Michigan Growers Unite!

We are moving back to our renovated rural house, so glad to get out of town. I needed to get my F2 Rusty Glue in a training program asap, have stuff laying around everywhere so I cut a hole in some scrap osb and tied some hemp twine on for mesh, hung it from the top with more twine.

Its the yooper way....

MI area: SW Michigan
Grow set up: Indoor
BCNL Bloombox - 6 COBS 3000K 90CRI 2.1amps
BCNL Producer - 8 COBS 3500K 80CRI 2.1amps
Grow medium: DWC hydroponic
Favorite strain: G13 Haze
Favorite edible: Not a fan
Favorite team/sport/university: Michigan Teams
Hobbies: Technology, Growing, trying to retire. . .

BCNL Producer - 6 Cree COBS 3000K 90CRI 2.1amps
BCNL BloomBox - 8 Cree COBS 3500K 80CRI 2.1amps

Welcome!

BCNL Bloombox - 6 COBS 3000K 90CRI 2.1amps
BCNL Producer - 8 COBS 3500K 80CRI 2.1amps
Pics pls, pretty please. Sounds like a real nice room. Welcome to the crew. Happy Legal growing:headbanger:

Thanks
These units have been working for me since 2006. I decided to make the switch to LED from the 400 watt HPS a couple of weeks ago on the Bloombox.
The Bloombox has a flowering chamber of approx 27 x 36. The other side is used to take clones from roots to ready for veg.
The Producer on the other hand is 27 x 54 with 2- 400 watt HPS units in 2 approx 2 x 2 openings. I am getting ready to retrofit 4 cobs in each opening.
I have been successful in being able to tie into the existing cabinet controls and make this work like it is from the factory.

Thanks, 38 inches from floor to the lamps. The tops of the plants look to be 6-8 inches from the lamps. Have you ever found that the plants being so close to the lamps has been a problem? I was concerned that I was burning the leaves so I've moved my plant so that the top of the plant is 19 inches from the LED; however I do have sunlight streaming in for a couple of hours per day also. I'll update pictures on my journal soon.

Actually the lights are at the 40 1/2 inches. There is glass between the lights and the growing space. You can see the black silicon between the sections. The area above the lights is occupied by a 140mm heatsink for each LED and there is a fan pushing air into the light area and another fan sucking air out. These kept the HPS cool and are doing a fine job with the LED's. The light area/chamber is barely more than room temperature. I can place my hand directly under the LED touching the glass and it is warm, but does seem not burn me. There is only about 1/2 inch between the COB and the glass. I wonder if the glass used in the cabinet blocks some heat??

As far as burning, this is my first grow with the LED's so we will see.
With the HPS it was much hotter under the glass and the biggest issue was growth with very few trichomes when they got too close. I could grow within 8 inches of the HPS before running into burning and other weirdness.
It is hard to grow anything but Indica in these but I trade with someone who can. Love the co-op concept.
I am using my own Screen of Green method to keep things under control but I am still tuning it in with the Chronic Widow (3rd grow).

I hear a vape beeping for me . . .

Bought an Apogee PAR sensor. It connects to a multimeter. The conversion is 1mv per 5 PAR.
So a reading of 100mv is 500 PAR.
Just did a quick check to get a ballpark on my new LED conversion looks relative to PAR. The sensor is the little black puck on the grid.
I had both doors full open so missing a lot of reflective area.

Back
Top Bottom