Munki's "Al Naturale" Autoflower Outdoor Escursion - 2011

Thanks for the support everyone. Yeah, no large amount of cash lost here and I was not depending on this crop for anything; just a summer project. :thanks:

Day 70, midday. Got some pics to show what I found. 11 caterpillars were in the soil this morning. When I went over the plant, I pulled 3 more small ones. They weren't totally dead but were extremely lethargic.

082111-pic1.JPG

Here is what I would see when a bud would come off.

082111-pic2.JPG

Here is the grey mold spot. The damn caterpillar went right up the meristem, sucking and consuming the tender flesh. The grey mold is at the bottom either caused by defecation or being the terminus of where the xylem would flow up, kept that area wet, making it a prime spot for mold to form. I hit that area with a magnifying glass in the sun to heat it. May kill the top of the plant, but that area is pretty decimated anyways.

082111-pic3.JPG
082111-pic4.JPG

Here is what I pulled off. Threw away stuff on left and am drying stuff on right. Many times the caterillar would get at the stem feeding the budlet, weakening the support and aging the bud, but not directly getting into the bud. Did see other areas where they would worm their way into the seed pods too.

082111-pic5.JPG

And here she is now. Photos aren't great but she is not very photogenic anymore.

082111-pic6.JPG
082111-pic7.JPG
082111-pic8.JPG

BTW, smell is fading. Could only smell plant and resins on my fingers, so that's a plus. Also, I used a compressed air dusting can all over the plant to get out various nasties.

Sorry for your loss my friend, but look at all the positives....I had a small mold issue last grow on the fattest cola, and lost the bottom half, but.... this month that nug is runnin strong in NOTM. SOOO....I'm just sayin don't sweat the small stuff, think of all the bountyfull harvests you've had to the miniscule amout you lost to those budbandit swindlers, I'm with my buddy Propa, make sure you get their hookahs, small thieves eat the plant but they pack their bowls with 100% trichomes, mmmmmmm.....Whoa, I'm ripped, took me a long time to type this with a PS3 controller...One told me this a long time ago when I was living a different kina life...Peace, God Bless, and Goodnight:peace:

Bummer Munki. I'm so sorry that this didn't go to plan. I see a lot of people pointing out some positive sides to this, including you, and that's a good thing - it's true this could have been much worse. This was a summer experiment, and you learned a bunch. Mission accomplished in at least those regards.

Take care my friend - sending vibes for better luck on your next grow. :goodluck:

Bummer Munki. I'm so sorry that this didn't go to plan. I see a lot of people pointing out some positive sides to this, including you, and that's a good thing - it's true this could have been much worse. This was a summer experiment, and you learned a bunch. Mission accomplished in at least those regards.

Take care my friend - sending vibes for better luck on your next grow. :goodluck:

Wait for it...

Oh yeah, and F*ck caterpillars. Bastards. ;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

We were all thinking it anyway!!!
:allgood:

Thanks guys. Yeah, I logically know it is not a big loss for me, but emotionally I'm crushed and grieving. It will pass.

Day 71, afternoon. Well, let's see what the plant looks like after 1 1/2 days in that fog. All exposed surfaces appear to be dead. She is still alive and green in the middle. The fogger may not have put off an oily residue, but it definitely was not residue free. I had a LED panel in that tent held up by two chains. The chains now look like they were powder coated and one part even appears to be a bit rusted. F*CK! Hope it does not affect my panel too much, but I may have screwed that up now. This is why I prefer prevention over treatments.

082211-pic1.JPG
082211-pic2.JPG

I'll put her in the darkness tonight and tomorrow then harvest her tomorrow night. Not sure what I'll do with her though. She at least does not stink of that fogger anymore.

Sometimes a grow can inspire ... other times the tale is cautionary ... however, it is always informative. That is why I journal them.

I don't think she'll go for POTM though. :rollingeyes:

Sometimes a grow can inspire ... other times the tale is cautionary ... however, it is always informative. That is why I journal them.

I don't think she'll go for POTM though. :rollingeyes:

Wow...that really blows Munki.

You're right though, at least because of your journal we can all learn, :thanks: for that. It's just so sad to see her like that...

Not that there's much you can do about it now, but were there any warnings on that fogger that it was corrosive?

Hey sorry to hear about the beaut of a plant.
On another note u did grow one helluva plant. Keep up the really informative journals buddy. Glad to have had the pleasure of reading the journal
Peace

Wow...that really blows Munki.

You're right though, at least because of your journal we can all learn, :thanks: for that. It's just so sad to see her like that...

Not that there's much you can do about it now, but were there any warnings on that fogger that it was corrosive?

No, but closer inspection did mention to remove plants from the room. Thought it was a generic warning. Checked the web again and found a cannabis thread on another site where someone used the same one I did and it burned his plants too. Tough lesson learned for sure.

Hey sorry to hear about the beaut of a plant.
On another note u did grow one helluva plant. Keep up the really informative journals buddy. Glad to have had the pleasure of reading the journal
Peace

Hey, thanks for checkin' in and reading my journal, HerbFarma. She was gorgeous at the beginning of the month. I will make a screened in shelter for outdoor plants next time to keep the bigger bugs away.

Ah Hell Munki - I feel so bummed about this for you. I think we all know the amount of love, attention, hope and care goes into what we do, and what you did with your plant. These kind of endings are our worst nightmares, and we've all had it happen to some degree -- or will unfortunately. Hang in there buddy. Can't wait to see your next grow! :)

Day 72, afternoon. Harvested plant today. Left her in the garage overnight and during the day today. Just chopped her at the base and hung her to dry. She is still green and pretty vibrant inside where the caterpillars did not get. Rubbing these areas still elicit a good, fruity smell.

082311-pic1.JPG
082311-pic2.JPG

Took some pics of the rootball. Looks pretty good and smells nice. Dirt is good this way over hydro. The taproot did not get too big. Roots branched and meshed out quite nicely. BTW, I do not have some funky skin disease; pics were done with flash in late afternoon sun so where there were shadows, my flesh looks bruised and purple.

082311-pic3.JPG
082311-pic5.JPG
082311-pic4.JPG

I think you should enter I have never seen a pitty vote /Never No that pic is so stunning you might have a chance

Maybe I will though I did not want to be the guy that had to go for the pity vote!

Ah Hell Munki - I feel so bummed about this for you. I think we all know the amount of love, attention, hope and care goes into what we do, and what you did with your plant. These kind of endings are our worst nightmares, and we've all had it happen to some degree -- or will unfortunately. Hang in there buddy. Can't wait to see your next grow! :)

Yeah, I'm very happy that my first grow went so well. Helps me through mistakes like this. Otherwise, I'd figure I was no good at this growing business.

Live and learn, eh Munki? I can relate - I've still not had ONE harvest this year. I'm pathetic....

That sucks man! Directing Xlr8's comment your way too then. I can get a plant to grow great; its those last couple of weeks that I get a problem and there are limited things to do in order to correct the situation. Plus, there is much at stake by then.

Still like what I saw in this autoflower and highly recommend everyone give them a shot even if it is just for fun or a side project. So many variables are just set to AUTO, that it nearly allows one to plant, water, chop, and smoke.

:thanks: everyone for following along with my summer excursion!

Back
Top Bottom