Munki's 576 Watt LED & Hempy Style Flower Power

Wow! That ogre really is a sativa dominate strain. She's beautiful! They all look really great!

Glad to hear that you're past the heat wave. The plants look none the worse for it. They all look to be doing really nicely.

Great Job Munki! Can't wait to see where things go from here!

:thumb:

Flower day 38. HPS bulb replaced. Tent is now OMFG bright! :trance::riskybusiness: LUX readings are now going off the charts with 100000 LUX readings found at spot 12 inches under the hood and if I get close enough, the intensity exceeds the meter's 200000 LUX limit. It is a 100 % power but I did not realize how much decay had occurred in the previous bulb. I'll step the power back to 75 % tomorrow, but I wanted to give the bulb some burn in time at its rated power first.

Wow! That ogre really is a sativa dominate strain. She's beautiful! They all look really great!

Glad to hear that you're past the heat wave. The plants look none the worse for it. They all look to be doing really nicely.

Great Job Munki! Can't wait to see where things go from here!

:thumb:

Let's see if Ogre fattens up under the new bulb! :blalol:

Flower day 39. I did not see any adverse problems with the ballast running at 100% so I left it at full power for now. Humidity has become the bigger issue though it should pass. Had some rains move through today. Very unusual weather this year.

100210-pic4.JPG

100210-pic5.JPG

100210-pic6.JPG

100210-pic7.JPG

100210-pic8.JPG

100210-pic9.JPG

100210-pic10.JPG

Flower day 40. Plants are looking great. Satori 3 looks to be getting bigger, filling out its space. Master Kush appears to be heading for an earlier finish as I did a spot check and found some cloudy trichs. Prediction is for a harvest date around the next last quarter moon, about 4 weeks.

Cleared out dropped and dying leaves. Many fall from Ogre and a few from the Satori. The indica dominant Master Kush and especially the Blueberry Wowie resist dropping leaves.

Flower day 41. I took a good look at the plants and I am seeing some nutrient stress/burn in the Satori; both the flowering plants and the two biggest clones. Seems the faster they grow, the more prone to burn. My guess is that they have needed more water from the hot days and this strong nutrient solution either concentrates too high in the root zone or is burning the leaves. Also, the calyxes seem to not be maturing. New to the strain, so I am not sure if this is normal or not. Smells great though.

The Wowie and Kush are maturing nicely.

The weather outside has now cooled and we have been having misting rains. Truly weird weather. Hypothesis: The humidity has been elevated for several days now. This coupled with the intense light and added warmth of the HPS could be overheating the leaves and they can't cool down in the high humidity so that is why the leaves droop down.

100410-pic4.JPG

Satori 3
100410-pic5.JPG

Satori 1
100410-pic9.JPG

Master Kush
100410-pic7.JPG

100410-pic6.JPG

Blueberry
100410-pic8.JPG

100410-pic11.JPG

Ogre
100410-pic10.JPG

100410-pic12.JPG

Here are the clones. You can see the nute burn on one of the big plants on the left side.

100410-pic1.JPG

100410-pic2.JPG

100410-pic3.JPG

All Mandala strains are extremely efficient in nutrient uptake due to their hybrid vigor and require only low EC levels/feeding to develop huge leaf, stem and bud structure. Satori is a high yielding, powerful plant with an exceptional sativa high. The heavy buds are easy to manicure, and from the resinous bud leaves you can produce finest grade hash, comparable in quality to the famous Nepalese "temple balls".

Great journal munki! Sorry I arrived late but you did an amazing job. I wish I will one day be able to grow like you do! Sub'ed for the rest of the journey :)

Right on, glad you found it. There are many grow journals, so it is easy to get lost in the shuffle of the forum. Yeah, plants are fattening up and glistening in trichs, so it should be fun to watch.

You can grow like I do. My first grow was only last year! :;):

All Mandala strains are extremely efficient in nutrient uptake due to their hybrid vigor and require only low EC levels/feeding to develop huge leaf, stem and bud structure. Satori is a high yielding, powerful plant with an exceptional sativa high. The heavy buds are easy to manicure, and from the resinous bud leaves you can produce finest grade hash, comparable in quality to the famous Nepalese "temple balls".

Isn't that straight from the seed description? Sounds very familiar. I can now attest to this though lets see how much yield I get from them. Glad to have you aboard, da goon.

:peacetwo:

Flower day 42. Finishing up six weeks of flower. Blueberry Wowie and Master Kush still appear to be heading for a chop date within 3 -4 weeks now! I've been busy with other things, so the time has seemed to pass quickly.

I checked the nutrient concentration and pH tonight after the pump ran. There is a mixing pump in the reservoir drum that runs with the main pump so I figured that would be the best time to get an accurate reading.

TDS reading 778 ppm (EC 1.56)

pH reading 5.7

Not too bad considering I mixed it a week ago.

they look like their gonna be some fire. how long are they suppose to go in flower? looks like their close to being done?

are you happy with the lights and the size of ur buds?

looks tasty bro:yummy:

Three of the plants are bagseeds, so it is unknown what the expected flower time is, but I am expecting to harvest the Blueberry Wowie and Master Kush in about 2 - 3 weeks time (Indica Dominant). I expect that the Ogre and Satori will be going for a few weeks pass that (Sativa Dominant).

Buds are still fattening up, but overall I have been happy with the experience so far. This grow is not a good indication of the LED's ability to finish flower as I have the HPS augmenting the LED light. In a future grow, I will be growing a SOG or ScrOG which will be better geared for LED lights strengths.

My goal on this grow was just to see what each strain's growth characteristics were and to find some mother plants. Yield was secondary but that won't always be the case!

:thanks: for the questions, IrishBoy!

Flower day 44. All is well in the flower room. Some clones are starting to take off, so they will be getting cropped soon.

Flower day 45. Lots of pics from around the garden to share tonight.

100810-pic5.JPG
100810-pic6.JPG
100810-pic12.JPG
100810-pic10.JPG
100810-pic11.JPG
100810-pic7.JPG
100810-pic8.JPG
100810-pic9.JPG
100810-pic17.JPG
100810-pic18.JPG
100810-pic13.JPG
100810-pic15.JPG
100810-pic16.JPG
100810-pic14.JPG

Hey Munki,

Those are looking very nice. The Blueberry looks like she is doing better. She really was not all that bad I guess though. Keep it up.

Quick question if I may. Do you ever notice the L.E.D's making it difficult to really look at the trichs? Seems like it might just be eye torture. I only ask because I am thinking of adding one.

Thanks brother!

Hey Munki,

Those are looking very nice. The Blueberry looks like she is doing better. She really was not all that bad I guess though. Keep it up.

Quick question if I may. Do you ever notice the L.E.D's making it difficult to really look at the trichs? Seems like it might just be eye torture. I only ask because I am thinking of adding one.

Thanks brother!

Blueberry is creating very nice buds. The leaves can look funky but the plant itself appears healthy with a stout main stem.

101010-pic7.JPG

Here is the Master Kush with its LED unplugged. Just HPS light and color adjusted.

101010-pic6.JPG

The tent from last night. Too tired to post yesterday.

101010-pic4.JPG

I've gotten used to the LEDs especially with the HPS filling in the brightness. No good for looking at trichs though. Better to cut a couple of small sugar leaves and look at them in better light and on a table.

Back
Top Bottom