Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

The boss is impressed and can't wait for me to bring him some weed. It's awesome to live in Colorado.

:thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake:
I think I need to pack up the plantation and move to Co.

:rofl: haha, it's true.
So true Sara. Include a "leaky pipe fixer" and a "take the garbage to out to the curb" function and women will no longer need husbands either.
Sales will then double and there will be no need for divorce attorneys. Everyone will be happily content with their remote controls. :)

:circle-of-love: good question goof, as we have replacement parts in US, it will take three to five days for delivery of parts, if you are able to fix it. If not, you can send the item to our maintenance service center. The repair time will be within two working days. Then we will send it back to you. Under this condition, it will probably will take more days because of double shipping time.:Namaste:
OK 1 more question (for now lol) say I'm in the middle of a grow and my light stops working suddenly. How long is the repair/fix time because when I grew and when I grow again I tend to stick to top shelf seeds and I don't want to lose a whole crop because my light malfunctioned .

:circle-of-love: let's keep learning together, from you guys, I have a lot to learn.:high-five:
I hope so Sara. I remember how it was when I first started out. I didnt know anything! :laugh: I'm still learning all the time though. :love:

:party::party::party::party: congrats on the new lights! Griz!:party::party::party: I couldn't wait to see the journals and video.:blunt::blunt:
So I went to lunch with my wife, came back to my office to find........

IMG_217718.JPG

Multiply my excitement times 3! I know my plants will also be excited. My 4ft 8 bulb T5 hit it's max coverage as my 3 bushes extend past those lights now. These could not have come at a better time and I'm excited to see how they take to the reflectors spectrum. Expect a lot of photos and a video soon!

Thank you Sara and Ruby!

I ended up opening this one box, I'll check the other two when I get home, plugging it in...................Holy Crap....

Co-workers came running to my office as it's glow traveled through the body shop. Luckily I had put my sunglasses on before switching it on, but there were 6 employees whose curiosity caused them to see yellow spots for the next half hour when they came rushing into my office. The boss is impressed and can't wait for me to bring him some weed. It's awesome to live in Colorado.

:ganjamon: haha, it's a surprise!
We just got our new 1200w in the mail , very heavy and bright . I didn't know it came with veg and bloom switches, thought only the 1600w came with that .

:circle-of-love: hi Gnarl, I am sorry about this. It's very impressive about the your management, very tough. :thumb: I couldn't help to think of one classical debation " A successful leader need to be loved or feared":cheesygrinsmiley: Before I prefer to be loved, everybody wants to be loved. Now, it may depends.:hug:
This misinformation happened before. As we are cooperating with the warehouse, more specifically, we are just one of many partners of the warehouse, we ask them to send the parcel. They send us the tracking number. As long as we receive the tracking number, we deem it will ship out by them. Under most situations, they work perfect and ship out the light on time. In some cases, they will make mistakes, like this, and didn't send it, tell us they send it and blame the fault for UPSP. However, we can avoid this if Lucy has checked the status earlier and spot the abnormal situation. It's our negligence, too, so sorry about this. :Namaste:
I can answer that one from my personal experience. I would elaborate, but I want to let the situation play it's self out to it's conclusion before I comment to much.

My Mars II 1200 has 8 drivers. One went out causing one bank of lights and one fan to stop working. The light still functions although understandably at less than full capacity.

I emailed Mars Hydro and Lucy arranged shipment of a replacement and gave me a tracking number on August 14th. I live on the east coast of the US and the part was coming from their Cali warehouse.

On the 21st the tracking showed it was still in preshipping status. So I emailed Lucy and she told me she checked with her shipping associates and they said it "was moving now". I checked again and it had not changed.

On the 25th Lucy emailed me that USPS had told her that "the package is lost" and a replacement was being shipped out and she would send me a tracking number. I asked her not to use parcel select lightweight again and she said she would forward my request to the warehouse. For those who don't know, parcel select lightweight is similar to the "slow boat from China" slowest cheapest form of shipping possible.

Today is the 27th and I have not received my new tracking number yet. I live in a small town of about 5000 and have known the postmaster for about 30 years so I paid him a visit yesterday and showed him Lucy's email saying the package had been lost by the post office. He made a call to California and assured me that the USPS had received a preshipping notice that a package was coming, but no package was ever presented to or scanned at any USPS facility.

In the mean time my light is still functioning at less than full potential, but adequately to keep the plants growing and I'm still waiting.

Let me say that I neither blame Lucy nor Sara as neither is in that warehouse in California. Both have always done their best for me. I will say though that when I owned my company that installed surveillance systems in a retail environment I guaranteed 24 hour service. If one of my installations failed you received a call within 24 hours and if the problem couldn't be resolved over the phone a tech would be onsite the next day no matter where the system was located within our South Eastern United States territory.

If a part was needed it was shipped over night Fedex. My customers depended on me to keep my system up to protect their premises just like we expect not to lose a crop due to failure of our lights.

Incidentally if one of my employees had told me the post office lost the package two weeks after he supposedly mailed it I'd have stomped his ass and threw him out in the street if I found out it had never been mailed. But that's me after all I am a gnarly dude. :)

I am sure Lucy will get this straightened out and I like hot and sour soup too much to piss the girls off. :)

I am looking forward to it too.:drool::drool:
Your plants are going to love you! You must take pics and possibly a Youtube video for us to drool over :laugh:

I wish we could have more local representatives to offer pick-up for the customers. It will be more convenient.:circle-of-love:
Purchase a light with several drivers and even if one dies you can limp through until help arrives. Drivers seem to be the weak link.

More than one light would also be a precaution.

I intend to make it my mission to see that customer service improves whether it be encouraging more warehouses or better shipping practices. More localized service centers would help as well.

You can call me Gnarl or you can call me Green, just don't call me late for supper!

Actually the handle Gnarl E Green came from my friend saying "That's a Gnarly Green bud!" when I gifted him a cola after last harvest.

Thanks for the suggestions. I researched the Armor SI and am certain I have the cal/mag, potassium and Silica aspects covered.

I went back in researched the problem some more and found both plants that were brittle were of the same strain and the others seemed malleable. I do have to stake all of them up and support them when they start getting top heavy with gnarly buds.

I used to have to de-chlorinate and ph my tap water until I discovered that my rain water was a perfect 6.5 Now I have a food grade 55 gallon drum with a few tilapia fingerling in it to keep down mosquitoes that I use for watering. I try to grow 100% organically in soil I mix myself.

Thanks again.

I'm in CA we don't have any rain water just heat and blue sky

Yes, 5w with switches. Our new MarsII has switches too. :Namaste:
Your mars II 1200 has both veg and light switches? Does it have 5w diodes? I'm jealous.

:kisstwo::kisstwo::kisstwo:Gnarl, Gnarl, Gnarl... :kiss::kiss::kiss: let's make it today!
Are you saying you were surprised too? :)

Congratulations on the 7000th post. I have been blabbering away just to reach my required 50th. Might make it one day.

:reading420magazine: I will read book. Now I want to join you two.:passitleft:
so how do you like to spend your time in your garden?

I can tell you how I like to spent mine... :cheesygrinsmiley:
:ganjamon:
just remember to do your work first before you take a "smoke break" and stay hydrated

0061839.JPG

0052074.JPG

0071715.JPG

Back
Top Bottom