Mid spring and my babies are flowering in my greenhouse.- help please

Organicbaarie

Hi guys and gals, I germinated my seeds in the month before spring and put them in the warm greenhouse (no lights) qnd they have been veging just fine, it's now a month into spring and I see that some of them have signs of flowering on them... There's plenty of light, more then 12 hours a day....

I'm not sure what to do, I really wanted these babies to veg alot more.... I was planning in big plants and now I might have shorties. It has just started so if there's a remedy, I may be able to fix them if I get them now.

Please help, seeds are expensive and difficult to attain in southafrica. So I was hoping for some impressive yields. I've grown giants outdoors, but this is my first greenhouse grow.:Namaste:
I'll post some pics in a bit

Sounds like you started them too early in the season. When they were young, the photo period was short enough to make them think it was bloom time.

Assuming they are photo plants, as the days get longer, they should re-veg and grow larger, assuming you have good soil and environment. The problem then will be, how long and how well they jump back into flowering come late summer/early fall. Some strains revert to veg quickly and easily, and re-bloom well. Other plants I've seen never really get sorted out completely and the buds are weird and wispy.

When growing outdoors, I start plants under 15 hours of light and put the plants outdoors around June 1 (northern hemisphere) so the photo period stays constant for them.

:welcome: to :420: and :goodluck:

DSC_14452.JPG
DSC_14442.JPG

To me it sounds like you planted them too early. In a green house you are still relying on the sun for light. For outdoors in the northern hemisphere you put them outside around the end of may early June depending on weather. You don't need 12 hours of light to start flowering outside as they will start around 14 hours or so. Best bet is to get some CFLS at the least and give them supplemental light for the next month or so since it just became spring for you last week. 18 hours of total light would be perfect. Just my 2 cents. Hope it works out for ya. Also they could be autos and then it would make sense for the short veg. But photos will veg for a month then start to flower regardless when on short light cycles.

That blooming isn't much. You should be fine as long as it doesn't continue for long. When I sex non-fem seeds, they get about that much pistil formation and I have no problems getting them to veg properly.

:thumb:

That makes sense. Do u think putting them outside in the direct sun to veg will make any difference, or is patience my only option....

I have heard of plants that have flowered and go back to veg becoming enormous producers... Dont know if it's true though

That makes sense. Do u think putting them outside in the direct sun to veg will make any difference, or is patience my only option....

I have heard of plants that have flowered and go back to veg becoming enormous producers... Dont know if it's true though

Direct sun is always a good thing, but it probably won't make a difference in whether they continue to flower, or not. The length of the daylight is what matters. But if you can give them direct sun, they will love it.

Re-veg'd plants can be great producers. Technically all my plants are "re-veg'd" since they were sexed under 12/12 then put back into veg. I expect multiple pounds from each of them.

Back
Top Bottom