My First Grow... Afgan x Mazar

dude yea the soil is draining too fast
you'll have to have overspill pans under the pots from now on with the intention of watering heavy enough to fill it half way or more based on watching it over the span of 8 hours to see how much get's sucked back up - the plant will eventually grow roots out the bottom to drink from the overfill pan eventually for now just water more often, and keep the nutrients going.

PS if your planters are plastic, then squeeze the sides a bit to redistribute the soil and create new water ways.

dude yea the soil is draining too fast
you'll have to have overspill pans under the pots from now on with the intention of watering heavy enough to fill it half way or more based on watching it over the span of 8 hours to see how much get's sucked back up - the plant will eventually grow roots out the bottom to drink from the overfill pan eventually for now just water more often, and keep the nutrients going.

PS if your planters are plastic, then squeeze the sides a bit to redistribute the soil and create new water ways.

great advice, thanks buddy!:thanks: I already have an overflow plate catching if water drains through. Are you sure roots will grow out of the bottom? I'll squeeze the sides to redistribute some soil. And about the nutrients, i just started flowering stage, i know most would think early, but i'm on a time limit and this is a learning grow, i'll have 4 months after this grow to do a few of my feminized strawberry cough plants!:ganjamon: So what NPK ratio should I use? I know i should use a high P, but what's a good ratio for quick flowering?

thanks for the advice, i got some bloom nutes, 15-30-15, so i'm only gonna use half strength. also got some epsom salt to fix the MG def. there's a little of yellowing at some of the tips of either plant, very little, but still there. any idea of what that might be? i'm hoping it's not too much N. the soil seems to be holding it's moisture much better. i'm watering less and less as the past days have gone. Also, and you can see in the pix above, the leaves seem to be curling in on themselves not only at the ends but all along the sides of the leaves in both plants. the leaves seem really dark green sometimes too. just wondering what that is...?

Okay, so here's the amazing news i logged on to tell you guys....

TWO CONFIRMED FEMALES!!! a 25% chance, i got two female plants!!! I'll get pix a little later when the flowers get a bit bigger. i've been in flowering for a week now. I also gotta watch out for hermies. I'm not sure on the quality of the bagweed plant. also, i've only seen the female buds with white hairs on the top nodes, not really on the lower ones. will they come later?

that's great news man! you did it! nice going with the bloom nutes as well, good lord that's a great P ratio! as far as buds go, your only job now is don't kill them, and wait out the cycle and i can't emphasize this enough - don't pick individual buds off to 'test' your crop cause it will majorly stunt the plant, as it has to send medic nutes to the clipped site, taking time and energy away from bud production...this is also the time to be most cautious about who knows this exists - when I start the flowering cycle, I stop having company over for about 3 months, period. I spent a fortune on stink good candles, and concentrated air freshener as well as constant cleaning in the public rooms so that there is no stray evidence laying around. as far as your grow related trash, you need to be driving that somewhere else like a grocery store's dumpster, making sure it is only* trash, and not receipts (even cash transactions place you in a store at a certain time) bills, junk mail, last weeks newspaper, etc. paranoid is a good thing from now on. solitary is a good thing from now on. and for God's sake, don't have your friends' friends over - just trust me they would take one whiff and know who to rob later that night.

no one knows about the grow, but I do worry about the smell. What is a good way to cover or eliminate the smell? remember, it's only two plants, but the smell needs to be covered. There isn't much, if any, waste from my plants, luckily I've been dumping boxes of stuff slowly over the weeks to space stuff out. and it's all in a public trash dumpster. I live in an apartment, so people will always be in the halls passing back and forth. I knew the risk i am taking. if the smell gets bad enough, i'll abort. Like i said before, this is a learning grow, and while I'm excited for the two females, i will kill them in an instant if I have to. it's safety first.

no one knows about the grow, but I do worry about the smell. What is a good way to cover or eliminate the smell? remember, it's only two plants, but the smell needs to be covered. There isn't much, if any, waste from my plants, luckily I've been dumping boxes of stuff slowly over the weeks to space stuff out. and it's all in a public trash dumpster. I live in an apartment, so people will always be in the halls passing back and forth. I knew the risk i am taking. if the smell gets bad enough, i'll abort. Like i said before, this is a learning grow, and while I'm excited for the two females, i will kill them in an instant if I have to. it's safety first.

hey fox, i too live in a apt. and growing 6 strains i know i will have a smell problem.. i think a carbon filter 64.00 and a inline fan would do the trick.. eliminate 100% of the odor , with less than 100 bucks..

what do you guys think about something like this?? Filter or this Filter 2

fans, good vaccuuming regiment, get a normal house plant for the public room like a fern cause it smells real 'planty' and will subconsciously reassure the curious thoughts of any potential threats.

damn, smart thinking! I am hung over as shit... i don't even want to think about the money I spent at the bar last night, even if i get some strange... hahaha:ganjamon: plants were in the closet overnight, didn't expect to get as crazy as I did last night. came back and temp was at like 100. no biggie tho, went right back down to 75 when I opened the door and put the fan on. had to rearrange the closet a bit to re-secure the lights, the plants are growing right into them. there was a little burn on the tip of a leaf on the AxM from the light... but not too bad. soil was dry so watered a bit with the new nutes, high P. i gotta smoke some stuff to get over this hangover, i'll post later:rollit:

as per demand of Insider, i got some pix. i forget sometimes how much a hit or two kills a hangover! been having a good day recovering watching Cheech and Chong's Nice Dreams... haha

I got one pic of each plant, and tried to get some closeups, but my camera doesn't focus well when it's up close to something. I gotta figure out how to use manual focus or something. the only decent one i got was of the AxM, but i don't know if you can see anything...

Here's the AxM:
SANY0273.JPG

And here's the closeup:
SANY0276.JPG

Here's the Bagweed:
SANY0272.JPG

The Bagweed is really curling in on itself for some reason, and the leaves aren't spreading out.... looks like i've got a new problem...

AxM seems to be doing great, no real visible problems. The Bagweed is still weird, probably due to it being a shitty strain. They're both female, definitely. I'm seeing little female buds on the upper nodes of each plant. the plants sleep from 8-8, so i'm on a 12/12 cycle for a week now. The Bagweed is still curling under both length-wise and width-wise. what causes that? i looked all over the forums and couldn't find anything.

YES! the Bagweed gets the majority of the wind! that would explain a lot, i thought that might be it, but wasn't sure... thanks obxgardener! +rep

Back
Top Bottom