Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:laugh:so far so good, keep doing better. :thumb:
Hi Flexy, Lol I already reprogrammed the remote for Sunrise and Sunset.
I thought maybe 4 hours to full 100% was too long & 4 hours to 0% for Sunset.
I did it in the beginning every 20 minutes but now I did it every 10 minutes. First hour was just the Reds increasing, then the second hour the Blue/Whites started increasing, so at the end of 2 1/2 hours later with every light at 100%. Now it is about 2 1/2 hours for a Sunrise, With 11 hours at 100%, then 2 1/2 hours for a Sunset for a total of 16 hours. Then 8 hours of darkness, it's scary here in the dark. Lol. I even have my bed in here now... Not Really.

:cheesygrinsmiley: cloud cover... it seems a lot fun to play with the controller.:goof:
You can also put in cloud cover around midday to afternoon, by just varying your light intensity down and up by a little bit, both channels. I put in around a 15-20% drop that varies like 10 minutes down by 20% ,then up by 5% for the next 10 and then full power for 20 minutes and so forth , just playing around with simulated cloud cover , which really would just be less intensity for a few minutes at a time , another way to save money and the plants don't know any different...

:dreamy: and make it sing a song to the plants by remote control...
Maybe you should make them circle around the room by remote control :volcano-smiley:

:thumb:sounds amazing!
I could do that. A couple of small cars with micro servos and a small brushless motor and I could have them zipping laps around the tent!!!! :peace:

:cheer::cheer: Congrats, PeeJay!!!:cheer::cheer: I am so happy you win it!:party: Happy growing with the lights!:thanks:
Just popping in to say a BIG thank you to Sara, Lucy, and all the folks at Mars Hydro. I received the Mars II 1200 from October's POTM yesterday. It was the first prize to show up (no surprise - Mars Hydro is always fast!)

20151110_142800.jpg

It will be put to good use!

01tent.jpg

20150825_084615.jpg

The Cheese that won, on the left in the first picture, was flowered under Mars Hydro 148x5w, Old Style 60x5w, and a 128x3 that has been doing it's business like a champ for three years. I'll be lighting the 4x4 flower tent with the Mars II 1200 and the 144x5w moving forward. The two smaller lights will shine in a 2x4 veg tent.

Great company, great service, solid value. :thanks:

Not seen this covered and im sorry if it has! Just dont want to waste money.

Will 2 of the 240w (48x5) reflector panels cover a 0.8m x 0.8m space? Or is there a better option?

Does anyone know the true footprint of 1 of these lights? Ive read 50cmx50cm. But how can this be true with a rectangular design? (6 LEDs down the side x 8 LEDs for the length)

:circle-of-love:My dearest friend, Reflector192 has been out of stock in US. The new stock will come soon. :cheer: Here is good news! More stock arrives in New Jersy. :Namaste:
MarsII1600w 120pcs
MarsII1200w 120pcs
MarsII900w 120pcs
MarsII700w 100pcs
MarsII400w 120pcs
Reflector144 80pcs
Reflector96 250pcs
Reflector48 120pcs
They will help you to get throught the winter. Keep warm.:party:

:circle-of-love: Hi TwoLips, welcome to this thread.:cheer: Reflector48 will cover 50cmx50cm... it's a little rectangular, but not that much. 2pcs Reflector48 will cover 60cmx90cm. :love: Why not consider MarsII700w? It's square and will cover 92cmx92cm. :high-five:
Not seen this covered and im sorry if it has! Just dont want to waste money.

Will 2 of the 240w (48x5) reflector panels cover a 0.8m x 0.8m space? Or is there a better option?

Does anyone know the true footprint of 1 of these lights? Ive read 50cmx50cm. But how can this be true with a rectangular design? (6 LEDs down the side x 8 LEDs for the length)

:circle-of-love: Hi TwoLips, welcome to this thread.:cheer: Reflector48 will cover 50cmx50cm... it's a little rectangular, but not that much. 2pcs Reflector48 willl cover 60cmx90cm. :love: Why not consider MarsII700w? It's square and will cover 92cmx92cm. :high-five:
Hi Sara, and thank you. I'm glad to be here :D
The true watt draw of that panel is around 330w. I currently scrog with a 250hps.
The true draw of the hps and ballast to run it works out around the same as the Mars II 700w. (Maybe the LED pulls a bit more) So switching to led to save costs would end up costing me more D:

2, 240w would save around 90-100 total watts.

leaning towards a Mars II 400W now.. Hmm

Just got word that replacement parts shipped out , MarsHydro has great customer support as far as I have been involved, never had a problem , just shipped parts to me ,no charge :) Thank you Sara and Tina .

Can anyone recommend a light setup for my first grow? I'm using a cabinet 2' deep x 4' wide x 6' tall. I plan to have up to 3, possibly 4 medium plants in there. I will be veging in the same area. I will only have 1 cabinet and there's not enough room for a veg section.

I was considering using 2 of the 96x5 reflector units. Will this be more than adequate for this area or is there a better option? Will I still need side lighting?

I'm not overly worried about the price, I just want the best option for this space with plenty of coverage and powerful light. Don't want to have to upgrade later. I definitely want 2 units in case one fails and I have to get a replacement.

Thanks

:circle-of-love: I get it. If 250HPS will do your grow area, you can consider about MarsII400w. Better to go square.:thumb:
Hi Sara, and thank you. I'm glad to be here :D
The true watt draw of that panel is around 330w. I currently scrog with a 250hps.
The true draw of the hps and ballast to run it works out around the same as the Mars II 700w. (Maybe the LED pulls a bit more) So switching to led to save costs would end up costing me more D:

2, 240w would save around 90-100 total watts.

leaning towards a Mars II 400W now.. Hmm

:thanks: thank you, flyboy. The light purchased before still enjoys our old warranty.:cheesygrinsmiley:
Just got word that replacement parts shipped out , MarsHydro has great customer support as far as I have been involved, never had a problem , just shipped parts to me ,no charge :) Thank you Sara and Tina .

I remember I did that too before I bought mine (don't remember whether it was the German marshydro or the UK one, but didn't get a reply to my suggestion). I simply bought them afterwards and cancelled my suggestion as far as I remember. But maybe Sara hears you and you get a response. Much luck!

Thanks Again :) I got lucky !! She got in Contact with me ! Very Good Service !!

:welcome:Welcome, Anon. Our Reflector144 actually has the same coverage as 4'x2'. 2pcs Reflector96 will also cover the area and give you a peace of mind. :cheesygrinsmiley: 2pcs Reflector96 will be enough.
Can anyone recommend a light setup for my first grow? I'm using a cabinet 2' deep x 4' wide x 6' tall. I plan to have up to 3, possibly 4 medium plants in there. I will be veging in the same area. I will only have 1 cabinet and there's not enough room for a veg section.

I was considering using 2 of the 96x5 reflector units. Will this be more than adequate for this area or is there a better option? Will I still need side lighting?

I'm not overly worried about the price, I just want the best option for this space with plenty of coverage and powerful light. Don't want to have to upgrade later. I definitely want 2 units in case one fails and I have to get a replacement.

Thanks

I finally got the Mars Pro Epistar 160 LED to start working properly. i didnt do anything to special to fix it just set the timer and intensitys over again so im thinking it was user error lmao whatever it is im glad its working w/o problems and will be upping the intenseity for pre flower as the Dark Dragon plants i have under them are starting to show sex and will be placed into there final pots under the SCROG net and some cuttings taken for clones in case i find a keeper pheno. join my tester grow in my signature to follow along :thanks:

Well it has been about 3 weeks since I have installed my (3) MarsPro Cree128 Led Lights and testing them in a 16/8 Light Cycle every day.
It looks like all the Leds are still working and have not burned out.
Whew... Glad Ruby in China tested them for about 2 weeks and replaced the bad Leds as they went out with the newer updated ones.
So far I am still smiling... :)

Thanks

I would put two lights in that space, either 2 of the Reflector 96 or two of the Mars II 400s. Personally I would go with the reflectors, save a little cash and have a little more light.

Back
Top Bottom