Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Northern light auto day 34 main top/cola its saying thank you for the light
IMG_2406_-_Copy.JPG

Fungus gnats have been an issue! Though I do believe I am nearing the tail end of it.
I applied Bt-i in the form of mosquito dunk on 5/21. I have seen flying adult levels plummet significantly within the last week or so, nearly 4 weeks later. I wanted to wait until the bugs were done with before making any major changes such as topping or taking cuttings.

All plants were showing signs of damage the first couple of weeks. The yellowing has stopped and growth has picked up, especially in the two larger ones. Note: All 4 plants are the same age.

I figure it is getting close to the time where I want to switch to 12/12 on this tent. I would like to move the 2 smaller plants to a new veg tent to see if they recover as well as take a couple of clones from the 2 larger plants. I am guessing that is going to be in the next few weeks so it is time to shop for tent and a light!

Here is what the tent is looking like today.

For soil insects I use diatomaceous earth on top of the soil as a barrier, it cuts them as they move through it. I bought my diatomaceous earth from an animal feed store, do not use the type meant for pool filters. Mosquito dunks can also be used as a soil drench for fungus gnats. Sierra Natural Sciences also makes a soil drench called SNS-203 for fungus gnats and other soil insects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous earth

https://www.homedepot.com Mosquito Dunks 6 Pack

SNS-Natural Fertilizers, Pesticides, Weed Killer & Nutrients natural pesticides sns-203

*SNIP*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous earth
https://www.homedepot.com Mosquito Dunks 6 Pack
SNS-Natural Fertilizers, Pesticides, Weed Killer & Nutrients natural pesticides sns-203

The 203 is new to me, I haven't seen it before. Looks interesting! I might have to pick some up if these bugs don't vanish soon. Ive been using the dunks and they seem to be working though after nearly 4 weeks I've still got a few holdouts wandering about. They mostly seem to be coming out of the bottom drainage holes now with hardly any on the soil surface. They don't seem to be able to fly so I am not sure if they are juvenile or damaged by the BTI bacteria.

Someone handed me a bottle of pyrethrin I am considering using around the drain holes. While the bottle says "Use up to the day of harvest" some of the cautions make me think this stuff isn't as safe as I was led to believe.

They mostly seem to be coming out of the bottom drainage holes now

I recently read a suggestion to use women's panty hose on the bottom of the container to keep fungus gnats from entering/exiting from the drain holes. I keep thinking I'll try it, but keep forgetting to buy panty hose.

900w:Amp: 3.92A/110V, 2.05A/220V
1200w: Amp: 5.43A/110V, 2.69A/220V
Does anybody know the amps that get drawn from the 900w and 1200w led? I'm tryin to decide how many of which I can use without popin the breaker in my spare room

our 144x3w is out of stock in US and 192x3w will out of stock soon. 96x3w , we have enough there.
I have been using a TOP 144x3w for just over 2 months and I could not be happier.
I think the time has come to think about a second light for a shorter veg tent. (Maybe 2.6' x 2.6' x 5')

I have been considering a 96x3 for veg or maybe upgrading the flower tent to a 192x3 and keeping my 144x3 for veg? I am a bit torn on this choice.

Is anyone aware of any specials or promotions TOP might be running right now or if either of these are in stock in the US at the moment?

Any guidance, ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated! =)

it should be next month. 15~20th,July. we just ship them out and it will take around one month arrive at our warehouse .
sara,have the 96x3 already need 148x3,any idea when u will have more in stock in usa.thanx.

yes, we have enough mars II in US now, and only our mars II 900w has special price now. other items do not have. we are short on other items now. :high-five:
Sara. Do you have the Mar 700 in stock for US shipment? I would like to purchase one tomorrow. Are there any specials now?

yes, we have enough mars II in US now, and only our mars II 900w has special price now. other items do not have. we are short on other items now. :high-five:

I like special pricing! I am thinking that 900w is too large for a tent that is 2.6'x2.6'x7' ?
I am concerned about having to keep the light too high above the plants. I want to try to grow some taller plants.

I personally think the 900 is what you're looking for if you want the canopy penetration. A 700 will work but why not just kill it...?

I am upgrading from a 96x3w reflector series light. 700 is a big leap already. =)
Wont 900 just burn the heck out of everything in a 2.6'x2.6'? Will I need to keep the light way up above the plants?
By your logic why not just get the 1200? ;)

Back
Top Bottom