Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

6 autoflowers placed under led today(before 5 weeks TCL).

:cheer:

SAM_8140.JPG

Hi SmokeSara!!!

Thanks so much for your reply!!! The yellow lights appear to be OK. But I do have a burnt lens on my 144 x 3 I got in February of this year. The lens is brown/amber when the light is off. The diode under the burnt lens is blue and working when light is on, but the lens blocks most of its light from coming out. Can you please send me some spare parts!? Order # 100003522 (2/10/15)??? Thank you in advance for your help!!!

bit of advice needed..
I'v been running a 600watt MH/HPS in my 120x120x200 tent (4x4ft) with no problems growing 8 medium sized plants, I'm looking to move over to one of the LED lights, was hoping to save a little on the ellecy bill if possible too...
I,m torn between the MarsHydro Reflector 960w (192x5W) switchable which is 420W draw -- or the
MarsHydro 1200W (240x5watt) which is about 600W draw..

I,m leaning towards the reflector to save abit on my eleccy bill but not sure whether this would be enough for a tent my size..
Any advice appreciated to which of theme 2 lights would best suit my setup and replace my 600W hps..

thanks...

Hi SmokeSara!!!

Thanks so much for your reply!!! The yellow lights appear to be OK. But I do have a burnt lens on my 144 x 3 I got in February of this year. The lens is brown/amber when the light is off. The diode under the burnt lens is blue and working when light is on, but the lens blocks most of its light from coming out. Can you please send me some spare parts!? Order # 100003522 (2/10/15)??? Thank you in advance for your help!!!
Hi Moto, thanks for the reply, can you send me an email with the pic? So we will know which spectrum led we should sent to you. :)
:thanks:

Mars II 1200w light :circle-of-love: Though the wattage is higher than reflector 192x5w, but you won't need that much electricity on other cooling system :thumb:
bit of advice needed..
I'v been running a 600watt MH/HPS in my 120x120x200 tent (4x4ft) with no problems growing 8 medium sized plants, I'm looking to move over to one of the LED lights, was hoping to save a little on the ellecy bill if possible too...
I,m torn between the MarsHydro Reflector 960w (192x5W) switchable which is 420W draw -- or the

I,m leaning towards the reflector to save abit on my eleccy bill but not sure whether this would be enough for a tent my size..
Any advice appreciated to which of theme 2 lights would best suit my setup and replace my 600W hps..

thanks...

This plant has really gone crazy on me. I cant get over how much growth in one week, and she just keeps growing, I love her so much! :love: :laugh: I love the size of her too, the bushy type plant.

Sugar Black Rose Auto under Mars II 400w.
100_30824.JPG

100_30834.JPG

100_30844.JPG

Sara here's your Cannafudge I made for you :morenutes: Be careful its extremely strong!
100_30866.JPG

bit of advice needed..

thanks...

I use a 4'x4' tent and have a Mars II 1200w. The light fits the tent perfectly, I am sure you would also be happy with either, but I like the simplicity of the Mars II. I find in the middle of winter in an unheated room, it will keep the temperature at between 20 - 28 degrees celcius with just one intake and one outlet of the tent open about 50% of the way. Convection carries the hot air out of the tent and pulls the cool air in. And I run a small clip on fan directed at the light just to make sure it is getting that little bit of extra cooling, which has the added benefit of circulating air around the tent as well. I haven't trialled mine in warmer weather yet, but expect to have to switch my extraction fan on, which is hooked up and ready to go.

haha :cheesygrinsmiley: we all love it, lol :circle-of-love:
This plant has really gone crazy on me. I cant get over how much growth in one week, and she just keeps growing, I love her so much! :love: :laugh: I love the size of her too, the bushy type plant.

Sugar Black Rose Auto under Mars II 400w.
100_30824.JPG

100_30834.JPG

100_30844.JPG

Sara here's your Cannafudge I made for you :morenutes: Be careful its extremely strong!
100_30866.JPG
Really? They seems very sweet to me, I can eat them all :lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:

good advice apeshot, :thumb: In winter the temperature is lower, while in warm summer, you might need stronger fans, lol :circle-of-love::thumb:
I use a 4'x4' tent and have a Mars II 1200w. The light fits the tent perfectly, I am sure you would also be happy with either, but I like the simplicity of the Mars II. I find in the middle of winter in an unheated room, it will keep the temperature at between 20 - 28 degrees celcius with just one intake and one outlet of the tent open about 50% of the way. Convection carries the hot air out of the tent and pulls the cool air in. And I run a small clip on fan directed at the light just to make sure it is getting that little bit of extra cooling, which has the added benefit of circulating air around the tent as well. I haven't trialled mine in warmer weather yet, but expect to have to switch my extraction fan on, which is hooked up and ready to go.

You are right Randy, I am sure I will go to US for the cups very soon, haha, cannot wait. :volcano-smiley: I will let you guys know, so maybe we can meet each other, haha :cheesygrinsmiley:
Well Sara Costco sells grow equipment, get your boss to send you and your crew over for a Road Show then you can have a company paid holiday,vacation,business,sales trip and meet all the people here

Someone posted here that after replacing their power supply they took it apart and found a bad solder connection. They repaired it and now have a spare. Not real sure but may have been Gnarl E Green, would be helpful to see a video of the inside of a power supply. Maybe Gnarl? or Sara can provide one for us? Might be helpful to have a trouble shooting site on MarsHydro site with these videos and a place to order parts also.
I have a few pictures of the driver inside my Reflector 48x3 made in Q1 of 2015:

m-h_7.jpg

mhd.jpg

It is a simple 50W / 600 mA Constant Current source implemented using the ST L6562 PFC Controller.

I'm guessing it's based on this ST UM0670 offline LED Driver:

c1e64f947164daf263b24f3a12cff35d.gif

Here are some of the parts featured on my m-h driver:

Electrolytic caps:
BERYL 68uF 200V
BERYL 22uF 200V
BERYL 22uF 50V x 2

Filter caps:
STE X2 104K
STE MOV 471K
SRDKJ.com 474J400V

Actives:
ST L6562A
Silan F-Cell SVF12N65F

Fuse: Glass tube, 3.15A

I'm not surprised that some of these fail, because of the cheap capacitors that are being used. The PCB and soldering quality are Ok though. One could however replace the capacitors preemptively, to extend the life of the driver.

Back
Top Bottom