Molasses for stickier buds?

Just a note....I would add the molasses to your water as you use it, not mixing a large amount at a time for future use. I found that when I mixed a bulk amount of nutes with molasses at a time, it would ferment and pressurize my storage container. Just my 2 cents.

:rollit:ive been using agave nectar raw along w/ molasses, pure cane and brown sugar and organic maple syrup. its better than bud candy. 1tbsp of each in a gal. luke warm water. many carbs and sugars as well as minerals.

dude i tried it and it worked very good but it brought on problems with wildlife this year i been fighting deer at the beginning and now since i live in the catskill mtns got problems with bears,mean ass wild pigs,racoons,and evrey other creature in the woods so growing outdoor it brings alot of problems i been using it since may4th at 1 1/2 tbs per gallon of water and i noticed a difference from last year and this year only thing different was molasses and the wildlife it brought in but it works

I've heard of 24-36 hours of darkness before a harvest but 2 wks ! c'mon sounds like a miss typed word or something ! I've also heard that stressing your plant the last few days like scratching up the main stems a bit, cold temps (ice water) maybe play a little ABBA ! If you really want to stress them play some Yoko Ono for them :yikes:
I'm trying to say something but it won't come out. 2 weeks of the best budding if their life!!! NOOO. A day maybe but two weeks!
btw. It took me twenty minutes to compose myself to write this. Thank you ol hippy, you made my day.

Hey guys i a complete noob, i'm on my first grow i have 2 Lemon kush (regular and one Black diesel (auto) in a soil mix. i just bought some unsulphered black strap and wondered how often i am meant to feed the girls it?

Nope , only use unsulphured , never ever the high sodium type.

There is a search feature on the site, up top and its loaded with info from quality long time growers... use it for your betterment and the betterment of your crops!

Only use during bloom and no more then every other watering/feeding with one tablespoon per gallon water. I use purchase molasses at a local restaurant supply outlet(Cash and carry, if you have one near by?) for approx. 11 bucks a gallon. best price I have found. Good gardening to ya!

Hey guys i a complete noob, i'm on my first grow i have 2 Lemon kush (regular and one Black diesel (auto) in a soil mix. i just bought some unsulphered black strap and wondered how often i am meant to feed the girls it?

You can actually start using molasses in veg as this is not a fertilizer, but rather a conditioner: food for bacteria to be exact. Adding molasses does little if anything in chemical-based grows, but it's a big help in organics definitely. AND ONCE MORE; YOUR PLANTS ARE NOT ABLE TO UPTAKE ANY SUGARS :)

I used one tablespoon of unsulphered molasses once a week during Veg & Flower. The trick is to do it, so that it breaks down into the soil and then let the plants feed off of the soil. The only problem that I had with molasses was that it does promote gnats. They love that sweet stuff, so if you see some gnats, stop the molasses and remove some of the topsoil. Gnats will feed off of the roots, so they need to be taken care of if seen. I got my problem with the gnats solved by using a wet vac & I sucked all of them out along with approx 2 inches of topsoil. :high-five: I then replaced the topsoil with some fresh soil.

The molasses is a great additive and provides the soil with Cal/Mag & other macro nutrients, which the plants do uptake. They don't take up the sugars, but the sugars are broken down in the soil and eaten up by the healthy bacteria, which eventually die after procreation and then their microscopic remains are utilized by our dear cannabis plants. :circle-of-love:

Also, my harvest came out very smooth, sweet & sometimes it almost takes like you can actually taste molasses when smoking it.

:peace:

I've heard of 24-36 hours of darkness before a harvest but 2 wks ! c'mon sounds like a miss typed word or something ! I've also heard that stressing your plant the last few days like scratching up the main stems a bit, cold temps (ice water) maybe play a little ABBA ! If you really want to stress them play some Yoko Ono for them :yikes:

Anything you can do to provoke your plants in the last two weeks of flower will help out tons. Make them mad, kick the containers, throw them outside in the cold, forget to water them, drive small tacs into the stems, bend, but don't break their branches, reduce the light schedule 1 hour each week before harvest. You want to trick the plants into thinking they are dying! If they think they are going to die, then they are going to concentrate all of their efforts into producing more trichs in a last ditch effort to pollinate.

2 weeks is the key, not before! This will not give them enough time to herm. I even got one of my females to throw nanners out of her colas in an effort to self pollinate herself with female pollen.

Anything you can do to irritate them, do it, they will love you for it!

:peace:

Thanks guys really appreciate the help. conradino23 I am using a 1 part compost 1part perlite mix and chemical nutes does this mean using molasses in veg and flowering stages is ineffective? or will it break down the compost? i bought a case of the stuff on amazon so i might need to invest in some all organic nutes any suggestions of what to get? i live in the uk and most gardening places here do not offer a wide variety of organic nutes. :)

Compost is a great basis for soil mix, but it has to be an organic one to truly benefit from its content. Chemical nutes kill all your microbes, so adding molasses will just sweeten the soil while there's nobody left to feed on it, so the whole point is lost. I feel that adding molasses in that kind of grow is nothing more than make-believe. And you'll need to flush it on the top to prevent salt buildup, which will destroy natural balance even more.

Chemical Nutes will kill all your Bennie's in the soil, as for using molasses at this stage of the game would do you no good.
Conradino23 shared with us some damn good information point on.
GL & HG

As Dowg said, mycorrhizae and rhizobacteria will be killed dead. That's the sad truth about chemical fertilizer based agriculture. The more I read about extensive use of sulphates and other nitrogen rich chems the clearer it's for me. Did you know that after fertilizing your crops that way most of this stuff gets flushed away as soil molecules cannot bind it? And then it goes to our rivers and underground waters? But the thing is that you sterilize your soil that way, so it becomes nothing more than a pile of dead matter, which won't provide your plants with anything if not constantly fertilized.

Just an update to some new science regarding mycorrhizae, I was reading a journal last week and someone linked a scientific study regarding mycorrhizae and salt based nutrients. Great Mycorrhiza Information

I did not re-read this whole thread but I believe the link is in that thread. If not with some research I am sure you could find it yourself.

Basically mycorrhizae feeds off the nutrients and does not die but survives and thrives quite well in soil-less mixes where salt based nutrients are utilized.

I was involved in a debate with a friend regarding this issue specifically(taking the side mycorrhizae died in salt based nutrients) when I came across the study, after reading it I told my friend about the study and told him he was right, I then proceeded to order mycorrhizae for my plants.

Hope this helps.

:woohoo:This is good new for me then? i'm using a compost and perlite mix? molasses may work after all? :O i should flower one with molasses and one with out and compare weights!

:woohoo:This is good new for me then? i'm using a compost and perlite mix? molasses may work after all? :O i should flower one with molasses and one with out and compare weights!

The study did not involve anything other then mycorrhizae, in compost you will find lots of other micro-organisms that may be effected by salt based nutrients. I have not read anything involving their survival in salt based nutrients.

Yes you should do one with, and one without to test your hypothesis.

Back
Top Bottom