Missouri new law

Pinktiger777

I live in Missouri. I’ve been growing stealth at home for three years. The new laws are not very clear at the moment, but theoretically a person can grow their own if they have a medical card, buy a license for $100 and submit to inspections.
I’m not willing to go legal yet. I’m nervous about being targeted.
I would love to hear from other Missouri growers or anyone who has dealt with going legal after laws passed.

Hi Friend, fellow Missourian here.
You are right, the laws are not in place yet and even though we technically go legal for MMJ tomorrow, no one can yet get a card and the facilities do not yet exist to take our applications. They are telling me that it will be June or July before this all gets sorted out and I have had it defined for me that even if we acquired a Medical card in another state, it will not be valid in Missouri.
Factor that in with the fact that many large jurisdictions are no longer prosecuting pot cases. Even if busted at this point, the things they can legally do to you at this moment are totally unclear.
It is my plan to get my card as soon as it is possible, just to be a patient. I will not register a home grow until this gets sorted out because I have no desire to have authorities traipsing through my house and insisting that I put locks on doors and up my fire insurance. I am willing to take the risk at this point of being caught and getting a slap on the wrist and don't much fear jail time any more for my small little home operation, especially since I plan on being able to claim that I am a patient and can by the wording in the state constitution which trumps any law, grow 6 plants.
Missourians need a central place to discuss these issues and inform each other when changes are made that we need to know about. I am expecting to see ads on tv and radio soon for MMJ doctors... and would like others to let us know if they see them first. As we go through the steps of starting a dispensary and commercial growing operation, we need to also let others know what we are finding there, cities who are opposing us, lawyers who are trying to take advantage, etc etc. I hope that other Missourians find this thread, and we can exchange the information we need.
I would like to see us start trying to organize a statewide meeting, where we can get together and discuss these ideas, swap seeds and just get to know some of the other players.
---Emmie

Personally, I wish they would just leave us alone and let us grow whatever we want. It isn't a cheap hobby, and to grow quality weed takes time and experience. And I love growing it - it is a beautiful plant and I keep learning more and more.
Statewide meetings sound too big and noisy. I'd be happier just having a trusted network of other growers for advice, cheering on and maybe a swap of a clone or two. But I'm nervous about it.
My husband would kill me if I got us nailed. And I don't blame him. He is not a smoker - he prefers scotch! LOL

It is my plan to get my card as soon as it is possible, just to be a patient. I will not register a home grow until this gets sorted out because I have no desire to have authorities traipsing through my house and insisting that I put locks on doors and up my fire insurance. I am willing to take the risk at this point of being caught and getting a slap on the wrist and don't much fear jail time any more for my small little home operation, especially since I plan on being able to claim that I am a patient and can by the wording in the state constitution which trumps any law, grow 6 plants.

This is pretty close to how I've decided to proceed over the next year or two. I won't register my grow until the dust has settled on how the state will proceed.

Statewide meetings sound too big and noisy. I'd be happier just having a trusted network of other growers for advice, cheering on and maybe a swap of a clone or two. But I'm nervous about it.

Yeah, I don't see myself attending a large meeting/convention. But I could see myself meeting a few folks for a dinner discussion or attending discrete "swap meets"

Hopefully the next year will go smoothly...

I live in Missouri. I’ve been growing stealth at home for three years. The new laws are not very clear at the moment, but theoretically a person can grow their own if they have a medical card, buy a license for $100 and submit to inspections.
I’m not willing to go legal yet. I’m nervous about being targeted.
I would love to hear from other Missouri growers or anyone who has dealt with going legal after laws passed.
Hi Friend, fellow Missourian here.
You are right, the laws are not in place yet and even though we technically go legal for MMJ tomorrow, no one can yet get a card and the facilities do not yet exist to take our applications. They are telling me that it will be June or July before this all gets sorted out and I have had it defined for me that even if we acquired a Medical card in another state, it will not be valid in Missouri.
Factor that in with the fact that many large jurisdictions are no longer prosecuting pot cases. Even if busted at this point, the things they can legally do to you at this moment are totally unclear.
Missourians need a central place to discuss these issues and inform each other when changes are made that we need to know about. I am expecting to see ads on tv and radio soon for MMJ doctors... and would like others to let us know if they see them first. As we go through the steps of starting a dispensary and commercial growing operation, we need to also let others know what we are finding there, cities who are opposing us, lawyers who are trying to take advantage, etc etc. I hope that other Missourians find this thread, and we can exchange the information we need.
I would like to see us start trying to organize a statewide meeting, where we can get together and discuss these ideas, swap seeds and just get to know some of the other players.
---Emmie
Well I'll tell ya, it's July 4, 2019 to even APPLY for a mm card in Missouri...4 days before my BD :p ... BUT...they're wanting to take away my gun rights if I get one...I'll remain anonymous thank you very much...But having a place for us in MO to get together would be great!! From South West MO myself, and we have some beautiful rivers to go canoeing...we could have a "cannabis canoe caravan"

I’m a little past my prime for a canoe trip, but i want to put together a group that can swap ideas, clones, etc.

I’m a little past my prime for a canoe trip, but i want to put together a group that can swap ideas, clones, etc.
Ha-ha I hear ya, I'm a lil past my prime too (51), but it don't stop me from acting like a kid...lol...but ok a "camping" trip w maybe some canoeing, and a lot of smoking, eating, and maybe a lil drinking, (don't drink much) and clarifying "eating" I make some awesome peanut cannabutter cookies...:p

Maybe we could get a Missouri growers thread on here, so we can swap ideas, if nothing else.

Im right there with all you,i found a place on weedmaps of a location supposbly on Independence ave with Dr,but it was bull crap next year 2019 is when license and Doctors will be more active and available. im staying stealth,but open to defently get this movement moving you all sound like some really good peeps, well hell you are shit!! Kc Mo, Chiefs Kingdom Pow wow sessions#StealthMode#SecreatSociety#Connect#Westport#Peace420Fam

im following all my Show me state Family Suavee Repping KCMO
That's actually a good idea Suavee...and I read the same thing, July 4, 2019 to even apply for an mm card, but check into it further cuz they're wanting to take away gun rights for mm card holders...THAT WILL JUST NOT DO...lmfao...I spent too much money to get my hunting rights back, can't own anything with a barrel shorter than 22inches...got it covered...:high-five:
30-06.jpg

The gun thing really pisses me off. They won’t enact laws to protect citizens from people who collect dangerous people killing guns. Alcoholics don’t need a card to buy booze. LOL

This is all really cool to hear (read) My dad lives in Missouri and mentioned that he'd considered bringing me down to help him set up a grow space. I told him I thought that might be a bit risky but this thread has me rethinking it. He's in a very rural area and would NOT apply for a card. He prefers to be off the radar and not have gov't up in his business. Maybe I'll ask if he's serious.... it'd be a kick doing a project like this with him!

The gun thing really pisses me off. They won’t enact laws to protect citizens from people who collect dangerous people killing guns. Alcoholics don’t need a card to buy booze. LOL
What do you mean by " They won’t enact laws to protect citizens from people who collect dangerous people killing guns." Do you mean "collectors" of weapons...lol...cuz I live in the great state of Missouri, where if someone tries to break into my house, I can shoot them dead...:rofl: ... j/k I only use mine for hunting deer and wild boar :yahoo:

Yeah, well I was stoned. LOL. Green thunder - great idea to set up a grow space. If you need any assistance, you’ve come to the right space.
If it helps, we can set up zones - and encourage people to help each other. For example, the greater Springfield area - Kansas City area - etc.
I’m in the greater Springfield area. So anybody within 100 miles of Springfield, I can help.

Mocha bud, I was trying to say that people who drink alcohol are allowed guns; people on antidepressants too. Why do I have to give up my guns while using medical mj?

Back
Top Bottom