Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I'm definitely leaning towards the pro series but after reading a lot on this thread it seemed the reflector series has been working very well in some grows. Do you know the difference between Epistar and Cree? I briefly tried searching for a comparison of the two but wasn't really able to find any conclusive results besides for the fact that Cree is made in the USA.

I'm definitely leaning towards the pro series but after reading a lot on this thread it seemed the reflector series has been working very well in some grows. Do you know the difference between Epistar and Cree? I briefly tried searching for a comparison of the two but wasn't really able to find any conclusive results besides for the fact that Cree is made in the USA.

it is hard to find alot of info on epistar leds online but it is well know that the watt to lumen/intensity output is greater so youll get a higher PAR/LUX output with less power consumption with the CREE diodes

The Cree have a higher par output per watt than the epistar... So more bang for your buck. We hope to purchase a Cree 256 in the month.
If one can afford the Cree , get it :)

Thanks a lot for the information and fast replies. So you guys would say that 2 Cree's is enough light to cover a 4 x 8 using a scrog grow? Maybe I'll get one of each and give them a side by side comparison. They both seem to be really good lights. It will probably be about 3 months before I can get this fully set up and ready to go but I will come back and make a grow journal on here.

Thanks a lot for the information and fast replies. So you guys would say that 2 Cree's is enough light to cover a 4 x 8 using a scrog grow? Maybe I'll get one of each and give them a side by side comparison. They both seem to be really good lights. It will probably be about 3 months before I can get this fully set up and ready to go but I will come back and make a grow journal on here.

i would love to see a side by side comarison of the lights, i am currently doing a grow under the Pro Epistar 160 panel and it is covering my 2x4 area perfectly. i think that you will be pleased either way but CREE would be best :Namaste:

:thumb: haha, ganjazz, you are a good grower. You have amazed the light!:)
Autoflowers under reflector 150w and 300w :cheer:

The small reflector is realy great for its size, keeps amaze me :Namaste:
SAM_048710.JPG
SAM_04889.JPG
SAM_05146.JPG

:smokin:
SAM_05204.JPG
SAM_05254.JPG

:passitleft:

Finally got 2 of the seeds i popped to show sex so here is a few pics of the remaining plants and the 2 that i will use for the SCROG under the new Mars Pro Epistar 160LED. Follow my current Dark Dragon journal if you would like to see how the light performs :volcano-smiley:

IMG_150621.JPG
IMG_150831.JPG
IMG_150922.JPG
IMG_151125.JPG

:welcome: welcome, kryq7ik, thanks for choosing us.:Namaste: For bigger grow area, MarsII is better. In regards to 4'x8' tent, 2pcs MarsII1600w or 2pcs Epistar320 will be fit. :cheesygrinsmiley: MarsII1600w and Epistar320 is close in draw watt. However, Mars Pro Epistar320 has remote controller. So far, here some growers have a lot fun with the remote control function. You can mimic the sunrise and sunset by customizing the ratio between red and blue. :tokin: Please note, you can only control two lights with one remote controller together not seperately. :hug: In addition, Mars Pro Epistar320 blends the spectrum better than MarsII as the cob design mixes different spectrum together. :high-five: Haha, it seems I lean more towards Mars Pro Epistar320... :circle-of-love:
Hey everyone I'm new to this forum and have a question about Mars and what people here would recommend. I am constructing a new grow set up using a 4' x 8' gorilla tent for a flower room. I plan to set up a Aeroponic / NFT system which will house 16 plants. I have done a lot of reading on this thread and others about different LED's and have decided to go with Mars. However this is where I'm torn.

Money is not a limiting factor here and I want the strongest lighting I can get with the best coverage. So my question is for people who have used these lights before. I'm thinking I'll end up wanting 3 individual lamps. Also keep in mind these lights will be used for flowering only as I have a separate tent set up for the veg stage. Do I go with the Mars2 1600's or the MarsPro Epistar320's or the Reflector series?

Haha, I know you will recommend Mars Pro.:cheesygrinsmiley:
I say go with the epistar 320 , we use one and have another on the way , great coverage for 4x4 . If money is no object , get the cree 256 instead , 2 of either would work nicely

:circle-of-love: yes, I have seen that our Reflector series have achieved great result although it is small.:hug: Compared to Epistar, Cree will produce less heat, run longer and be brighter. The lumen output of Cree is higher. :circle-of-love:

:circle-of-love: 2pcs Cree256 will definitely do the space. I am super looking forward to the comparision test between Epistar and Cree. I will wait for you back. :thumb:

Thank you, brian. Pm sent.:Namaste:
i would love to see a side by side comarison of the lights, i am currently doing a grow under the Pro Epistar 160 panel and it is covering my 2x4 area perfectly. i think that you will be pleased either way but CREE would be best :Namaste:

Guys, can you please recommend CFM inline fan for the
Mars Hydro growtent 3' 3'' x3' 3'' x5' 11''(39''x39''x71'')

Does it makes any diffrence if i go with 4" or 6"?

Thanks

Thanks

For starters, FORGET ALL THE MANUFACTURERS SPECS. Independent testing showed most manufacturer's claims don't even begin to match reality.

There are two brands of inline fan worth anything. Forget the rest.

They are the Systemair RVK L range and the Phresh Hyper Fan range.

Phresh are balls-to-the-wall brilliant engineering and slightly more economical to run, and they come with a built-in speed adjuster, but they do cost a little bit more. They are American.

Systemair are an industrial standard, not just with growers, they make a massive range of stuff for professional construction, weed growers just use their stuff because they're so good. They also need a separate fan adjuster, but you can get cheap plug-in ones. They are based in Germany.

As such if you are American get a Phresh Hyper Fan 6".

If you are in Europe get a Systemair RVK L 6". (Definitely get the L over the weaker A model).

You always want the biggest fan you can get but with a speed reducer, you reduce the fan to a speed that works for you and you are guaranteed it will be quieter than a small fan running faster. Plus if you ever run into temp/RH problems in the future all you have to do is dial your fan up.

Thanks

I have a small 4 inch duct fan for my 2x4x5 tent and seems to work great as long as my room temps are around 75 but if you have a carbon filter or higher room temps then you'll need something more powerful. my advice is go with a 6 inch inline fan and a speed controller and you will be ready in case you upgrade or add another tent. and i know ventech is a good cheap option on ebay :Namaste:

For starters, FORGET ALL THE MANUFACTURERS SPECS. Independent testing showed most manufacturer's claims don't even begin to match reality.

There are two brands of inline fan worth anything. Forget the rest.

They are the Systemair RVK L range and the Phresh Hyper Fan range.

Phresh are balls-to-the-wall brilliant engineering and slightly more economical to run, and they come with a built-in speed adjuster, but they do cost a little bit more. They are American.

Systemair are an industrial standard, not just with growers, they make a massive range of stuff for professional construction, weed growers just use their stuff because they're so good. They also need a separate fan adjuster, but you can get cheap plug-in ones. They are based in Germany.

As such if you are American get a Phresh Hyper Fan 6".

If you are in Europe get a Systemair RVK L 6". (Definitely get the L over the weaker A model).

You always want the biggest fan you can get but with a speed reducer, you reduce the fan to a speed that works for you and you are guaranteed it will be quieter than a small fan running faster. Plus if you ever run into temp/RH problems in the future all you have to do is dial your fan up.

Why should we forget Can Fan? Or Blauberg? Both German made - I run two Can Fans and they are quality units.

weekly update on the dark dragon from kingdom organic seeds under the new mars pro series epistar 160LED and the thunderhaze autos from genofarm seeds under marshydro LED as well

Back
Top Bottom