epsom salt to gallon of water

Thank you Sara I did in fact have a PH issue ... way too low... like 5.6 or so... fixed now!! acting better here. Curled up a ot of leaves before I figured out not to check the PH too close to my motors here. They made my readings wrong.

High TheMunchies, can you send an email to Lucy again, so she can check the payment for you? Thank you. :circle-of-love:
Hey Sara,

I sent payment via pay pal to Lucy this afternoon and haven't heard back yet, when should I expect a tracking number ?

Thanks

Your welcome cagycritter, I am glad I can help. Hope the problem will be solved very soon, and enjoy the grow there. :thumb:
Thank you Sara I did in fact have a PH issue ... way too low... like 5.6 or so... fixed now!! acting better here. Curled up a ot of leaves before I figured out not to check the PH too close to my motors here. They made my readings wrong.

I haven't personally had this happen and I am very new to the mars lights but it sounds like some sort of heat or light stress??? maybe a little calmag wouldn't hurt although in my setup I wasn't able to add much cal-magic without making the leaves nitrogen claw. I have bleached my leaves by having LEDs too close though.

You will find that growing under LEDs you girls will require additional cal/mag that you did not need with conventional lighting.... and yes having the lights too close will bleach or burn you tops but how close you can get the girls should not be your question... it should be how far away do they have to be to get the benefit of the spectrum of the light....:circle-of-love:

Thank you Dennise, and good evening there. :circle-of-love:
You will find that growing under LEDs you girls will require additional cal/mag that you did not need with conventional lighting.... and yes having the lights too close will bleach or burn you tops but how close you can get the girls should not be your question... it should be how far away do they have to be to get the benefit of the spectrum of the light....:circle-of-love:
:passitleft:
Good morning Sara.....:circle-of-love:

High apeshot, thanks for ordering from us, the 1200w light can definitely replace your 600w hps, and it will give out much less heat and less electric bill, so I am sure you will like it. :thumb:
Well I just took the plunge and ordered a Mars II 1200w...

Looking forward to setting it up and seeing how it compares to my Gavita PRO SE 600w HPS lamp.

Great news everyone, :circle-of-love: we will going to have a new container arrive our Canada warehouse, if everything goes well there, the grow tents will be available in Canada from Friday this week, feel free to order now. lol :cheer::cheer:

Just one more update on the tents, our DE warehouse has received the grow tents as well, if everything goes well, we can ship them from tomorrow for our EU customers. lol :thumb:
Great news everyone, :circle-of-love: we will going to have a new container arrive our Canada warehouse, if everything goes well there, the grow tents will be available in Canada from Friday this week, feel free to order now. lol :cheer::cheer:

If a leaf covers stem,stem is unaffected,also pull a cola from branch under it stalk is also green. Anyone had this problem,if so how did you fix??

I've seen this on my plants too and I did nothing about it. I forget what the process is called but King John C explained it in his seed cabinet journal, basically he said this is a natural reaction to the high intensity led lights and you can also see it on plants grown under hid lights that have an high enough wattage.

Back
Top Bottom