Medical Marijuana Services - Looking for a prescription in Canada under new laws?

A little update, I have my appointment with a doctor at Bodystream this Thursday, wish me luck.

On a side note, I had to get my doctor to write a short document stating my conditions and previous treatment methods to give to Bodystream, my doctor was supportive in my decision to go the MMJ route but was unwilling to write the Rx himself, he didn't want to be know as a "pot doctor" because he have a hundred people in his office everyday looking for weed, his words not mine.

Good luck, but you don't need it. ;)
Too bad about your doctor... The stigma of reefer madness is alive and well.
Once you have placed your first order for medical cannabis you should get a card from your LP with your daily prescription and expiration date of your Rx. If there is a dispensary in your town I highly suggest you go there and become a member, or look online at some of the mail order dispensaries or concentrate makers for REAL medicine. Your LP membership card should be enough for most dispensaries to sign you up. #boycottlp weed.
Free the weed & cheers

Good luck, but you don't need it. ;)
Too bad about your doctor... The stigma of reefer madness is alive and well.
Once you have placed your first order for medical cannabis you should get a card from your LP with your daily prescription and expiration date of your Rx. If there is a dispensary in your town I highly suggest you go there and become a member, or look online at some of the mail order dispensaries or concentrate makers for REAL medicine. Your LP membership card should be enough for most dispensaries to sign you up. #boycottlp weed.
Free the weed & cheers

That's exactly what I plan on doing.

Well that was painless, doctor's appt lasted 10 minutes and got an prescription starting at 2g/day. Best of all because of info in this thread it didn't cost me a dime. Thanks all.

Andrew.

Re: Medical Marijuana Services - Looking for a prescription in Canada under the new l

Hi
Unfortunately no--anyone who gets a prescription after April 1st 2014 is NOT allowed to grow for personal use. Only those who had a growers permit before April 1st can continue to grow. There is currently an injunction to allow this, and its ongoing through the courts. Hopefully once the courts reach their decision, anyone who has a prescription will be able to grow but that's a year or so away.

A new law was passed allowing medical marijuana cardholders to grow small amounts - Medical marijuana patients can grow 'limited amount' of cannabis at home under new laws - Politics - CBC News

A little update, I have my appointment with a doctor at Bodystream this Thursday, wish me luck.

On a side note, I had to get my doctor to write a short document stating my conditions and previous treatment methods to give to Bodystream, my doctor was supportive in my decision to go the MMJ route but was unwilling to write the Rx himself, he didn't want to be know as a "pot doctor" because he have a hundred people in his office everyday looking for weed, his words not mine.

Found this article on MMS - Canadians Pay High Prices For Marijuana Prescriptions

"...Eventually, Dr. Rob Kamermans went on trips as far as Halifax with the sole purpose of seeing these patients, charging between $100 to $250 per prescription and writing thousands in total. But that all ended when Ontario Police arrested him on charges of fraud, forgery and money laundering."

How Rob Kamermans made $500K as Canada's top medical marijuana doctor — until police came knocking | National Post

"How Rob Kamermans made $500K as Canada's top medical marijuana doctor – until police came knocking"

Found this article on MMS - Canadians Pay High Prices For Marijuana Prescriptions

"...Eventually, Dr. Rob Kamermans went on trips as far as Halifax with the sole purpose of seeing these patients, charging between $100 to $250 per prescription and writing thousands in total. But that all ended when Ontario Police arrested him on charges of fraud, forgery and money laundering."

How Rob Kamermans made $500K as Canada's top medical marijuana doctor — until police came knocking | National Post

"How Rob Kamermans made $500K as Canada's top medical marijuana doctor — until police came knocking"

I spoke to MMS, they had no knowledge of this doctor and I didn't do any further investigation. I decided to try it out and paid the MMS fee for my province and less than a week later met with a Dr. online via video. I am now a medical marijuana card holder who can use 4G/day, or grow 20 plants indoors.

Congrats on your new licence!

I spoke to MMS, they had no knowledge of this doctor and I didn't do any further investigation. I decided to try it out and paid the MMS fee for my province and less than a week later met with a Dr. online via video. I am now a medical marijuana card holder who can use 4G/day, or grow 20 plants indoors.

Who do you buy from? I signed up with Tweed's sister company Bedrocan. $5/g, $10 shipping on all products and orders.

High guys:ciao:
Thanks for posting. I would suggest growing your own now that the laws will take effect on Aug24th. For every gram a day your prescribed in Canada you will be able to grow 5 plants indoors or 2 plants outdoors, or a combo or both. (4 gram/day prescription means you can legally grow 20 plants indoors or 8 outdoors at any given time)You must register with Health Canada and you must only purchase your seeds from the LP's. The full set of new rules will be release on Aug 24th. What a bunch or horse crap!!! There is already a constitutional challenge being drafted against these new rules. The court battle continues for dispensaries and plant counts, not to mention the government has yet to legislate the Smith decision from the Supreme Court.

High guys:ciao:
Thanks for posting. I would suggest growing your own now that the laws will take effect on Aug24th. For every gram a day your prescribed in Canada you will be able to grow 5 plants indoors or 2 plants outdoors, or a combo or both. (4 gram/day prescription means you can legally grow 20 plants indoors or 8 outdoors at any given time)You must register with Health Canada and you must only purchase your seeds from the LP's. The full set of new rules will be release on Aug 24th. What a bunch or horse crap!!! There is already a constitutional challenge being drafted against these new rules. The court battle continues for dispensaries and plant counts, not to mention the government has yet to legislate the Smith decision from the Supreme Court.

Ya I've been monitoring the site for new documents outlining the legal grow process.

You have to register with the gov to grow at home and the forms are finally updated. Marijuana Home Growing Licensing in Canada

We'll see how long this last.

Hi PuffnDragon

I am seeking my medical marijuana card but have issues with my doctor so i can't go to them.

Was your experience with MMS good? I am considering using their services. It says its $129

I have also looked at greendoctornetwork ( they seem more expensive at $298 + tax and seem to want to make a person wait about 2 weeks just for the initial consultation then they would book in for a doctor if approved )

Thanks, any help you or anyone can provide is appreciated.

Re: Medical Marijuana Services - Looking for a prescription in Canada under the new l

I personally HATE all LP's. When I get my renewal completed I make 1 order to get my card and never order their bunk again till the next renewal. Patients before profits!!
The LP's charge more money for their garbage than the black market, and the quality isn't even close. I can see seniors or people who don't know where to get decent Cannabis themselves going to the LP's, but I certainly won't if I can avoid it.

So if you only order once, where do you get it after that?

Hi PuffnDragon

I am seeking my medical marijuana card but have issues with my doctor so i can't go to them.

Was your experience with MMS good? I am considering using their services. It says its $129

I have also looked at greendoctornetwork ( they seem more expensive at $298 + tax and seem to want to make a person wait about 2 weeks just for the initial consultation then they would book in for a doctor if approved )

Thanks, any help you or anyone can provide is appreciated.

Yes they're good. They setup a virtual doctor meeting within a week and was prescribed medical marijuana right after. Takes a few days for them to process the paperwork. You need to select a provider. Bedrocan has one of the lowest shipping prices and stock ($5/g on all products). I paid $225 as I was not in Ontario. There is a place in TO that does it for free, but wasn't an option for me since I don't live in Ontario. I can also grow my own plants so although you have to pay and might say, "That's money out of my pocket to buy product", you can grow your own with a card and approval of registration with the gov to grow personal consumption. That's my next step once I get my prescription as the gov needs that in the registration. You do have to be approved for a doctor by MMS. If the doctor did say no, you get 80% of your money back. Their customer service is also prompt. I was skeptical at first too, but no complaints thus far.

You can grow your own :) Every gram is 2 outdoor plants, 5 indoor. Each plant grows about 1-3oz. Obviously have to invest in the grow medium, lights, power consumption, etc, but it should pay off in the end if you do your research. Everyone has an opinion so you have to make your own. 24% THC is pretty good for LP marijuana I'd say. Maybe this guy only got 10% or smokes so much his body has adjusted to the affect of THC on them.

Dispensaries also sell, so when you have your card you can buy from them. Not sure what the legality of doing so is with respect to your card details or government laws. Currently they're illegal, but yet many are remaining open. A bunch were raided in BC and TO I believe, but not all, and the next day 20 more open up. With the new regulations/laws on the way, I think most police departments are smart enough to know this is a waste of time and tax payers money. The "war" on drugs is such a load of crap and any educated person can see this. Invest our taxes into education.

I have been denied by Medical Marijuana Services because they require a document from my doctor and i have told them i can't get it.

I already told them that i saw the doctor two years ago and they didn't help me. All they gave me was sleeping pills.

I was really humiliated going to my doctor and telling them i suffered from anxiety, depression and sleeping problems. I didn't want to have it on my medical history as it would affect future jobs as some companies look at that to determine if you are of sound mind. But i went and saw her anyway.

There is a stigma attached to mental illiness and instead of people helping, they make it hard.

I was made to feel even worse in the time at the doctors as she felt I should have an answer for why i was feeling the way i was feeling.( how the hell do i know why i feel down or unable to get out of bed? or suffer from panic attacks.)

At that time i didn't even know that marijuana could help until this year.

Back then all i wanted was something to help me cope during the day so i could work and something to help at night. All they gave me was 10 sleeping pills which were useless and made it so that i couldn't even work. So i never went back. Why should i have to be humiliated in order to get help?

I then found out about marijuana and considered getting it on the blackmarket but decided to go the legal route.

Which is completely pointless as they still want to make me jump through hoops, suffer humiliation and haggle with my doctor as to why i have anxiety and depression.

My doctor doesn't get it. She thinks everyone should be of sound mind. I don't know what planet she is on?

I'm so tired of doctors and these companies stopping people from getting alternative medicine and making us humiliated in the process.

i wanted to do it above board and now i won't be able to get it. I can see why people are driven to buy or grow illegally or commit suicide because of people making it hard to get something that naturally grows and everyone should have access to.

Thanks for nothing MMS

I have been denied by Medical Marijuana Services because they require a document from my doctor and i have told them i can't get it.

I already told them that i saw the doctor two years ago and they didn't help me. All they gave me was sleeping pills.

I was really humiliated going to my doctor and telling them i suffered from anxiety, depression and sleeping problems. I didn't want to have it on my medical history as it would affect future jobs as some companies look at that to determine if you are of sound mind. But i went and saw her anyway.

There is a stigma attached to mental illiness and instead of people helping, they make it hard.

I was made to feel even worse in the time at the doctors as she felt I should have an answer for why i was feeling the way i was feeling.( how the hell do i know why i feel down or unable to get out of bed? or suffer from panic attacks.)

At that time i didn't even know that marijuana could help until this year.

Back then all i wanted was something to help me cope during the day so i could work and something to help at night. All they gave me was 10 sleeping pills which were useless and made it so that i couldn't even work. So i never went back. Why should i have to be humiliated in order to get help?

I then found out about marijuana and considered getting it on the blackmarket but decided to go the legal route.

Which is completely pointless as they still want to make me jump through hoops, suffer humiliation and haggle with my doctor as to why i have anxiety and depression.

My doctor doesn't get it. She thinks everyone should be of sound mind. I don't know what planet she is on?

I'm so tired of doctors and these companies stopping people from getting alternative medicine and making us humiliated in the process.

i wanted to do it above board and now i won't be able to get it. I can see why people are driven to buy or grow illegally or commit suicide because of people making it hard to get something that naturally grows and everyone should have access to.

Thanks for nothing MMS

You have to fill out MMS's form online which explains why you need it. I'm not sure what you wrote to them if MMS declined you (not their doctor). You might want to try again. I didn't have a doctor when I sent my request in. I also explained a lot of detail as to why I felt marijuana would help. I had examples of various pills doctors (walk-in clinics) have prescribed. Saying something like I'm depressed, I want weed to fix me wouldn't work obviously. There are examples on MMS site explaining what marijuana can help with. Might be a starting point ;)
Nothing wrong with the black market either though. Usually can get it for $8/gram which is not much more than what you can get it through a prescription. Just don't anything that sparks and crackles. That's not good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom