Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Also Sara I could have him email ya but he doesn't have the money and was talking cheep ebay leds that will just have him fail that's why I'm going to set him up. Wife gave me permission to buy him the tent but when he started talking crappie lights I just knew what I needed to do

I'd also be curious about the Christmas promotion on the reflector 192, pls let us know what the boss says! :thanks:

I am curious too, we will recaculate price, check stock, design promotion picture...will inform you further information asap.

He would like to start soon but if the discount is good I can talk him out of it as I am footing the bill. We did talk that in my 4x4 tent I could start vegging some plants for him and he could just be set up to flower. That gets me 4-6 weeks.
And thanks Sara for the quick response. I might just buy him a tent and give him my Mars 11 1200 watt and go buy me something else.

You really help your friend a lot. MarsII 1200 can cover 4'x4' well, powerful enough for his plants. Expecting good growing news from your friend.

Also Sara I could have him email ya but he doesn't have the money and was talking cheep ebay leds that will just have him fail that's why I'm going to set him up. Wife gave me permission to buy him the tent but when he started talking crappie lights I just knew what I needed to do

It is very kind of you and your wife.:circle-of-love: A quality light and tent can help your friend harvest more, it will also help your friend save money in the long run.

I cannot believe how powerful the Reflector 96 is. It is more than 2 times as powerful as the 150 watt HPS that ran almost 90 degrees vs 77 with LED. SO GOOD. Recommending to EVERYONE. I think the Reflector 96 would be equal to 300+ HPS watt. The 250 watt HPS comparason seems low as to not lie like other companies and say a 100 watt draw light is 600 watt equivilant.

I highly recommend the reflector 96 for 2x2 space!

Mars ECO series uploaded to our official website, click this link to see detailed information:Mars , Led grow light , Mars Hydro

eco98.jpg
eco49.jpg

I cannot believe how powerful the Reflector 96 is. It is more than 2 times as powerful as the 150 watt HPS that ran almost 90 degrees vs 77 with LED. SO GOOD. Recommending to EVERYONE. I think the Reflector 96 would be equal to 300+ HPS watt. The 250 watt HPS comparason seems low as to not lie like other companies and say a 100 watt draw light is 600 watt equivilant.

usually, when we use leds to replace HPS, it can save 50--100W.For eaxmple, reflectro 96, draw power is 220W, then it can replace 270W--320W HPS. If any brand say their leds 100W can replace 200W, 250W...or eben more, I think it is a lie.

If use reflector 96 in 2'x2' grow size, about 55W/sf, very powerful. if use it in 2'x3' grow size, 37W/ sf. 35--50W/sf can work for bloom stage.:allgood:

Only problem is I will probably be replacing it with another sponsors light that I like. My friend isn't deserving enough for that light but I am

Your friend must be proud of having a good friend like you:thumb:

My plants absolutely love their Mars-Hydro Reflector 96. Great light!

@SmokeSara

How do you think a Eco 48 will compare to a pro II epistar 80? They're both listed as 200 watt compared to HPS

What is the biggest difference between them? Will they both grow identical plants?

My plants absolutely love their Mars-Hydro Reflector 96. Great light!

Great to know that. Reflector series is the most competitive series.

@SmokeSara

How do you think a Eco 48 will compare to a pro II epistar 80? They're both listed as 200 watt compared to HPS

What is the biggest difference between them? Will they both grow identical plants?

The two lights can grow identical plants. ECO 49 is about 100W, proII 80 is about 180W. ProII 80 is much powerful. I think proII 80 can help you harvest more than ECO49.But led entry users will prefer ECO series, do you think so?

suggestion for some rules

Germination of seeds/rooting of clones- January 1

This because last year there was a lot of complaint that some people were allowed to start earlier. Instead the contest could last longer so everyone gets a chance to finish.

So seeds must start to germinate January 1 2018
Clones must be taken January 1 2018

Only people with Mars Hydro lamps can participate

Contestant must create a dedicated grow-journal for this contest (Last time there was a lot of weird entries)

prize categories

Best journal
Best Photo
Best Video

The winners of these categories should be decided by votes here on 420 magazine. Spread is not a valid quality measure for best photo. Best photo should win best photo, not the person who has most friends on Instagram :) Spread only tells you have many friends and that you grow in a legal country/state. Best photo should win best photo and best video should win best video.

I also suggest Mars-Hydro publish the videos and we send them to you - That way everyone can participate, not only those in legal countries/states. If you upload them we get to preserve our anonymity. Just like you did with my video a while back.

Grams per watt? - I don't know about this one - How to prove it - Last year it was impossible to pick a winner here, so perhaps leave it out this year? Last year proved we can't trust that everyone have good intentions.

Prizes

Every winner get

4x Mars COB
1x 4x4 Mars Hydro tent
2x Yoyo hangers

:)

That was my suggestions - what do you think folks?

Another category

Fastest finisher?

LOL :) I would have won that one last year. I finished weeks before everyone else.

If it were not so problematic to prove grams per watt - How to measure it in the first place? Watts pulled from the wall or watts compared to HPS? I don't know what's right.

What would be fun would of course to try to win both grams per watt and fastest finisher category with one grow :) Then we're talking 12/12 from seed, 100 something plants in a 4x4 and a big yielding fast finishing strain.

Oh - Since this also should be beneficial to Mars-Hydro as an advertising campaign, you should have certain demand on the photo's and video's like that the lamps have to show in them and stuff like that. You should also preserve the right to use the photo's and videos to advertise your products. Things like this works best if they are win/win for both parts :)

you could also have best spreader as a own category. But not connected to best photo or best video.

I can't remember all the categories from last year, but there was a couple problematic ones it would be smart to avoid this year :)

Come on folks! What do you want to compete in and for?

Back
Top Bottom