Minnesota just legalized cannabis

They still need to go to committee to iron out the differences between the House bill and Senate bill. Back again to a final House and Senate vote.
Then Governor Walz has to sign it.

It should be legal in MN by Aug. 1st.

The final bill passed in both the House and Senate!!!!

Off it goes to Governor Walz to be signed into law. Minnesota will be the 23 state to legalize adult recreational cannabis and the 11th state to allow home cultivation.

Home grow ,consumption and possession will be legal on August 1st 2023.

The final bill passed in both the House and Senate!!!!

Off it goes to Governor Walz to be signed into law. Minnesota will be the 23 state to legalize adult recreational cannabis and the 11th state to allow home cultivation.

Home grow ,consumption and possession will be legal on August 1st 2023.
That’s awesome, now another MidWest state is legal. I just hope they don’t try to pay your State budget with mega- taxes like IL. did. CL🍀 :woohoo: :party::theband::yahoo:

That’s awesome, now another MidWest state is legal. I just hope they don’t try to pay your State budget with mega- taxes like IL. did. CL🍀 :woohoo: :party::theband::yahoo:
Our tax rate is pretty low at 16%.
They want to try out compete the black market by keeping the cost low and having high availability.

This isn't a cash cow for MN. The taxes pay only for the cannabis program. It isn't going to go to infrastructure or anything else that isn't cannabis related. It will pay for criminal cannabis expungement, addiction/rehabilitation, law enforcement training pertaining to cannabis and educational services.

It was built on a social equity platform. The people most harmed will have first opportunity for licencing.

Our tax rate is pretty low at 16%.
They want to try out compete the black market by keeping the cost low and having high availability.

This isn't a cash cow for MN. The taxes pay only for the cannabis program. It isn't going to go to infrastructure or anything else that isn't cannabis related. It will pay for criminal cannabis expungement, addiction/rehabilitation, law enforcement training pertaining to cannabis and educational services.

It was built on a social equity platform. The people most harmed will have first opportunity for licencing.
That’s beautiful and the way it should be, maybe IL. can learn from you guys. But I doubt it all they see here are dollar signs and how can they spend their new money 💰. CL🍀

That’s beautiful and the way it should be, maybe IL. can learn from you guys. But I doubt it all they see here are dollar signs and how can they spend their new money 💰. CL🍀
I hope our little experiment works out how it's supposed to.

The bill was signed on 5/20.

Just waiting for Aug 1st to start my legal grow.
I have my illegal one to contend with until then.
Not sure, but before you go all legit, make sure you're not giving up your right to hold arms. I heard the ATF was letting people.know they can't own a firearm if theyre growing.

Not sure, but before you go all legit, make sure you're not giving up your right to hold arms. I heard the ATF was letting people.know they can't own a firearm if theyre growing.
I only have Nerf guns around here.

Not telling anyone that I'm growing even after it's legal here. Some things are best left under your hat,so to speak.

I think this topic is going to the supreme court or is already on its docket. I'll have to check again.

Loose lips sink ships. However while discussions the new laws with a few neighbors, I discovered some things I wish I knew this whole time.
I haven't talked to my new neighbors much yet but judging from the Friday night line of cars ...I think they are dealers. Hopefully just cannabis.
He seems nice enough but I don't know him well.

I think the major reason that I will continue to grow stealthily is that I don't want friends or family to call me all the time for a bag.

I remember those days when I was in my 20s, selling an occasional bag here and there. I hated being called all damn day. Having my plans being up ended constantly.
Not going back to that crap.

Not long now!!!
Screenshot_20230709-105024.png

Back
Top Bottom