Medical Marijuana Services - Looking for a prescription in Canada under new laws?

Re: Medical Marijuana Services - Looking for a prescription in Canada under the new l

So these guys would be ok with giving me a prescription even though I have not got anything from my regular doctor and do not take prescription meds at all (self employed no medical to pay for prescriptions).

I got my prescription with no history or documentation. Not 100% on if they will give you a prescription, but It won't hurt to talk to them.
I went to medical marijuana services for my prescription but was advised by a local grower and medical patient to check out the cannabis clinic, so I thought I would pass along the info.
Good luck.

Re: Medical Marijuana Services - Looking for a prescription in Canada under the new l

Hi
Unfortunately no--anyone who gets a prescription after April 1st 2014 is NOT allowed to grow for personal use. Only those who had a growers permit before April 1st can continue to grow. There is currently an injunction to allow this, and its ongoing through the courts. Hopefully once the courts reach their decision, anyone who has a prescription will be able to grow but that's a year or so away.
The law has been struck down last month, the Gov'ment has six mths to revise things then it will legal for MM users to grow their own!

I got in touch with MMS and filled out a contact form and was supposed to have someone get back to me and it looks like it was a waste of time, either that or they just wanted info on who's after a user card ! Maybe I'm wrong, am I being paranoid?

Ihad so much trouble with MMS. Avoid at all costs. I saw another company called "Home" and another called "the do no harm clinic". also,The greenleaf medcial clinic is a good choice if you live in BC

About the Greenleaf Medical Clinic ( Greenleaf)

Getting Started | Do No Harm Clinic (Do no harm)

Marijuana License (Home)

Once again Avoid MMS if you can. they don't answer phones and barely return messages. They are bumblers. They get things done- Eventually and it might take them a few tries. lol

MMS is a SCAM! They took my $300.00 last fall and I never heard from them again. Numerous emails and phone calls brought nothing but empty promises. No referral, no appointment, no refund, no compassion.

I got in touch with MMS and filled out a contact form and was supposed to have someone get back to me and it looks like it was a waste of time, either that or they just wanted info on who's after a user card ! Maybe I'm wrong, am I being paranoid?

MMS is a SCAM! They took my $300.00 last fall and I never heard from them again. Numerous emails and phone calls brought nothing but empty promises. No referral, no appointment, no refund, no compassion.

hi budsmoker. after reading your threads i have got in touch with medical marijuana services. i have screws and plates in my ankle and they have broken under my skin. i am told that i have post trauma OA (arthuritis) i have xrays and perscriptions. do you think they would help me gain a medical marijuana card to purchase from an lcd?

Hey, I actually just submitted my application at MMS and would be shocked if I didn't get a prescription as I have 4 things on that list of accepted illnesses. They made me choose a licensed place and I chose medreleaf as it seemed to have high ratings on leafly. But I was wondering, if say medreleaf is not good enough for me, can I switch to a different grower any time I want? During the selection phase I was choosing between medreleaf and brokencoast, but since medreleaf is closer to were I live I chose them.
Also is anyone with medreleaf? And if you are a veteran is the marijuana fully covered by blue cross?

I have a problem with my ankle that causes me pain. it is documented and infact i have been refurred for a second surgery to have plates and screws removed. i have xrays and everything else. i have been told i may have early signs of arthuritis, but the mortis in my ankle does not show it. i also have sleep problems, although i have never complained about this problem to any doctors in the past, as i have been smoking marijuana for some time now and have always had my medicine threw the "black market" suppliers. recently i just came to the conclusion that marijuana is the right medicine for me, but finding a doctor who will agree seems difficult. even bringing it up in a doctors office is nerve racking because i dont want them to think that i am some stoner trying to con them for bud. i can get bud on the black market easily enough, but i am a law abiding citizen for the most part of canada other then the way i obtain my medicine. i do not like that i have to obtain my marijuana this way. do you think that i will have a solid case?

MMS had me pay them before my appt date. They said pay, then we send the appt time. Anyone else? Still waiting on a time. Is this how it works?

MMS stated earlier in the week after accepting payment that an email would be forthcoming over the weekend with a date and time of my virtual online appointment. Weekend though is almost over and no email is in sight.

Little disappointed with how they do business thusfar not keeping their word.

Edit: Appointment came a few hours after writing this post. Strike what I said above. Happy so far!

Hey guys,

I am a new member of 420magazines forum, and would like to share with you my experience with the Green Doctor Network.

It all began with a few visits to my family doctor. I later found out while trying to access cannabis medically that this is a very significant first step in the process. Personally, I was upfront with my doctor about my issues and my intent to use cannabis.

As a patient, it is important to remember that whatever healing path you choose, the intake of prescriptions is ultimately up to you, a doctor is merely there to guide you along the way and help you the best they know how.

Fortunately, my doctor respected my wishes to access medical cannabis, however, he did not feel comfortable enough to sign for a prescription because he did not know enough about cannabis to do so. This seemed fair enough. As we all know, it is kind of a running trope that every Canadian smokes cannabis, and as a member of that trope, it is sometimes easy to forget that some individuals know very little about cannabis.

After he provided me with medical notes detailing my illness, I began shopping around for services that would help me gain access to medical cannabis, and that is where the Green Doctor Network stepped in.

I originally inquired through them about a month ago. Mostly I just wanted to know if I was a proper candidate for medical marijuanna, so I completed their pre-questionare and found I was indeed eligible. Upon request, I provided all the necessary paperwork they wanted and chose Tweed as my LP. Although the email the GDN sent me stated that somebody would be in touch with me within 24-48 hours, it was not until a week had past that I heard back from them, and another week or so before I had a confirmation of appointment.

Time-stretching aside, I was quite happy with the service they provided, and although expensive, it was worth it and I met with my doctor via Medeo a few days ago and was approved for 4g a day.

I have to agree with some of the other users when they say "be patient." It's really easy to get yourself in an uproar when you were banking on a quick prescription or find yourself without medication while in pain or distress. Whenever I would find myself getting a little upset over the amount of time this process was taking, I would just try to remember that in Canada there is a demand for medical marijuanna that far exceeds the number of doctors willing to sign off on a prescription. It's not the most ideal set-up, but I am happy to be in a country that is willing to make a few enemies through global treaties to admit they were wrong about cannabis on a social, medical, and legal level.

I hope this experience can be of use to some patients trying to access medical marijuanna, and if you have any question, please ask.

Hey Guitarzan.
Thanks for sharing your experience. As you can see from the posts, many have had ups and down with the process of getting medically prescribed. Glad you had a decent experience with the whole process.
Cheers brother.

P.S how are you liking the tweed product? Do you plan on growing for yourself once the rules are in place?

Hey stealthgrow,

I agree that the process seems to be a mixed reaction in Canada.

I was actually quite surprised with the potency of Tweeds products. They have a pretty large variety, and if you're really patient, they can also custom blend some bud to help you get what you're looking for. I found them to be one of the most honest and caring LP's in Canada at the moment. For example, they clearly mark and explain which strains are cold-pasteurized, reply to emails and phone calls rather quickly, and have a pretty remarkable compassionate pricing system that make certain "house" strains really affordable if you're on a budget, and if really hurting for cash, they will throw an extra 20% discount on top of that for everything they sell. I'm on the west coast, and my deliveries make it to me rather quickly, plus you get free shipping. That being said, there is a lot of great LP's in Canada, I just thought I would try Tweed because they seem to have a pretty steady reputation. As both a patient and healthcare worker, this company has really gone above and beyond their duty as far as I am concerned.

As for growing myself, I would like to do so some day. I'm more of a hobbyist than anything when it comes to gardening or growing. After some more research, I'll likely start with an auto-flowering plant just to see if it is worth the effort for me. I assume it will be, and even though Tweed is a terrific company, you can't help but want to take control of what you are putting into your body. As it currently stands, I'm in the process of constructing a growbox from a shelf, and should have it constructed by the end of the week. I know auto-flowers kind of get a bad reputation, but I feel this is a nice way for me to keep things nice and small while giving me the opportunity to try something new and learn from other forum members. I'm sure I'll make a ton of rookie mistakes, but that's the fun of learning, right?

Cheers right back at you and thanks for the welcome, man!

MMS is a scam. They took $300. from me last September. I still haven't heard from them. They won't answer my emails or voicemails. Try Bodystream. They're FREE.

MMS is a scam. They took $300. from me last September. I still haven't heard from them. They won't answer my emails or voicemails. Try Bodystream. They're FREE.

Sorry you had such a crappy experience with MMS. Bodystream is the place that MMS refers you to, so if you can go direct I encourage anyone to do so. Bodystream is not free though. Last year for my renewal it cost me 200$ from them. Well worth it...just saying. ;)
Cheers everyone, stay medicated.

BudSmoker68: I placed my first order through my LP today after going through MMS. If BodyStreams pricing model is what you say it is AND you live next to one of their four locations, then go with them. My personal experience with MMS other then my impatience was flawless. The video shown on the MMS website accurately describes the process. They respond to both calls/emails in a timely manner and payment is only taken after a preliminary evaluation of your medical documents. Should you not have received an appointment within a few days, a phone call to the lovely girl at MMS would have easily have resolved the issue. Otherwise a charge back on your credit card would have accomplished same.

Hey stealthgrow,

I agree that the process seems to be a mixed reaction in Canada.

I was actually quite surprised with the potency of Tweeds products. They have a pretty large variety, and if you're really patient, they can also custom blend some bud to help you get what you're looking for. I found them to be one of the most honest and caring LP's in Canada at the moment. For example, they clearly mark and explain which strains are cold-pasteurized, reply to emails and phone calls rather quickly, and have a pretty remarkable compassionate pricing system that make certain "house" strains really affordable if you're on a budget, and if really hurting for cash, they will throw an extra 20% discount on top of that for everything they sell. I'm on the west coast, and my deliveries make it to me rather quickly, plus you get free shipping. That being said, there is a lot of great LP's in Canada, I just thought I would try Tweed because they seem to have a pretty steady reputation. As both a patient and healthcare worker, this company has really gone above and beyond their duty as far as I am concerned.

Welcome to 420Magazine, the best and friendliest and most helpful cannabis social network on the Internet, in my opinion.

I like Tweed because their head office is located in the old Hershey chocolate factory in Smith's Falls, ON. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Welcome to 420Magazine, the best and friendliest and most helpful cannabis social network on the Internet, in my opinion.

I like Tweed because their head office is located in the old Hershey chocolate factory in Smith's Falls, ON. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I personally HATE all LP's. When I get my renewal completed I make 1 order to get my card and never order their bunk again till the next renewal. Patients before profits!!
The LP's charge more money for their garbage than the black market, and the quality isn't even close. I can see seniors or people who don't know where to get decent Cannabis themselves going to the LP's, but I certainly won't if I can avoid it.

Hey all, I'm new here to 420 Magazine.

So I'm looking to get my MMJ Rx and was going to go through MMS, but read above that they will send me to Bodystream. I just found out there is a Bodystream near me, would I be better off going through MMS or going straight to Bodystream?

High Outlander.
I would definitely try and go direct to Bodystream if possible. You'll cut out the middle man and it will probably cost you $100 less, if not more in savings. Good luck & Cheers.;)

Back
Top Bottom