Medical Marijuana Services - Looking for a prescription in Canada under new laws?

Re: Medical Marijuana Services - Looking for a prescription in Canada under the new l

That sucks, sorry to hear. But I'm curious as to why you would pay first or even submit an application if you're not able to get the supporting medical documents from your Dr. The documents are not hard to get if you have a condition. They don't have to say anything about cannabis. So I'm not sure why you can't get them.
My family dr is against it to and would not mention cannabis in any papers. All he/she has to do is verify your condition. All my document said was " Jordan suffers from x condition since this date."
Hope you're able to get your money or document. Keep us posted.

I had misunderstood what the service was providing and thought I had all my ducks in a row and thus sent in everything in one fell swoop...only to find out that after a few emails with them, that I was not good to go without having some previous medical history, which I do not, as I typically avoid doctors and have been simply managing my condition all my life. I've since been to a walk in clinic as I do not have a family doctor and wasn't able to get the required documents and as such, will simply continue as I have been until things change with the laws.

Thanks for the support and cheers.

Re: Medical Marijuana Services - Looking for a prescription in Canada under the new l

Hey people! its been a while since i posted in this thread. I Just want to update with where im at now, Aug 17th was my 1 year renewal appointment, it went great but they wanted to make sure i was using my full 3g/day or they would reduce my daily limit.I told them i was using my full limit so everything is still good. I started with Tilray for 6 months, great meds but waay over priced. Then i switched to Maricann Inc, not bad meds with great prices, but very very dry and the counts in their plastic jars were always short. Now ive switched to Broken Coast, and im reading alot of reviews that they are very good. I will be able to place my first order with them on monday and ill let everyone know how they are. Also if anyone needs help picking an LP. go to liftcannabis.ca lots of reviews of all the LP and their meds. cheers!

Got my welcome email from Aphria this morning and placed my first order. Took exactly one week for everything to be processed after my doctor consultation.

With the exception of it taking a little bit of time to get going at first, I'm very content with Green Doctor Network and the outcome. Would definitely recommend them.

WOW!! This thread had been very active!! I'm glad I started this thread and that its helping so many fellow Canadians get info on MMJ.
Cheers everyone, stay medicated.;)

I'm so glad I found this. Thanks, Stealthgrow . The full title doesn't show up until I open the thread so I never realized before it was about MMJ in Canada

I'm new to the forum but have been lurking around for a while.
I've recently taken the first steps with Green doctor network also... Things seem smooth so far I'll provide details as the process moves forward. I've provided all necessary info including a doctors letter with diagnosis. Looking forward to being able to have solid sleeps and ease chronic pain while staying chemical free.
I have pre registered for Tweed to be my producer. Is anyone else using them on this thread?

Thanks and happy to be a part of the forums!!

Hey all,

Firstly I want to thank everyone for all the info they've been sharing. Same as JonnyJ above, I've been lurking around here for awhile now but didn't want to post until I had something of value to share. Anyway, I've now been approved for my MMPR as of this week so I thought I'd pass on my experience with Bodystream, which has been nothing but positive thus far.

I suffer from severe anxiety and, to a lesser degree, depression. I've also been dealing with Irritable Bowl Syndrome since I was about 12 years old. My anxiety and depression became so bad last year that I ended up having to take most of 2014 off of work. At one point leading up to my leave, I was on 4 different medications which basically left me a zombie, sleeping up to 18 hours a day and rarely leaving my condo unless it was absolutely necessary. Even with all of these, my anxiety and depression worsened to the point where in early 2014 I ended up seeking emergency help from CAMH (Canadian Association for Addiction and Mental Health). Over the year they were able to help me greatly through both regular therapy and adjustments of medications (I'm down to a low dose of Effexor these days), can't say enough good things about them and if you're suffering from any kind of mental health issues, I would highly encourage you to seek them out.

Even though I'm doing way better these days, I still have fairly high anxiety at times. My doctor gives me Ativan to help deal with this when it gets too bad, but quite frankly, I hate that stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-pharmaceutical by any means, but I've found that marijuana is a much more effective, and likely much safer means for me to relieve not only my anxiety symptoms, but also the inevitable IBS flareups that occur when my anxiety gets too high.

I actually came across this forum while researching Bodystream online. I'm a bit of a skeptic. I assumed they, and indeed most of the other services I came across, would be either scams or charge me extraordinarily high amounts of money. After reading some of the posts on here, I decided to take a chance and contact them late July of this year. From my initial contact up until my video conference and approval with their Dr. this week, they have been fantastic. To date I have not paid one cent to them, though I understand from some previous posts they may charge a fee for renewing the prescription, but to be honest I'm more than happy to pay it, money well spent.

The process was very smooth. I contacted them, they emailed me back with instructions on how to submit my medical documentation (I simply scanned and emailed them all of my Dr.'s reports,etc.). After submitting my documents, they called me and set up an appointment for the online consultation with their Dr. In the meantime, they referred me to Mettrum as my Licensed Producer. I set up an account with them before my consultation so that if I was approved, they could submit the paperwork right away without any delays. The video consultation went great, and I was approve for 2 grams a day (approx 2oz a month).

So that's my experience so far. I can't really comment on Mettrum as an LP just yet as it will be a week or so before they receive my paperwork from Bodystream, but I will post further once I've had some interaction with them and let you all know how it goes.

Anyways, sorry for such a long post, but I wanted to wait until the approval was complete before I made any kind of comments so I could get it all out in one post rather than in pieces. Thanks to Stealthgrow for starting this thread, it's been of great help to me and by the looks of it many others. Will continue to post on my experiences with both services and any others I try out in the future.

Cheers all!

good info there ottawa1987, I refused to use MMS due to their (imo) huge fees. I hope something is done about this at the federal or provincial level.
My family doctor sent my referral off last week Thursday to CCC, so I hope to hear back from the Dr in southern Ontario maybe by the end of this week. (July 10th). I will update this thread when I get more info.

Was there any update? I am looking at CCC as well but not finding any feedback so far.
Thanks

Hi! I'm trying to find a Dr. Who will prescribe cannabis oil for severe Crohn's disease. Do you know if they are doing that yet? I'm looking into this for the first time so I'm not sure if it's been approved for dispensing yet or if it was only approved to manufacture so far. There is conflicting information out there. Thanks for the post! Very helpful!

Hi everyone, I'm new to all of this and looking for some guidance. I'm interested in mmj for chronic neck/nerve pain that has not resolved from physio, massage, muscle relaxants, prescription cream etc. I have been looking into bodystream and am wondering if they charge your doctor for consults with you? I really don't want to go through my doctor in order to do this because he isn't open to the idea. All I have in terms of medical documentation would be consults from my physio - which I'm assuming I can ask him directly for instead of going through my doctors office. Do you guys think this would be sufficient for getting a prescription? Due to the fact that I work in a doctors office, I probably would be able to arrange to have an X-ray and ultrasound so I have something more concrete in terms of understanding what's going on with my neck. I'm really eager to pursue mmj because this pain is definitely affecting my quality of life. I've never had official prescriptions for the pain, just otc meds and some samples of an anti inflammatory from my doctor. Any advice from you guys would really be appreciated in terms of whether bodystream charges your GP and whether you think physio consult notes would be sufficient. Thanks!

Hi Jonny.

I've just started the research for being prescribed MMJ and met with a representative from Tweed today. She was very nice and gave me lots of great info. Now I just need to find a doctor to do the medical referral.

I especially loved the fact that Tweed's head office is in the old Hershey factory in Smith's Falls! :yummy: Chocolate and pot -- what more could you want?

Any Dr advice on cannabis smoking post heart attack due to blockage of tributary artery? 42, and long time pot smoker...Help

Consider your grower carefully as you can't switch. It is illegal in Canada to charge for the prescription.

Todays Federal discussion - check cbc.ca news. Fed. judge says not be allowed to grow personal mj goes against our Charter. BUT, the gov't ws given 6 mos to fine tune the rulings around this. So don't go blatantly growing weed just yet.

Hello and thanks for this thread.

I have had neck and back and sciatic pain for 20 years. Also have insomnia. Would like to get a prescription now. Been going to chiropractor for 18 years, but stopped going last year as it didn't seem to solve it, only temporary.
Right now I handle it with black market mj and Advil and robacacet muscle relaxes with codeine. I have not ever requested any prescription drugs nor talked to my conservative doctor about it.
Will I be able to get a prescription? Is green Doctor network a good choice for this? I don't mind the fee but I don't have supporting paperwork, will that be ok?

Thanks!

From my research, if you change companies, it's not just a new card, if there is one, but you get to pay the fees all over again. That's enough to discourage limited income people from switching.

I have had neck and back and sciatic pain for 20 years. Also have insomnia. Would like to get a prescription now. Been going to chiropractor for 18 years, but stopped going last year as it didn't seem to solve it, only temporary.
Right now I handle it with black market mj and Advil and robacacet muscle relaxes with codeine. I have not ever requested any prescription drugs nor talked to my conservative doctor about it.
Will I be able to get a prescription? Is green Doctor network a good choice for this? I don't mind the fee but I don't have supporting paperwork, will that be ok?

Thanks!

OttawaGreen - Sorry to hear of your pain. My doctor is quite conservative, too and when I asked him about prescribing MMJ, he said he doubted he ever would when there were so many "traditional" prescriptions to try first. So that's when we started investigating getting a prescription another way and visited Tweed, a licensed producer of MMJ.

When we were at Tweed, we were given a list of medical clinics that will give you a prescription for MMJ after meeting with them. Most of them were out west but we were told that they even do medical appointments via Skype if your own doctor won't prescribe it for you.

I hope you get some help for your health difficulties.

Thanks!

Hey OG
Try the Canadian Cannabis Clinic. There is one in Ottawa on Montreal Rd. Here's the link....Cannabis Clinics | Canada's Foremost Medical Marijuana Clinics
There is also another place on Wellington st in Ottawa that hooks up patients with Cannabis friendly doctors, but j suggest the cannabis clinic first.
Cheers brother.

So these guys would be ok with giving me a prescription even though I have not got anything from my regular doctor and do not take prescription meds at all (self employed no medical to pay for prescriptions).

Back
Top Bottom