Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

What are you and Mars Hydro thinking about the future Vera?

I observe that more people are going away from the blurple and use COB instead. So I wonder if COB is the next mainstream thing after blurple?

What's next? What comes after COB? Will the evolution of the technology eventually slow down or will we continue to see more efficient technologies come and go for many years to come?

Ps! I would love to hear everyone's thoughts about this. It's very exciting times we live in.

We are expecting new products will come and become mainstream thing. Usually we upgrade and produce products as customers' feedback and the progress of technology.We must deal with heat radiation problem of COB. Cree chips have a good heat radiation, so we use it in our COB. But for customers who want cheaper products, other cheaper led lights such as Reflector and MarsII series price will be more acceptable than COB. We try to produce different lights as different demands of growers.

Week 8 tomorrow .
420-magazine-mobile666540240.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1642443077.jpg

Wow, :thumb::thumb:your flower is very beautiful.

I kinda hope blurple sticks around. I like it. I also like how the blurple make the plant and roots look. Im hoping they don't run out of the mars ll 900 before i get some cash because i want to get another one as a backup. My girl absolutely loves it. Shes 3 foot tall and 4 foot wide now. She completely fills my tent.Her roots completely fill my 32 gallon tote now also. Shes been on 12/12 for 2 1/2 weeks now so i just moved her to 13/11.

IMG_20171011_062959149_HDR.jpg
IMG_20171011_063010095.jpg
IMG_20171011_063131702.jpg
IMG_20171011_063136139.jpg

The tents seems 2'x4',right?If you want a light as a backup, you only need a small light.

420 friends told me they would like to see our lights at their local store in Finland and buy with cash, so we contacted with local store to help them in Scandianavia and Baltic area. Hope it can bring them much convenience. The following pictures are from Jyväskylä shop. Owner: Mr Jarno Salmi ; Email:yapi@nordic420.com - Tel. +358449767128

store_in_finlan.jpg
144-2.jpg
144-1.jpg

Hey Sara how are you?!? Well i hope!!!. just dropping by to post some progress on a current grow. Using a Amaretech SE500 uvb with a Mars 96 as supplement for lower flowers. The link to the grow is in my sig. it wasnt a total journal i made it once i went into flower. Enjoy. Not the best photos but hey.:420: wr are week 5 day 5. will update the grow journal soon.
20171011_201938.jpg
20171011_202028.jpg
20171011_202039.jpg
20171011_202101.jpg

Hey Sara how are you?!? Well i hope!!!. just dropping by to post some progress on a current grow. Using a Amaretech SE500 uvb with a Mars 96 as supplement for lower flowers. The link to the grow is in my sig. it wasnt a total journal i made it once i went into flower. Enjoy. Not the best photos but hey.:420: wr are week 5 day 5. will update the grow journal soon.
20171011_201938.jpg
20171011_202028.jpg
20171011_202039.jpg
20171011_202101.jpg

Hi TheDarkTriad, I am fine, thanks for asking. How about you?
Using small leds as supplement is a good choice, thanks for sharing your experience here.We expect more pictures from you.

Hey guys, can you check out my current grow journal. Im 13 days in to my grow of Auto Mazar & Auto Dark Devil.

Hi WCJ11, could you send us the link of your grow journal? We would like to read it. Thanks.

What model and wattage?
Thank you so much
He would prefer power draw to be near 150 watts as possible and would like to have more bang for the same amount of wattage.
He definitely wants something that is more powerful than the 150 HPS. Up to 200 watt draw is desired. Minimal of 150.

They only have one cob model. It draws 100 watt. Perform around 200 watt. Is completely silent, doesn't run hot

It's the perfect stealth lamp

And this will be ok from seedling to bud? Looking into this MarsHydro Mars 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum ETL Certification Lighting for Hydroponic Indoor Greenhouse Garden Plants Growing - MarsHydro Mars 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Consuming only 132watt±10% while replace typical 150W hps or HID grow lights

after 6 years of using a sunsystem 150 watt , my Invisible friend need something cooler, brighter, and more powerful. Because it is a stealth grow, max space is only 2x2 i would say.

plus upgrading to LED is awesome, Looking for recommendations.

The tents seems 2'x4',right?If you want a light as a backup, you only need a small light.

No my tent is 4×4 which is why im so impressed with this mars ll 900. My girl literally touches all 4 walls is actually growing up 2 walls Because she has bushed out so much and even the base of her looks healthy and seems like she is getting plenty of light. I have never trimmed her. I have never topped her. The only cutting she got was when my buddy took a couple clones off her. We are actually doing comparisons now since he has clones from this same plant. Hydro 900 watt led vs. dirt 1000 watt hps.

They only have one cob model. It draws 100 watt. Perform around 200 watt. Is completely silent, doesn't run hot

It's the perfect stealth lamp

This is for you or anyone else on this insanely long thread.
Question 1
do you think this is a clone or authentic mars product? MarsHydro 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Hydroponic Indoor Plants Growing Veg and Flower
and would it work
Question 2
Would this work better than both the COB and /\ that one?
Marshydro Reflector 240W LED Grow Light with Full Spectrum for Hydroponic Indoor Garden and Greenhouse Veg and Bloom Switches Added
He would like to spend less than 150
Question 3, should my invisible friend just go for it at get the 600 watt rated MarsHydro Mars 600W Led Grow Light Full Spectrum ETL Certificate for Hydroponic Indoor Plants Growing almost 1000 par around entire 2x2 area. he's still learning led and par and moles and all that too.

I personally wouldn't spend money on such a old product. It's been out of production for a long time

They're not the most stealthy either due to the fans. Check out the official mars hydro page. There you will find a little newer models

The reflector is still in production. The second link you posted

I do not know if the cob can beat the reflector or not. It's too new. No one used it through an entire cycle yet.

But from the results from similar COB builds out there i would guess the two will perform the same.

What do other reflector users think? You think it can be outperformed by the COB?

fan noise isnt too much of an issue, just very small space and can't have heat buildup , the 150 watt sunsystem barely was ok in it due to heat . as long as it's half as cool as that, even a 600 watt *rated* LED light should work. anything over 150 watt hps hid is too hot. at least in hotter months. Been looking at Mar's webpage and checking the things out. Mars Pro II Epistar 80 also looks good at 160 watts draw. similar to 150 sunsystem.
Marshydro Reflector 480W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum ETL Certificate for Hydroponic Indoor Garden and Greenhouse Veg and Bloom do you love the mars reflector 96? Might bite the bullet and get it if everyone loves it. 2x2 square feet with more light than 150 watt hps is what is needed.

Back
Top Bottom