Going Legal In Missouri: My Story

Pinktiger777

In 2016 I began to toy with the idea of growing my own medicine, as I couldn't get it legally but I needed it so I wouldn't have to take pain pills that carry side effects and can become addictive. I didn't have any local contacts. I'm a senior citizen (70 in September) and I don't hang out with the right crowd, if you get me. So at the time I had to buy from an online dealer and take my chances. Luckily, the site I found was legit, in that they would send you the weed. I never had a problem, and the shipments came in a few days from somewhere out West. But, it was expensive. Now I know I grow better weed than they had, but that's another story.
After talking my husband and stepdaughter into letting me grow, I began slow and finally got good enough to keep myself stocked.
And then Missouri made medical marijuana legal.
I was distrustful. I kept reading the rules over and over, and even asked a guy at the hydro supply store I go to about it. He encouraged me to go legal. He said there was no stigma. In my mind, I could envision a dozen people converging on my home to see my grow, carrying clipboards and being serious.
LOL.
For all I know, this may occur. But I'm legal.
What I did was go to an online site I found where I could get a telemedicine doctor in Missouri to meet with me and go over my health record. I uploaded my information, including my current meds and health issues, and the doctor asked me appropriate questions and we agreed on a diagnosis for the marijuana that fits current rules. We chose diabetic neuropathy, but I also had other things we could have used.

I received the proper paperwork immediately, and went online to the Missouri Department of Health, paid my fees and filled out the requisite paperwork online. I was approved.
Now I just wait for the card and the cultivation license, which was $25 and $100 respectively.
Has anyone else done this? Do you have a story? I would love to hear it.

Congrats Pinktiger777! Good on your stepdaughter and husband, give them a extra hug today. THere has been such a stigma for so long associated with the ganja around here I didn't think I'd have a chance in hell growing my own until my state when entirely legal. I got pain and probably could have come up with some legit ailment to get my card prior, but I'm a old knucklehead caveman...I don't go to doctor only the hospital! Plus to be honest, I don't get much pain relief from weed, just a buzz.

Once it did go full legal (12 plants!) I just happened to have broke my collar bone and was home all day for a while and since my wife and I have for some years been operating under "don't ask don't tell" policy when it comes to weed, I decided now is the time. I was a bit dissapointed, she didn't even argue with me about it! CHeers! :yahoo:

Congrats Pinktiger777! Good on your stepdaughter and husband, give them a extra hug today. THere has been such a stigma for so long associated with the ganja around here I didn't think I'd have a chance in hell growing my own until my state when entirely legal. I got pain and probably could have come up with some legit ailment to get my card prior, but I'm a old knucklehead caveman...I don't go to doctor only the hospital! Plus to be honest, I don't get much pain relief from weed, just a buzz.

Once it did go full legal (12 plants!) I just happened to have broke my collar bone and was home all day for a while and since my wife and I have for some years been operating under "don't ask don't tell" policy when it comes to weed, I decided now is the time. I was a bit dissapointed, she didn't even argue with me about it! CHeers! :yahoo:
That is great!

I just moved to MO and will get my caretaker grow permit soon, YAY! I'm in the Kansas City area. The rules are SO liberal, you can have 18 plants going at once wow! 6 small, 6 in veg and 6 in flower. I've done two, 4 month grows so far in another state, my last grow was 2 plants and got 4-5 zips per plant, very happy with that. I'll pop some seeds as soon as I settle in a month or so in a 5 x 5 tent, then after that I can do up to 6, we'll see.

Did you see the state counts, 15 thousand of us have growing permits!

I live in MO to and was approved for my card on 4/1 this year. I was hesitant to apply until emilya explained how easy it was. She was right, it took 7 days and $225 to get my card and cultivation license. Now when a helicopter flys over my farm I’m not worried their fliring my grow room anymore.

I live in MO to and was approved for my card on 4/1 this year. I was hesitant to apply until emilya explained how easy it was. She was right, it took 7 days and $225 to get my card and cultivation license. Now when a helicopter flys over my farm I’m not worried their fliring my grow room anymore.
Yes, it is amazing when you no longer have to fear the law.
I have a lot less anxiety these days. LOL. We are friends with the local fuzz and they are always coming by to say hi, and now I don't have to wonder if anything is visible or sniffable.

I'm legal in Missouri, been growing a long long time, like 40 years. Being a Veteran a local doctor did the exam for $75, card was $25, grow was $100 and that's per year.

It's nice, I make my own edibles, plenty to smoke to help my PTSD. I grow a lot of Autoflowering, 70-90 days average 7-11 oz a plant so I only need to grow 2 really. There's plenty of excess so make it into oil and concentrate.

No more legal anxiety is great. Next is Zkittlez auto, highly recommended, great flavor and high THC.

Back
Top Bottom