Mazar Skunk, Nevilles Haze, Blue Cheese, Purple, and Afghan First Grow

I think your fine dude, those are pre flowers. I had the same freak out session with mine. Unless they are of the auto flower variety, you are all good and theres no need to worry, let one of the experts confirm that but I'd bet cash that I dont have that your plants arent in flower.

Auto flowers flower no matter what the light schedule, its pre programmed in their genetics. Unless you picked an auto flower those are pre flowers and means your plants are just about mature.

As far as switching over to 12/12, I am at about the same point you guys are with the mazar with 3-4 of mine except I'm on a screwed up time table due to my stress issues and mine have been vegging a little longer I think, but close. But instead of sending mine into flower I am going to clone the snot out of mine first. I dont know how much bigger your grow space is but you have the plants setup perfectly for motherhood, they are in bigger than needed buckets so you have plenty of room to grow them in veg for a while longer, 30 days or so I'd guess, another thing for the experts to confirm.

You could take some clones from the mazar, let the others catch up and let the mazar repair herself, then switch them over. I think you would have an awesome harvest after that. I think you'd be pleased already but if you put in another month of veg with the mothers and clones you'd have a harvest twice the size. But proper space is required so take a minute and lay it out a little.

The reason I am going to clone is that it takes sooooo long to go from germ to breaking up buds and smoking them, so now that I have mine just about mature, I'm going to veg them for another couple weeks, take clones from the better ones, I'm hoping for 50 clones (praying is more like it but I dont see why 4 good sized mother plants cant put out that many), then once my second batch of plants (the other 4 mothers) are mature and ready to be cloned, I'll be able to take another batch of clones. By that time the first batch of clones should be huge and the second will be good enough, also by that time my mothers that I dont plant to keep should have repaired themselves enough to go to flower.

The main thing aside from harvest size that this buys me, is more time in veg. It gives me time to save for that 1000 or 600watter x2 and all the odor control filters etc.... that I need.

A few that I thought went into flower:

IMAG0559_-_Copy.jpg
IMAG0505_-_Copy.jpg
IMAG0447_-_Copy_1280x768_.jpg

sure looks like flowers to me :goodluck:

Ok so it definitely is flowering. This was one of the seeds we got for free with our order so i never bothered to read the description on them. I guess this is Afghan ryder which is afghan X lowryder so its an autoflowering plant. so... should we leave it under 24/0 or is it still better to flower an autoflowering plant under 12/12?

We decided to plant our other afghan seedling in a hempy bucket since we heard great things bout them. 2 of it's leaves started yellowing. Probably because we left it in the jiffy pot too long but were hoping it survives
IMG_14562.jpg

We also got a new 150 watt LED. It's 50X3W LEDs
IMG_14595.jpg

We took 3 clones too. 2 from the Mazar and one from nevilles. We made our own humidity dome. A couple hours afrer we took them, they were really weak and almost laying down on the soil but now they seem pretty strong. Does this mean they've rooted? its only been like 2 days
IMG_14615.jpg

IMG_14625.jpg

Here are all the plants at exactly 4 weeks/28 days from germination
Mazar
IMG_14666.jpg

Nevilles
IMG_14675.jpg

Blue cheese - making a really nice comeback after getting burned by the CFL
IMG_14692.jpg

Afghan Ryder
IMG_14685.jpg

Purple
IMG_14655.jpg

all of them
IMG_14705.jpg
IMG_14634.jpg

You'd want to flower autoflowers in light periods of 18/6 or 20/4 or 24/0. The rest of them need to be flowered in 12/12.

Also, as for hempy goes, i dont think your doing it right by popping a baby into a huge bucket. I think you should check out ItsChrome's grow. he does hempy and shows perfectly how to do it. Here is his youtube vid on it. YouTube - ‪Creating Small Hempy Buckets + Transplanting‬‏

As for clones i dont think you should just stick them into soil right away. A cheap method for which i clone in is using just water, a cup, and a humidity dome. Slight problem with this method is it might take up to 2 weeks to develop roots.

Anyways, rest of the crop is looking perfect man. Doing great! :grinjoint: :high-five:

:Namaste:

Ok, there has been alot of progress with Afghan Ryder, Blue Cheese, and Purple. The buds on Afghan are forming real nicely (I hope from what I can see but i could be wrong since I've never seen a plan flower before haha).
IMG_14854.jpg

Blue Cheese has recovered amazingly and we even took a clone today

Purple has shot up and is about as big as Mazar and looks like a totally different plant. We also took a clone of it today.

We are currently working on turning our old grow room into just a veg room. We should be finished by tomorrow and then we will move Afghan Ryder, Afghan Special (seedling), and the 5 clones into it and start flowering Mazar, Purple, Neville's, and Blue Cheese tomorrow...

We're pretty sure we are going to give them at least 24-36 hours of darkness since we've read a bunch of different peoples journals saying this speeds up the transition from veg to flower by more than a week. What are your guys opinions on this?

And now... here are the plants at day 32 of veg

Mazar
IMG_14775.jpg

Purple - a totally new plant now which made us really happy lol
IMG_14764.jpg

Blue cheese - can barely tell that over half the plant was burned a couple weeks ago
IMG_14813.jpg

Afghan Ryder
IMG_14806.jpg

and here's the little Afghan Special
IMG_14877.jpg

Group shot. Front left - Afghan Special, Middle left - Blue cheese, Back left - Afghan Ryder, Back right - Neville's, Back middle - Mazar, Front right - Purple
IMG_14845.jpg

I always shut the lights down for 24hrs when going into flower.. :morenutes:

Looking good dudes...... (theres 2 of you right?? why not create to accounts, make up to bullshit gmail accounts that you only use for these types of forums/online orders/anything to do with weed or whatever) This way we get to know both of you....

But they are all looking awesome man, you guys did good. I get anxiety every time I look at someone else getting ready to go into flower mode. I am still in veg. waiting for the right time to take my clones and stock up my room, I'm hoping to get like 60 clones out of 7 plants, yeah.... I'll be waiting awhile till my mommies can put out that many.....

I have heard of the extended darkness before flowering myself, I was gonna do 30 hours when I get my chance, it seems thats the most popular, but whatever, as long as they get the signal thats all I care about.

I wish you guys the best of luck and will continue to follow along.

Whitey... Yeah there is 2 of us. my friend doesnt have internet at his place so he only has his iphone for internet so I'm usually the one posting. Ill talk to him and see what he thinks about having 2 accounts tho....... 60 clones? damn lol how long u been vegging? do you have a journal?

xbox... yup we switched the nutes as soon as we noticed it was flowering

We got the veg room up and running and now Mazar, Blue, Nevilles, and Purple are all in darkness. We want the lights to come on at about noon so that puts us at about 42 hours of darkness. Is that too much? We could turn the lights on at noon tomorrow but that only gives us about 18 hours of darkness. and will they be fine without water? we've been watering everyday so I dont know how they will handle it.

We were also thinking that since we've had the lights 24/0 that we could get away with 13/11 for flowering. Will this give us a better yield or will it not effect the yield in any way? if not then we'll just stick to 12/12. We just thought more light = more bud but we have no science to support that... just a thought.

Also, I was looking on ebay and came across this LED company that seems pretty legit and really knows what they are doing and not overly expensive. The 2 LED's we have were just the cheapest we could find but once we save some more money, I was thinking we should invest in some quality equipment. I hope I can post this here without breaking any forum rules... here's one specifically made for vegging
New 240w Blackstar LED Grow light 3w Veg/Clone LED's - eBay (item 280605520984 end time Mar-17-11 15:adore:47 PDT)

let me know what you guys think

Also, do some research on this site about the blackstar light, someone here did a side by side test with a light that I guess is almost identical to whatever blackstar one and it wasnt putting out the correct wattage, there were a few things wrong. Ebay is great for deals if you know what you are buying. Most times stores or people that are only on ebay are just starting out or theres another reason their products arent in more stores, then again its always good to support people coming up around this area of whatever you want to call it, cuz another grower/smoker/seller is gonna keep you in business someday so.... karma does work, but just make sure you are getting what you pay for dude. Nothing worse than having to badmouth someone but that is our only recourse sometimes, if they straighten you out....all good. I'll try to find a link for you on that thread though.

And as Xb4m said, stick with 12/12, for whatever reason, everyone does 12/12. Its been that way for as long as I can ever remember of hearing of weed growing. Not that I understood any of it, but I remember hearing that about 20-25 years ago (I'm only 32 but I do remember hearing one of my old mans friends talking about growing so...its the same today as it was at the beginning of time for a reason). And if you are using soil dude you really dont need to water everyday but if you arent loading it up with more than a quart or a little more, its fine. I have mine in 3.5 gallon pots and I usually water every other day or every 2 days. Most times the 5 plants in the 3.5 gallon pots are fine for 2 days, the smaller 2 gallon bucket plants go every other day usually. I stick my finger down to the knuckle along the outside edge of the pot (to not mess with the roots) and if it feels dry-ish I usually water, I usually dont go by days however its working out like that now as I kinda got their schedule down. But if that upper 5-6 inches is still wet and you are adding more water, you'll end up over watering, just make sure to check before just dumping thats all. However it looks like you got this far and are doing pretty damn good so who am I to tell you....lol

Did you put your plants potted in buckets inside another bucket and put holes in the bottom of the inside bucket for drainage? If you havent dude, thats really something you should do. You dont want that nasty water just sitting there and marinating your roots, its good for them .... not to dry out, but to breath a little. Roots need o2 as well as H2o but they cant get it when they are drowning in H2o so drainage is a must.

Also, when you put a plant in a pot you should always put some stones, hydroton or whatever in the bottom before the pot before the soil goes in, maybe like an inch or so, little more little less depending on the pot.... just something to prevent the drainage holes in the bottom from clogging. If you didnt put anything in these I wouldnt worry but you should really get the drainage holes in there if you havent.

Also, how much are you watering in those 5G buckets? As I said I'm in 3.5's and I usually add between a quart and a half gallon of water/nutes anytime I water/feed. If I use a quart/liter I gotta add more the next day but if I got half gallon I'll usually get some out of the bottom and I can go 2 days easily with foliar feeding/watering.

I do have a journal, please stop by when you get a chance. Its very very long, like 15 pages with not a whole lot of anything going on for the first 10 pages or so, but a lot of newb mistakes were made from beginning to end so.....there is tons of mistakes to learn from but very long, skim through if anything but the last several pages or more are loaded with pics, especially the last 5-6-7 pages.

Edit: I forgot, my plants are around 45-46 days old at the moment (the 5 biggest) and the others Are about 3 weeks younger, I havent done the calculations. another large mistake I made, not keeping track of the dates I planted etc.... so I didnt know how old they were until I went back through pics and guesstimated from the time they started showing preflowers. But I planted seeds on 1/1/11, they sprouted in about 7-8 days I think. The others were planted about 2-3 weeks later.

So do any of you have a favorite brand of LED's? what are your opinions on the best wavelengths for the LEDs?

Whitey - yeah we've had the holes in the bottom since the beginning, but we dont have the rocks at the bottom. We'll definitely try that with our next soil plant

We've been watering them a plastic cup to measure the water. I think it's a pint. We've been giving them from 1 to 1.5 of those every day. Are we under-watering?

Xbox - Where did you get your blue dream seeds? I've been looking everywhere. I found some that were $120 for a seed and theres no way i'm paying that lol. I also found them on an add on a site, a pack of 3 for $20 but I have to be a med patient in Cali and they wont ship them

You would know if you were under watering, and its better to give them less than more. So I wouldnt worry to much, you seem to be fine how you are doing it. Lately I have been going a little heavier on the fluids but they seem to take it so..... Go at your pace dude, you're doing as good as me or better..

Blue Dream exists as a clone-only strain here in cali. For some magical reason i was able to hermy mine (not a good thing) in late flowering and i got a few seeds out of her. But generally its a clone-only strain, be wary of Blue Dream seeds online, for they are not supposed to "technically" exist unless the plant was forced to hermy lol.

1-1.5 pint a day is about what i used to do. but recently ive been watering every other day.

hey everyone. Sorry i havent posted in a while. There hasn't been too much too see. just a little new growth. We can't see any new flowering growth on the 4 that we started flowering but hopefully we'll start seeing it soon. Here are all 4 at day 39/ 6 days flowering. It kind of looks like 1 plant lol
IMG_15203.jpg

and this gives you an idea of their height
IMG_15194.jpg

the front is a Mazar clone that we planted in the hempy today, the middle is a Mazar clone that we planted in the hempy last week, and the last is Afghan Special
IMG_15224.jpg

and here is Afghan ryder. We dont know exactly how many days its been flowering but from the date we guessed it started were at about 17 days flowering
IMG_15259.jpg

Back
Top Bottom