Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

"By the way, we stoped adding IR lights on our old model series since April 2014"

Is this because of the price or? And whay specification on EB,.. basically everywhere - still say IR in Spectrum?

Hello, Ive bought a mars II 1200 led panel. My tent is only 80cm x 80 cm x 160cm. I was not aware that the mars would be that heavy and big.

I started growing a plant in my garden then only after two months moved to the tent for the flowering stage. THis plant is tall already and I only managed to put it 35 cm away from the led panel. THe tent temperature is at 32 celsius maximum. After two nights of 12 hrs with led on, the upper leaves are going dry, burning at the top and the plant overall look is not that healthy. What could I do? ty

Cooking and growing isn't the same thing. :geek:

I found this on a local forum:

Wide/deep
150W - 0,6m x 0,4m
250W - 0,8m x 0,6m
400W - 1,2m x 0,8m
600W - 1,5m x 1m
1000W -2,5 m2

Was this an answer to my questions? Sry I didnt get it. Wide/deep?

Cooking and growing isn't the same thing. Ty for the advice. What do u wanna say with that? Too hot of a temperature? How away from the mars II should the plant be? And whats the maximung temperature I should be going for? I currently have a fan scuking air from the carbon filter to outside the tent, but dont have a cooler pullng air in.

Had I started growing it in my tent from the beggining, do u think the plant would grow taller that it should? It would reach a pick before growing too large to the point it would get too much heat?

Ty again.

Cooking and growing isn't the same thing. :geek:

I found this on a local forum:

Wide/deep
150W - 0,6m x 0,4m
250W - 0,8m x 0,6m
400W - 1,2m x 0,8m
600W - 1,5m x 1m
1000W -2,5 m2

hey I'm just a noob, but still: the optimum temperature for growing weed is between 20ºC and 25ºC, someone will say 30ºC because you use leds, but the plant already show you how that won't work in your small specialized grow tent. Too much light from all directions, and oblivious, too freaking close for an 1200w (600 real) 5w led light.

Move your plant back to old place and go for old school hps mergers, what means: 40-55cm for 600W away from the top of plant or prepare yourself for worst scenario. I think.

But actually i never grow nofing, so wait for more expirience people.

Hello, Ive bought a mars II 1200 led panel. My tent is only 80cm x 80 cm x 160cm. I was not aware that the mars would be that heavy and big.

I started growing a plant in my garden then only after two months moved to the tent for the flowering stage. THis plant is tall already and I only managed to put it 35 cm away from the led panel. THe tent temperature is at 32 celsius maximum. After two nights of 12 hrs with led on, the upper leaves are going dry, burning at the top and the plant overall look is not that healthy. What could I do? ty

Maybe heat issue, because i have 100cm x 100cm tent with Mars 2 1200 above 30cm from canopy and the girls like it a lot without problems

Ps: can someone tell me the maximum watts/sqf can i put above my girls with Mars 2? I have 100cmx100cm tent with 1200 mars(approximately 51w/sqf right?) how much more watts/sqf can i put on it?
TIA

Bought 2 mars 1200w. i have them on lightrails. the girls are in a aeroponic system about 5 weeks old. adding 3 pic below. very low temps in the grow room 24-25 celsius.
IMAG003428.jpg
IMAG003329.jpg
IMAG003229.jpg
IMAG003229.jpg

last pic is close to harvest hps 1000w and 600w
IMAG000123.jpg

Was this an answer to my questions? Sry I didnt get it. Wide/deep?

Cooking and growing isn't the same thing. Ty for the advice. What do u wanna say with that? Too hot of a temperature? How away from the mars II should the plant be? And whats the maximung temperature I should be going for? I currently have a fan scuking air from the carbon filter to outside the tent, but dont have a cooler pullng air in.

Had I started growing it in my tent from the beggining, do u think the plant would grow taller that it should? It would reach a pick before growing too large to the point it would get too much heat?

Ty again.

You want from 70°-90° Fahrenheit or 20°-30° Celsius and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flower.

Great quality product for an affordable price. I would not have been able to purchase any led grow lights if not for Mars Hydro. :goodjob: Just please don't raise the prices.

From everything i see it seems that this is exactly the case. I wanted to buy a led for quite some time, and it seems i'll finally have the money for it in about 2 months. Thank god for their more than competitive prices! Bless you Sara! :love:

Hello everyone!

I'm getting ready to order all the equipment for my first ever grow! WooT! I am buying a 4'x2' tent and 300w old model mars hydro's. I was told that while 2 300w mars lights would work, adding a 3rd in the mix would be a huge(25-33%) yield increase. Is that a realistic increase for getting one extra light?

Also how hot would 2 or 3 old model 300w mars lights get in a 4x2' space, would a 190 CFM with filter be okay to cool that area

Hello everyone!

I'm getting ready to order all the equipment for my first ever grow! WooT! I am buying a 4'x2' tent and 300w old model mars hydro's. I was told that while 2 300w mars lights would work, adding a 3rd in the mix would be a huge(25-33%) yield increase. Is that a realistic increase for getting one extra light?

Also how hot would 2 or 3 old model 300w mars lights get in a 4x2' space, would a 190 CFM with filter be okay to cool that area

Hey Cthulhu,

Congrats on starting your first grow! Very exciting time indeed. IMO I would go with something from the Mars II series. The 900W ( 425W draw, $350 ) is an excellent choice. Plenty of success stories with that light. I might even go with one of the new sun series LED's over the mars II if you can afford the $450 price tag. Either of these lights will dominate in that 2 x 4 space you have...and even give you some upgrade room if you decide later you want a bigger tent.

About your questions. I think it's a good idea to use multiple lights...you can angle them and get more spread. Though no matter how many lights you have it's all about how many watts you have. So 600W in 1 light or split into 3 lights should give you the same temperature. If you can maximize air flow then either setup shouldn't give you trouble. You can take this one step further and throw in a C02 bag, it well allow the plants to tolerate higher temps and do wonders for your yield :thumb:.

Hey Cthulhu,

IMO I would go with something from the Mars II series. The 900W ( 425W draw, $350 ) is an excellent choice.

600W in 1 light or split into 3 lights should give you the same temperature.

My budget is pretty wonky, basically I have 2 $300 credit cards with 0% interest, so i cant actually purchase anything over $300 despite having double that in a budget, the 3 old models are, from what I've found, my best way to get 450 watt draw in LED's in a 4x2 area, I may be wrong. I really dont even have more than $309 I have budgeted out for the lights, and i have to buy those on two seperate purchases. If you have any other ideas on lights im more than open to hear them :)

Also would the additional 300w light actually produce a 25-33% yield increase from the extra light or anything even close to that figure?

Also I dont know what the heat produced by any wattage of LED, thats why i asked if that size of fan would work.

CO2 is probably way out of my price range and i need the smell to go through a filter so i cant make my tent airtight and just artificially introduce CO2 anyways

My budget is pretty wonky, basically I have 2 $300 credit cards with 0% interest, so i cant actually purchase anything over $300 despite having double that in a budget, the 3 old models are, from what I've found, my best way to get 450 watt draw in LED's in a 4x2 area, I may be wrong. I really dont even have more than $309 I have budgeted out for the lights, and i have to buy those on two seperate purchases. If you have any other ideas on lights im more than open to hear them :)

Also would the additional 300w light actually produce a 25-33% yield increase from the extra light or anything even close to that figure?

Also I dont know what the heat produced by any wattage of LED, thats why i asked if that size of fan would work.

CO2 is probably way out of my price range and i need the smell to go through a filter so i cant make my tent airtight and just artificially introduce CO2 anyways

Ahh I see, well that is one interesting budget. lol. But hey you do what ya have to. I think as far as performance per $ you'll be hard pressed to find a better deal than the Mars hydro LED's. For what it's worth, the Mars II 700W( 340W draw) is only 289.00. I would go with 2 of those.

I mean added wattage will give you a greater yield.. 2 lights better than 1 and 3 better than 2. I haven't read anywhere about anyone using 2 and then specifically getting a 25-33% increase but you CAN be sure the more light you have the better the yield.

That fan will work fine for what you have. Just try to crack the tent open to allow better airflow. More air= better. More light=better.

Also i'm not sure where you are but check your local hydro shops...most have some kind of c02 producing fungi bags for cheap. It's $30 where I am. Lastly C02 is hevaier than O2 so it will just fall to the tent floor.

Ahh I see, well that is one interesting budget. lol. But hey you do what ya have to. I think as far as performance per $ you'll be hard pressed to find a better deal than the Mars hydro LED's. For what it's worth, the Mars II 700W( 340W draw) is only 289.00. I would go with 2 of those.

I mean added wattage will give you a greater yield.. 2 lights better than 1 and 3 better than 2. I haven't read anywhere about anyone using 2 and then specifically getting a 25-33% increase but you CAN be sure the more light you have the better the yield.

That fan will work fine for what you have. Just try to crack the tent open to allow better airflow. More air= better. More light=better.

Also i'm not sure where you are but check your local hydro shops...most have some kind of c02 producing fungi bags for cheap. It's $30 where I am. Lastly C02 is hevaier than O2 so it will just fall to the tent floor.
Lol buying 2 700's would be awesome, unfortunately, i couldnt even buy seeds, let alone a tent, soil, nutes, a fan a filter, etc if i did that. Also just one would leave a whole foot of tent out of the light.

I'm not saying a specific yield boost, Im saying is that somewhere even close to realistic, is it at all realistic to think a plant that would of given 28g could now give 35g? I cant find much on peoples yield after adding an extra light so I was hoping someone actually has just added a second light with the same strain and seen a decent increase in yield, nothing specific but a decent enough increase for me to pay off the extra $100 in one grow.

I was going to open bottom flaps for passive intake as long as it will maintain a negative pressure.

I'll check for those actually, I've heard a lot on adding CO2 but I also heard its not really doing much unless you have your tent air tight so all the CO2 doesnt get pulled out the fan.

Back
Top Bottom