The Munki's Playground

Flower day 57; starting week 9. Well, from the looks of things, I will be dumping out the reservoir on Sunday, do a flush with Clearex, then run regular water for another week. Harvest should occur around day 65. Plan on doing another spray down to battle that damned Powdery Mildew around day 62 - 63. Thinking of using pH 10 water to finish up the plants.

Reservoir has been a steady 5.7 once enough pH up got added.

051311-pic1.JPG

Took these pics with just the flash and a few with only the ambient florescent lighting.

051311-pic2.JPG
051311-pic3.JPG
051311-pic4.JPG
051311-pic5.JPG
051311-pic6.JPG
051311-pic7.JPG

You can see the PM in the shot below. Man, it is sure a pest with this strain.

051311-pic8.JPG
051311-pic9.JPG

Flower day 59. Reservoir dump was performed today. In went 10 gallons of RO water with 5 ounces of Clearex and the system was run 3 times over the course of an hour. The reservoir was again drained and filled with about 13 gallons of RO water and 6 ounces of Clearex. This will be the plants source of water for the rest of the grow.

PM looked pretty bad. Not too happy about it but I blame the strain. Looks to get weak at the end of its life cycle. I went ahead and used the rest of my SNS fungacide spray on a couple of plants. Used high pH water on the center plant. If the PM turns out to be bad on the end product, I'll turn it into Cannabutter.

Though this Ogre strain has a lot going for it, this PM sensitivity has me at wits end. Glad to be done with it.

051511-pic1.JPG
051511-pic2.JPG
051511-pic3.JPG

You can see some of the "wind damage" on the leaves in this shot caused by the oscillating fan.

051511-pic4.JPG
051511-pic5.JPG
051511-pic6.JPG

sup munki. you're looking good my friend. :thumb:

Hey WoF, long time no see. Glad you could stop by and check out the grow. Nothing too special this time. Hope to do a proper ScrOG again in the future. Will need to get a new strain though.

Bummer on the PM Munki. Did the fan do that by blowing on the leaves or did it chop them?

Actually on the windward side there was not a PM problem. The leaves had wind damage, but on the calmer leeward side is where the the PM spread most. Over the past couple of days, the fans were not on except intake and exhaust.

Flower day 62. Today I mixed up about 1 quart of RO water with a bit of pH up and down to get the pH to the high 8 - low 9 range and heavily sprayed the plants from top to bottom in hopes of knocking down any PM areas. Plants were left outside of the tent to dry over a couple of hours, then put them back into the tent. Lights have been taken offline, so the plants will remain in the dark for the duration. They will only get their automatic waterings and airflow until chop time. I'm thinking of cutting off the water a day early, but not sure about that right now. Open for anyone's opinion if they would like to share.

Sorry to hear about the PM but your ladies still look beautiful imo. Hopefully the pm wont cause much harm to your harvest.

:goodluck: my friend

Hey Munki I saw sulfur dust at Lowes earlier today for treating pm on plants including veggies... you probably don't want to use it at this point but just thought I'd let you know. Good luck fighting that shit... :peace:

Hey Munki I saw sulfur dust at Lowes earlier today for treating pm on plants including veggies... you probably don't want to use it at this point but just thought I'd let you know. Good luck fighting that shit... :peace:

Sorry to hear about the PM but your ladies still look beautiful imo. Hopefully the pm wont cause much harm to your harvest.

:goodluck: my friend

Yeah, it is far too late for any sulfur treatments at this point unless you like the taste of rotten eggs! The buds being small has its advantages when considering the PM issues as it is hard for it to get into something that isn't there to begin with. Plan is to use most of the resin for hash or cannabutter and save the smaller bud clusters for smoke.

It has been a bit over 9 weeks ... HARVEST DAY! :party:

After spraying down the plants with the high pH water back on Wednesday, I put them into the dark tent and turned off the water. They have been in that state for 2 1/2 days until now. The PM appears to have been well controlled. I only saw a bit on some sugar leaves on a center stem in the middle of the center plant where I did not get a good enough spraying. Very happy with this result. Those leaves were tossed with the fan leaves.

Buds while being smaller, otherwise look great. No fluffy buds anywhere. They should dry into nice smoke for sure.

Onward with the pics!

052111-pic1.JPG

Plant on Left.

052111-pic2.JPG

052111-pic3.JPG

It's buds...

052111-pic4.JPG

Middle Plant.

052111-pic5.JPG

052111-pic6.JPG

Plant on Right.

052111-pic7.JPG

052111-pic8.JPG

The trim; it is over 2 inches deep and smells terrific!

052111-pic9.JPG

All the buds. There are two rows. I separated the different plants by putting a red clothes clip on the strings. The middle plant is to the right of the clips on both strings. Left plant in the back, and right plant to the front.

052111-pic10.JPG

All in all, it took me 5 hours but I carefully snip each leaf at its petiole. Whew! Time for a nap.

Congrats on your harvest Munki :woohoo:

I'll bet that wore you out, I was tired after trimming 3 little clones this morning and I didn't do nearly the job you did... hope they're great smoke for you :bravo:

Great job, bro!!! Way to overcome that pm, too! Make sure you clean your area good, spores are probably everywhere, don't need to develop that problem with your next grow too!

Congrats on your harvest Munki :woohoo:

I'll bet that wore you out, I was tired after trimming 3 little clones this morning and I didn't do nearly the job you did... hope they're great smoke for you :bravo:

Yeah, I slept hard last night!

Great job, bro!!! Way to overcome that pm, too! Make sure you clean your area good, spores are probably everywhere, don't need to develop that problem with your next grow too!

From what I've learned, you really cannot eliminate mold spores unless you are working in an infectious disease clean room. Due to the environment I live, I need to find strains resistant to it. On the last grow, I had a Master Kush plant that grew with the Ogre and Satori. It never got PM and I did nothing to prevent it from getting it while the other plants had PM in different degrees.

I do agree that a good cleaning is important nonetheless.

High Munki, that's a very nice harvest you've got hanging there :thumb:

If you can beat PM by changing strains, that sounds like the ticket... but if not, I've had some positive experience with these folks' products.

Advanced-Air- Purification.com - Home

Their cleaners are worth looking at.

Thanks for the tip. Doesn't look to be a stand alone unit. Did you build it into some kind of recirculating blower?

Thanks for the tip. Doesn't look to be a stand alone unit. Did you build it into some kind of recirculating blower?

There is a stand alone unit about 4" square x 16" tall. IIRC it's about 600 beans. There is also one that goes into the HVAC supply duct. I don't really know if it would effect WPM?

I was thinking more that the spray would just get rid of PM spores.

Back
Top Bottom