Mars II supplementation

steppedinds

Getting ready to finish my first Mars II 1200 grow and I'm noticing the lack of trichomes others have mentioned when comparing the plants under my mars vs plants right next to them under some COBs. i thought the ones under the cobs were a different/lighter color, but a friend pointed out earlier that they actually have twice as many trichomes. What is this light missing? Extra UV? Infared?

if its anything to do with the lights it sounds to me like it would be the Intensity.

I have not noticed many people with your problem , it may be from another issue ?

Its easy to misidentify a problem or lay blame where one thinks it belongs.

With that said try lowering the panel to 12 inches.
If your at 12 inches now I think you should flush the girl out as something certainly sounds wrong.

If the plants are from seed I think you'll never know what the problem was ,But if they are clones you know its not strain related , that leaves the light or over watering or nutrient problems or whatnot

I keep the panels no higher then 16 inches for grow and 12 inches for flower.

10 weeks old , two weeks in flower mode last week they got a 90% defoliation treatment

9_weeks_vertical_panels_after_defoliyion_002.JPG

if its anything to do with the lights it sounds to me like it would be the Intensity.

I have not noticed many people with your problem , it may be from another issue ?

Its easy to misidentify a problem or lay blame where one thinks it belongs.
It could be that I read it somewhere, I expected it, and now it is affecting my judgement. I don't think it's intensity though. I have a handheld photometer and the lux is much higher towards the center. also i can visually see that the light is stronger under the mars ii. the mars definitely puts out more light, but after others reporting similar problems i just assumed that a missing spectrum was the key. i also read somewhere earlier that even though trich production is lowered, thc levels are still normal in the bud itself....but..still want to have that nice frosty look. i really don't know what it could be other than the different lights they were under

Getting ready to finish my first Mars II 1200 grow and I'm noticing the lack of trichomes others have mentioned when comparing the plants under my mars vs plants right next to them under some COBs. i thought the ones under the cobs were a different/lighter color, but a friend pointed out earlier that they actually have twice as many trichomes. What is this light missing? Extra UV? Infared?

were you using diy cree cobs?

Back
Top Bottom