My first attempt at gummies

Doctor Trevor

To start, I want to point out that mistakes were made. This is not to say the finished product is unusable but. Mistakes. Were. Made.

I followed the Magical Butter tincture recipe. I put 1.6 ounces of handcrushed bud into the MBM, along with 3 cups or pure grain alcohol. I set the machine to 130 degrees for eight hours.

The MBM is a nice device. Makes things very easy. Only wish it wasn't so loud when it runs... but I digress.

After eight hours, I ran the mixture (reduced to two cups) through a french press and put the tincture into 2 one mason jars.

I pulled a recipe from the MBM website: How To Make Magical Gummies | Herb

For the four boxes of flavored gelatin, I used two raspberry and two mango. For the fruit juice and fruit flavoring, I went with mango.

I was suppose to reduce the tincture until it was like molasses. I didn't go as far as this as it started smelling a little burnt. I added the jello solution and mixed it well.

Second mistake was not having enough candy molds; I didn't know how much candy I was making. The molds filled up quickly and I was forced to use plastic shot glasses for the rest... about a dozen of them.

I let the candies sit in the fridge for about two hours, much longer than needed to set. But they didn't completely set. I had trouble getting them out of the molds; they were too soft. I blame it on the mbo not reduced enough.

I was happy with the flavor. The mango hits you first, followed by the raspberry. The cannabis flavor was in the background.

About twenty minutes after eating two of the small gummi's, the Dark Angel-strained candies started working. My body aches were reduced and my head felt a little light. I will be trying three at a time shortly as I have no where to go.

I'll buy an appropriate sauce pan for the next time. And some more candy molds.
156249243_202030205045258_2469689605281602838_n.jpg

When I end up with extra gummy mix, I just pull out a sheet of wax paper and make a bunch of "dots"
about as big as silver dollars-they peel right off after they set up- the Mrs. actually likes them better than the "real" gummies.

Something to remember next time.

The 'gummie in a cup' seems simple enough to keep. And a quarter teaspoon should be a proper dose. I tried three gummies at noon, today. Too much, I thought. Gonna stick with two.

Yeah, I ate 3 of mine just once...definitely too much, and lasted way too long- but hey, somebody's gotta test 'em :)

Try making coconut oil instead of a tincture. Then this is a good recipe:

1/2 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Magical Coconut Oil
1/4 Cup Light Corn Syrup
2 3oz boxes of flavored Jello
3 packets of unflavored gelatin

Combine all in a pot, whisk over medium high heat until it bubbles for about 39 seconds. Pour into an empty squeeze bottle. Wrap bottle with old towel, it will be hot still, dispense into molds. Batch fills 4 sheets of the smaller bears, 3 sheets of the bigger ones.

To start, I want to point out that mistakes were made. This is not to say the finished product is unusable but. Mistakes. Were. Made.

I followed the Magical Butter tincture recipe. I put 1.6 ounces of handcrushed bud into the MBM, along with 3 cups or pure grain alcohol. I set the machine to 130 degrees for eight hours.

The MBM is a nice device. Makes things very easy. Only wish it wasn't so loud when it runs... but I digress.

After eight hours, I ran the mixture (reduced to two cups) through a french press and put the tincture into 2 one mason jars.

I pulled a recipe from the MBM website: How To Make Magical Gummies | Herb

For the four boxes of flavored gelatin, I used two raspberry and two mango. For the fruit juice and fruit flavoring, I went with mango.

I was suppose to reduce the tincture until it was like molasses. I didn't go as far as this as it started smelling a little burnt. I added the jello solution and mixed it well.

Second mistake was not having enough candy molds; I didn't know how much candy I was making. The molds filled up quickly and I was forced to use plastic shot glasses for the rest... about a dozen of them.

I let the candies sit in the fridge for about two hours, much longer than needed to set. But they didn't completely set. I had trouble getting them out of the molds; they were too soft. I blame it on the mbo not reduced enough.

I was happy with the flavor. The mango hits you first, followed by the raspberry. The cannabis flavor was in the background.

About twenty minutes after eating two of the small gummi's, the Dark Angel-strained candies started working. My body aches were reduced and my head felt a little light. I will be trying three at a time shortly as I have no where to go.

I'll buy an appropriate sauce pan for the next time. And some more candy molds.
156249243_202030205045258_2469689605281602838_n.jpg
Try dusting your molds with corn starch first and your gunmies will come out better

When I end up with extra gummy mix, I just pull out a sheet of wax paper and make a bunch of "dots"
about as big as silver dollars-they peel right off after they set up- the Mrs. actually likes them better than the "real" gummies.
That’s an awesome idea! Love that!

Try dusting your molds with corn starch first and your gunmies will come out better
I read this afterwards. My gummies are so soft, more like jello than gummies. I doubt the starch would help.

I'm going to pour the shot glasses into small mason jars. A quarter of a teaspoon should be enough.

Made a second batch of gummies today. While reading over the directions, I realized how much I fucked things up last time. I feel much more confident in these ones.

gummies.jpg

Back
Top Bottom