MMJ and pain, reverse effect?

ItsChrome

Ok so I have a broken tooth with exposed nerve and it hurts like hell. It gets pulled on Thursday(thank god) but sincei have grown weary of living in a vicodine haze I have been just smoking more each day than i normally would for my anxiety/depression. How ever get this if i am having a major pain attack and smoke I find the pain worsens. I am 99% sure its just my stoned self focusing on the pain more which is causing this. So i have to ask any one else ever exp this or am i just nuts? Oh the weed I have has a nice syrupy body buzz with the right amount of buzzy headness.

yeah i tried clove oil when i first started to exp my tooth pain. It worked fine untill the pain intensified. that is when I started on the vic's like two months ago. The doc game me tramadol to replace the vic's since i was weary of the narcotics. I never want to take that again. totally useless and made me sleep for a week. blah. either day one more day till its all gone. Its just weird how it get worse when i smoke, like i said its probably just me though.

Sativa will make your pain worse because it enhances the thinking process...
Indica will make it better because it slows the communication process from the brain to the pain area and back.

What are you smoking?

Sativa will make your pain worse because it enhances the thinking process...
Indica will make it better because it slows the communication process from the brain to the pain area and back.

What are you smoking?

That makes sense, and to be honest I am smoking some "decent mid's"(take that for what ever you want) that I bought mainly for bag seeds to grow and mess around with. :straightface: The buzz is a heavy body with a buzzy head. Its probably a 60/40 ish indica dominant. but who knows..

I find that with certain pain from an injury like a sprained ankle or a bad cut or scrape that is healing, smoking herb makes the pain seem more intense, and I'm more focused on it.

But for other pain, like when my back is locked up from muscle spasms or arthritis pain in my fingers, smoking helps immensely.

I've found tooth pain the one thing cannabis can't help me with... too close to my brain or something. Thought I was going to go insane with pain after getting dry sockets from pulled wisdom teeth.

Dry sockets are where your skin does not heal over the open wisdom tooth hole, and so your bone and nerves are exposed. Very painful.

:thedoubletake:

ugh I dont want that. Hey question for those of you that have had a tooth removed, should I ask for pain meds?? will i need them after??

Dry sockets are where your skin does not heal over the open wisdom tooth hole, and so your bone and nerves are exposed. Very painful.
So so very painful, but smoking or sucking on a straw could be the cause of dry sockets.
I also agree that MMJ is better for back pain, headaches and muscle spasms. Had back surgery but the pain is still pretty bad even after 1 year and 1/2. MMJ doesn't necessarily take the pain away it helps to function daily while trying not to take pills. Had a really bad infection on one side of my gum and MMJ didn't help. I wonder if tea made with it would do a better job...I hope not to have to find out.

Hey every one thanks for your replies. Tooth come out at 10:30 in the morning and i am super nervous. I am smoking my last bowl for a while right now.

Ok so I have a broken tooth with exposed nerve and it hurts like hell. It gets pulled on Thursday(thank god) but sincei have grown weary of living in a vic*dine haze I have been just smoking more each day than i normally would for my anxiety/depression. How ever get this if i am having a major pain attack and smoke I find the pain worsens. I am 99% sure its just my stoned self focusing on the pain more which is causing this. So i have to ask any one else ever exp this or am i just nuts? Oh the weed I have has a nice syrupy body buzz with the right amount of buzzy headness.

Lol, weed's pain killing relief can't touch vi*odin when it comes to tooth pain. I doubt that it intensifies the pain, that's probably your imagination.

When you DO get the tooth pulled, i would recommend not smoking ANYTHING for a week or so, because you don't want the pulled tooth to form into a dryed out socket of pain and oral hatred.

The doc game me tramadol to replace the vic's since i was weary of the narcotics. I never want to take that again. totally useless and made me sleep for a week. blah.

Woah, woah... i know it's customary practice to bash other medicine and hold up MMJ as the shining grail, but c'mon dude! Give it some credit. It kept you (rather) pain free for a total of two months (your words)

Back
Top Bottom