Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:circle-of-love: that's great, thank you, RaoulDuke. Have a happy grow with LED!:cheer:
No worries, Sara. I know you're busy out there and it's not terribly slow. I got a follow up from your colleague and we're all set. I am happy to report that my two flower chambers and the veg will be all LED, I am a total MarsHydro convert now :)

hello thedridge,

6X4 is a big area .... if you want medium/good light power for that area 4X mars2 400W will be not bad, but 3X reflector 720W will be clearly better.

if you want FULL LIGHT POWER you need more than that .... 4X mars2 700W will be perfect for full power and good light distribution in a 6X4 area.

you have 24 sqft and you need 50w/sqft for full power (or 1200W total) ... mars2 700W each draw 315w so 315X4=1260W and you are perfect. 25-30-35 watts per square foots is not enought for full power.

(6X mars2 400W is a good option too for that area ... 190WX6 = 1140W)
(2X mars2 1200W is very good too, but not as good for light distribution)

happy growing.

what mars setup do you all think would give me the best bang for my buck in say a 6'x4' area?:

2 to 3 Reflector LED Grow Light 144x5W, 4x Mars II LED Grow Light 400W, or 2x Sun Series 200x3w, or maybe a mix?

Thanks for the input! :)

Question to everyone: which light would you choose from those two - marsII 400 or reflector 96x5 and why? I am so lame in this so i really need everyones help))) :Namaste: :peacetwo:

Question to SmokeSara: do you have all those lights in stock for Europe now? I cant wait to press "buy it now" button))))) :circle-of-love:

480W reflector is little more strong than 400W mars2 in pure power ... but

if you have a square area .... mars2 is better

if you have a rectangular area .... reflector is better

Question to everyone: which light would you choose from those two - marsII 400 or reflector 96x5 and why? I am so lame in this so i really need everyones help))) :Namaste: :peacetwo:

Question to SmokeSara: do you have all those lights in stock for Europe now? I cant wait to press "buy it now" button))))) :circle-of-love:

I am going to have 2 pots in there. So even if the tent is squared, grow area would be more rectangular, than if I would have 1 plant in the middle. Hope i explain clear. My english is even worse than yours)

so reflector seem perfect for you ...

personally i better like reflector series for light distribution and veg/bloom switch ... very usefull

my advice .... go for 96X5 reflector :) ... you will have little more power, better light distribution and more control

I am going to have 2 pots in there. So even if the tent is squared, grow area would be more rectangular, than if I would have 1 plant in the middle. Hope i explain clear. My english is even worse than yours)

:thumb: thank you very much, DarkSidofMike. You are always very helpful.:thanks:
hello thedridge,

6X4 is a big area .... if you want medium/good light power for that area 4X mars2 400W will be not bad, but 3X reflector 720W will be clearly better.

if you want FULL LIGHT POWER you need more than that .... 4X mars2 700W will be perfect for full power and good light distribution in a 6X4 area.

you have 24 sqft and you need 50w/sqft for full power (or 1200W total) ... mars2 700W each draw 315w so 315X4=1260W and you are perfect. 25-30-35 watts per square foots is not enought for full power.

(6X mars2 400W is a good option too for that area ... 190WX6 = 1140W)
(2X mars2 1200W is very good too, but not as good for light distribution)

happy growing.

:circle-of-love: Hello Asiana, MarsII 400w will cover 3'x3' at the height of 2' while Reflector 96x5w is rectangular and will cover 4.4'x2.2'. Reflector has switches for veg and bloom while MarsII400w doesn't have switches. :circle-of-love:
They all have stock in Europe. Please don't hesitate to press "buy it now".:high-five:

The draw power of MarsII400w under 120v is about 180w and that of Reflector 96x5w under 120v is 210w.:Namaste:

:circle-of-love: Reflector 96x5w will be a better choice since you have rectangular grow area.:Namaste:

Yes, it will save power bill during veg for you can only turn on veg. During flower, don't forget to turn on both switches.:high-five:
:high-five: Thank you DarkSidofMike! I like the idea of veg/bloom switch too. We have expensive electricity here, so for me it should be much usefull.

:thumb: agreed.
so reflector seem perfect for you ...

personally i better like reflector series for light distribution and veg/bloom switch ... very usefull

my advice .... go for 96X5 reflector :) ... you will have little more power, better light distribution and more control

was so impressed with the mars 2 1200w I got for my main room, ive just ordered the 48x5w reflector for my clones. can not wait. just need an old and a new light to compare all of them now, maybe next month..

Yes! Let it be 96x5 then!
How fast will it arrive in France if ill order now? Does it have hangers or i need to get it separately? Will be the package discreet?
:circle-of-love: :Namaste: :thanks:

:circle-of-love: Hello Asiana, MarsII 400w will cover 3'x3' at the height of 2' while Reflector 96x5w is rectangular and will cover 4.4'x2.2'. Reflector has switches for veg and bloom while MarsII400w doesn't have switches. :circle-of-love:
They all have stock in Europe. Please don't hesitate to press "buy it now".:high-five:

I enjoyed the customer service...its clearly good.
I sold my 2 1200 mars led (600w) after the second grow...simply didn't perform and put on 2 600 hps again and happy.
Not sure what I did wrong but anyway...
Thanks for the chance of testing your product.

Back
Top Bottom