My First Grow - Advice Welcome!

No problem man!!!! I was in your shoes once and needed all the help in the world. Fox farm is a great choice. That is actually what i used before going TLO style (True Living Organic). I basically make all of my own fertilizer and focus more on having super soil that does not need any nutes during grow. I feed the micro life and they in turn take care of plants!! Any fertilizer that is advertised as Natural or Organic would be good to switch to. But Fox Farms is a great choice if you have it in your area. Also your plants prolly dont need any food right now. They are still pretty little to be needing anything other than what is in the soil. Most good quality soils will have at least 3-6 weeks of nutrients in them.

Here is the CFL i liked a lot. Has great light output, last a long time, and grew some good buds. I found it at the local Menards.

cfl6.JPG

Also directs light more out the tip than the sides like traditional CFL.

Okay, so I'm at a loss haha! First off, had to remove a plant! Not enough space for 3 so I moved one outside and have my other two inside! Transplant was a success and plants seem to not undergo to much stress! Now the big question is, why only after about a month one of my plants is showing white hairs on the nodes. Anyone have any idea how this is already happening when my plants are just now a month old. It's only happening on my oldest plant but it just seems strange it would show its gender this early! Can anyone help explain what this might be? Thanks guys!
Nwagreen
image28302.jpg

You
looking good.

it is either just showing preflowers or its an auto.

source of seed?

All my seeds were either given to me or bag seed! And I'm pretty sure this one is just a bag seed! Could be wrong! But that's pretty awesome it's already showing! How much longer should this one veg before I flip the lights? Glad nothing is wrong, but would that classify this one as a female because of the wire hairs? Thanks for the quick help!

yup she's all woman. grats.

and flipping to 12/12 is a personal thing man. you'll know when to do it. just keep the stretch factor in mind.

image28589.jpg

Update: so are these pre-flowers or buds forming; or are they dreaded pollen sacs? The more I read and research it makes me think this is a hermie! Not certain though, but I'm keeping my two under 18/6 for now. Anyone have a clue as to what I'm working with? I'm not seeing 2 but 4 white hairs at the nodes and my plant looks "skinny" basically looks like its done growing branches and is growing leaves and whatever I just pointed out! Thanks guys!
Nwagreen

Definitely hermie :/

So should I continue to grow? Could I clip off the balls and still grow seed-free buds or do I just need to eliminate this plant? I've read that you can still make it produce bud and eliminating the pollen sacs will help ensure no seeds! I'm still pretty new to all this and want to make sure there's nothing more I can do before I discard it! Thanks for a quick reply!

Mate I'm fairly new to it all and all I'll say is unless u plan to cross strains then get rid asap so it doesn't turn any others, all the reading I've done that's what it basically says!!!!! But up to u in the end

Unless u want all of your other plants to get pollinated pull that plant out immediately! If you have other female plants in your garden the pollen from that plant will spread to the others and any female plants you have will turn hermie too! I know it's kind of a bummer but if the other females get pollinated the buds will be way less potent. But in the end it's completely up to u

Unless u want all of your other plants to get pollinated pull that plant out immediately! If you have other female plants in your garden the pollen from that plant will spread to the others and any female plants you have will turn hermie too! I know it's kind of a bummer but if the other females get pollinated the buds will be way less potent. But in the end it's completely up to u

Well damn! Haha I was afraid of that. But In the end I'll take your advise and pull the plant! No need to risk it. Kinda sucks I grew it this far for nothing but in the end it's a labor of love! I've got two left so hopefully one of these will be a full on female! Appreciate it!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom