My First Grow... Afgan x Mazar

i wondered if they were getting too much wind, the Bagweed in particular. it makes so much sense, but i hadn't heard of it until he said it

Happy to help... been trying to find the balance myself between enough and too much wind. I just taped up a bunch of cardboard covered in foil to channel the airflow around the plants.

We get a lot of wind where I live... big PITA for my veg. garden outside.

plants benefit from having a breeze, it keeps the air around them from getting "stale" & helps promote strong, healthy stems. However, if you have a plant that sits right in front of the fan (especially in low humidity environments), it will tend to lose moisture faster than the plant can replace it. I've struggled with this problem from day one. The best thing to do is rotate your plants on a regular basis, so the same ones aren't always sitting right in front of the fan. :smokin:

I seem to have the best results when the leaves just barely move with the breeze... anything more seems to result in the curling... at least on one plant. I don't doubt that
"breeze resistance" could vary between strains.

I should also say that I've suspected curling with lights below the leaves... if you see my grow you'll know what I mean.

good advice, my next question is if the leaves will recover and stand up again?

a plant can bounce back from being droopy in a matter of an hour or so. If you don't take care of it when it gets droopy, it will get extremely wilted. This is VERY bad as it can kill the plant. Sometimes they'll recover, but they'll lose some leaves after they perk up. Getting that dry only happens if you don't check your plants every day (that's how it happened to me earlier in my grow):ganjamon:

cool, good to know.

okay, been a few days since I was on here. I'm still seeing the curling of the very ends of the tips, and I've been using Epsom salt. the new growth on the Bagweed looks really good. the Bagweed flowers seem to be growing faster for some reason... the AxM has much smaller flowers still. I got some stuff to cover the smell, but it can only do so much. I might get a plant to grow out in the open to divert suspicion to just say it's the plant. what is a good, easy plant to grow? I know y'all want pix, but we'll see if i get around to it.

Fern sounds like a winner, i'll get on it

hey guys, finally got some time to take a few pix and put them up here. my camera isn't as good as my eyes, but i'm trying to take pix of the flowers on each plant as they are still kinda just beginning. I've been in flowering for nearly 2 weeks now.

Afgan x Mazar:
SANY0278.JPG

SANY0281.JPG

The Bagweed:
SANY02771.JPG

SANY0280.JPG

Everything seems to be going much better, tho I am still getting that curling just at the ends of the leaves. I thought it was a Mg def, but i'm adding a spoonful of epsom salt to each watering can when I refill it... i dunno, any guesses??? the new leaves on the Bagweed are looking much healthier now that there's no real "wind" in the closet, just a nice calm stream of air to cool the lamps and give CO2.

Also, why are only some of the nodes producing flowers? and the Bagweed seems to be putting more energy into flowering than the AxM is, since the fowers are much larger. is there a way I can divert most of the AxM's energy into producing flowers and not worrying about elsewhere??

that it is

well, the baby girls are growing up. they might need a training bra soon, cuz the bud sites are ready on the Bagweed and almost there on the AxM. pix, pix, pix!

Here's the Bagweed:
SANY0284.JPG

SANY0289.JPG

SANY0285.JPG

And here's the AxM:
SANY0287.JPG

SANY0286.JPG

SANY0288.JPG

The Bagweed is still outbudding the AxM, why? i have no idea, cuz i screwed up with the Bagweed much more i thought. the Bagweed is a heavier sativa and the AxM is a heavier indica by the looks of the plants. maybe the AxM is putting more energy into popcorn bud than cola? either way, things are pretty smooth now, as XSVBuds said, it's a waiting game till harvest

Back
Top Bottom