My First Grow... Afgan x Mazar

yea, thats basically what i did before i left for vacation. that's why the AxM is doing much better now.

they're still recovering. I'm using miracle grow, the info is in a previous picture, near the begining. What do you mean by overfeeding? water or nutes? cuz i know they look like they've been overwatered, like i said, they're still recovering, and the AxM looks better now. I need to get some epsom salt in next watering, but otherwise the AxM looks much better.

UntamedFox
they're still recovering. I'm using miracle grow, the info is in a previous picture, near the begining. What do you mean by overfeeding? water or nutes? cuz i know they look like they've been overwatered, like i said, they're still recovering, and the AxM looks better now. I need to get some epsom salt in next watering, but otherwise the AxM looks much better.

Hey Fow and others, man i counted six or seven nodes :) those gona be fine, im so looking forwards to see some bud on them.
Seems like you got a plan, happy the AxM looks better.
Hope for two hairy bushes :)

thanks guys :) i know i should get the good nutes, but i really can't afford them, plus we're getting most everything nailed down. should I really cut off those damaged leaves on the Bagweed? it seems like i'm taking a lot of the lower branches off....

yeah man go ahead and do it - just make sure you are holding the stem steady, and bend the branch at it's connection to the main stem downwards, and it should snap off easily. if not, use clean sharp scissors and make one quick clean cut without in any way damaging the main stem in the process. As an added bonus, seeing your plants free of disfigurement gives you a good feeling which you in turn reciprocate those good vibes back to the plant. It can't hurt to give the girls a pep talk every now and again.

thanks buddy,

Okay a bit of a freakout this morning... the AxM is drooping like a motherfucker for no reason... or at least no reason I can tell. I haven't watered the AxM in a little while, yet all but the top few leaves are drooping bad. This happened overnight. I didn't do anything to the plants yesterday, so i can't figure out what's going on... the only real change is that it's been rainy outside for the past few days and I left the window open last night, and the plants have a fan blowing fresh air from outside into the grow room. would high humidity make a plant droop like it is? just imagine the drooping to be as bad as the Bagweed in the most recent pix.

yea, the soil seemed really dry, so I just watered it. I last watered Wednesday, so it's been a little while. I'm guessing that may have played a part. It's so frustrating that these little things change the growth of the plant so much, but that's the point of this grow I guess... to get the process down. It's kinda cool outside, rainy. Tryin to figure out what happened, but it's like 75F right now, it might have dropped during the night. but i'm gonna play the waiting game with this since I just watered. It could have been that the soil was too dry, i'd believe that. The soil was really really dry. On second thought, i don't know if the dry soil had anything to do with it, cuz the soil was really dry when I got back from vaca and the plants were doing great, then again it was hot in the room, more like 80-90F during most of vaca. any hypotheses?

okay, few updates:

The AxM is looking much better since this mornings watering. I don't know what caused the drooping, but i'm guessing either lack of water or the fact that the light period has changed. I'm moving down to 12/12. I think it's at 15/9 now. either way, i took out all the side lamps, since I haven't been using them and they take up space that the pots need. everything fits better now that they're not in there. I'll put them back in if needed, but i'm starting to thing of other ideas for them... we'll see

i watered to stop the drooping, and life sprung back into BOTH plants yesterday. saying that..... I come back now, this afternoon and they're both drooping like hell again!! esp the AxM... i have no clue what's going on... the only thing that's changed is the light time. the temp is around 75-70. any ideas of why the main stem would go limp???

I felt the soil for each plant and after sticking my finer about an inch or two down again, there was no dampness... this leads me to believe that they're sucking up water fast?? i don't know what to do. I watered them a little bit, like I did yesterday. hopefully they'll spring back to life.... we'll see.

I wanted to take some pix to really explain the droop and then non-droop, and then extreme droop.....

Here's the AxM perky yesterday and droopy as shit today:
SANY0266.JPG

SANY0268.JPG

and droopy:
SANY0270.JPG

And here's the Bagweed semi perky and then back to droopy:
SANY0267.JPG

SANY0269.JPG

and droopy:
SANY0271.JPG

HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!

okay, litterally within the time I took those pix, maybe 30 min ago and now, they've begun to really perk back up. it seems that they like to droop real bad when not enough water and when too much water. but it seems like I shouldn't be watering everyday. that's what got me in trouble last time. I don't know..... so confused

yea, they had to be thirsty cuz they look great now, both of them. i gotta remember to water when they start to droop or when the soil is dry.

Quick questions about flowering stages....

Should i finish up the rest of the nutrients that I have and switch to a high P nutrient for flowering? if so, what's a good ratio to follow. i see so many things in different books and so on that i'd rather just get advice from growers!

Back
Top Bottom