My first grow. California Dream

hows that ALASKAN air treating your ladies? Its all about using it in the flowering time. Nice cold temps will bring that color out..

True! You know there is a new COPS type show all about the Alaskan State police. Mainly it is all about the DRY towns locals making bootleg Booze. Mesrone looks like your plants are getting great care! Very happy things are working out for YOU!! You have grasp this growing Cannabis Thing by the horns!! Fantastic show you are putting on :thanks:

Well butcher, its COLD up here. I just move back here in thebeginning of the summer after spending the last two winters in lake tahoe california. I forgot how cold it gets here. My car thermometer was reading 9F when i woke up for work this morning! And its only november. We still have jan and feb, the REALLY cold months to make it through!!
BUT the cold air is nice for the growing. Makes temp control VERY easy. Just open the window in my room more or less depending on how warm/cool i want it. No colors are being brought out yet, but its just the start. And that is to say if my strains have any color to even be brought out..

And Weed, yeah that state troopers show. I have yet to see it. The shows that profile Alaska, like that one, deadliest catch, and theres another survival one. They really focus on the extremes of alaska. But most people here never see that side of things. We have all the chain stores, target, taco bell, blockbuster etc. that everywhere else has. Its just WAY colder. :ganjamon:

awesome!!! im so pumped! i cant wait to see if any color shows itsself...
and yeah 9 is pretty chilly, but will only get colder.

the flowering part of this whole process is SO exciting! they are really taking off, and still stretching a little bit. I have 3 that are around 20 inches in height. and the rest are about 16, with one that is way behind in flowering comin from behind and hopped up and over 17 inches when i measured this morning.
That plany however is very behind in the flowering. It only has a few pistils showing and no top cola pistils at all.
But to counter that, i have one that is already just COVERED in crystals, already.

anyway, i have a question. Do you think it would be better served for my space to remove another plant? to leave it to 6 total? I have 3 in the back, and 4 in the row up front. The back 3 are getting tons of light to the undergrowth bud sites, but the front 4 are a little crowded. Would i benefit more from removing one more? or lettin em go? what do you think?

mesrone you should have plenty of light. 600watts for 6 plants. Can you tip your hood to spread out the light evenly? So to angle it better. Maybe using wire. Or put something under the plants that lack the light to rise them?

WEED- Yeah i figure Ill kinda play it by ear with that, if i see the lower buds really lacking ill change something, but there is so many main colas in my garden that i think ill just do a secondary harvest after cutting the tops.

ANyway, time for an update. Finally got caught up on my subscribed grows! There is some REALLY neat stuff goin on around here! I LOVE THIS SITE.
Im on day 23 of flower. So about 5 more weeks to go hopefully. The stretch seems to be over for the most part, minus one mystery strain that is finally starting to pick up with flowering, it was way behind the rest. (but the first one to show preflowers.) odd.
anyway, that one mystery is still stretching a little bit. Im going to try and be around when the lights go off tonight and snap a couple of pics right when the light goes off. get the whole garden in natural light.

IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_12683.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

BUDINACUP
IMG_12702.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_12662.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

ENJOY!!!!:popcorn:

thanks butcher! man they are starting to stink good! and they have started to boost u in trichs. i need to check the date i switched, but i believe i have about one more week before switching back to the MH lamp. After the stretch is pretty much finished, im curious to see what the Mh will do in terms of trich boost. Also going to feed them with their first dose of 1/4 strength flower nutes most likely tomorrow.

Hey Butch, do you add carbaload and floranectar on top of your other flower nutes?
Im currently using for flower, Tigerbloom FF, CALMAG, and Boost juice from NSR. Do you think adding two more would be too much? I could ease into it and such but im just worried about 5 different sets of nutes being too much? I Maybe i will go scoop some up and try half of the plants with one solution, and the other half with a different solution? What do you think?

Ill read a little bit, but what are the benefits of adding carbs? And what exactly do those two sets of nutes that you suggested ad? Well carbaload i could guess:Rasta:. but the floranectar?

And Docbud!:welcome: Thanks also for stopping by! Always great to see someone new in here!
So basically, from what I understand, there are obviously several different kinds of lighting you can use for flowering marijuana. HPS being the most preferred. But upon reading, the reason why is because the red spectrum makes for the highest yields.
Well I read around quite a bit and found that using a MH lamp during flowering does cut the yield by about 10% BUT, gives an extremely high boost in resin production. And thats what we are all going for in our grows, to get the highest resin production possible.
Also from what I read, using a MH willr educe stretch during the first stages of flowering where you do not need the red spectrum for flowering anyway
Most people just suggest using HPS because that is what they are told, and they pass the info on. It is my first grow and that is what I thought as well! But apparently using MH lamps during flowering produce a more potent product. APPARENTLY. But that is what I plan on finding out.
So the plan, is to switch the lights every 2 weeks.
Week1-2: MH
Week 3-4:HPS
Week 5: MH
Week 6-7:HPS
Week 8- Finish: MH
Im going to split the last two week cycle of the MH because i want the last week to be with a MH. Basically I hope to add the weight by using the HPS, AND then finish with the MH for a boost of resin right before the chop.
Well see if it works! I dont know if that made much sense, im quite high at the moment:grinjoint::grinjoint:

Hey Butch, do you add carbaload and floranectar on top of your other flower nutes?
Im currently using for flower, Tigerbloom FF, CALMAG, and Boost juice from NSR. Do you think adding two more would be too much? I could ease into it and such but im just worried about 5 different sets of nutes being too much? I Maybe i will go scoop some up and try half of the plants with one solution, and the other half with a different solution? What do you think?

Ill read a little bit, but what are the benefits of adding carbs? And what exactly do those two sets of nutes that you suggested ad? Well carbaload i could guess:Rasta:. but the floranectar?

And Docbud!:welcome: Thanks also for stopping by! Always great to see someone new in here!
So basically, from what I understand, there are obviously several different kinds of lighting you can use for flowering marijuana. HPS being the most preferred. But upon reading, the reason why is because the red spectrum makes for the highest yields.
Well I read around quite a bit and found that using a MH lamp during flowering does cut the yield by about 10% BUT, gives an extremely high boost in resin production. And thats what we are all going for in our grows, to get the highest resin production possible.
Also from what I read, using a MH willr educe stretch during the first stages of flowering where you do not need the red spectrum for flowering anyway
Most people just suggest using HPS because that is what they are told, and they pass the info on. It is my first grow and that is what I thought as well! But apparently using MH lamps during flowering produce a more potent product. APPARENTLY. But that is what I plan on finding out.
So the plan, is to switch the lights every 2 weeks.
Week1-2: MH
Week 3-4:HPS
Week 5: MH
Week 6-7:HPS
Week 8- Finish: MH
Im going to split the last two week cycle of the MH because i want the last week to be with a MH. Basically I hope to add the weight by using the HPS, AND then finish with the MH for a boost of resin right before the chop.
Well see if it works! I dont know if that made much sense, im quite high at the moment:grinjoint::grinjoint:

I did the first two weeks of flower under MH. I may just switch to it for the last two! Thanks for the info.

Amazing what a person can learn around here....

Well those are the only two sugar/carb additives I used. So my suggestion is to use one more. I like the carboload. Its constantcy is just right IMO. Alot more of the nutrient cycle happens outside of the roots than most people realize. Plants release sugars and carbs from their roots into the rhizosphere area just adjacent to the rootszone. These are agents that break down materials that bacteria and protozoa can use as an energy to do alot of molecular work like fixating and binding nitrogen. These bacteria can penetrate the intercellular areas of the roots and as the plants roots become low on their own carbohydrate reserves near the end of flowering, this is when the stacking becomes more important.. Its not the carbs that the roots are uptaking, its more like the energy the carbs have stored away in them. The bacteria work toward using alot of its energy they recieved from carbs to make the molecules/ions the plant needs.. In a way you aren't feeding anything to your plant directly. Its the carbs in the nutes you are using that does all the work for you. Stacking ensures that there are plenty of these carbs to breakdown into those molocules and allows more sugar to be secreted along the surface os trichs. That is one of the many reasons that when you brush against your plants you end up saying ots soo sticky. Thats the sugars and carbs at work for you.:ganjamon:

I would get the A.N carboload. Not the floranector. I 've been using the carboload for years it seems like. And It gives great results. Are you using any crbs at all. I dont really see any. the boost gives b1 and other additives. The
Tiger Bloom is P-K strong and the calmag is for calcium and mag. Aslong as you didnt leave anything out your cool to use both if you like. I would at least get one for now. It makes a difference. your plants need those carbs. You may not see it now but trust me you will at the end. Your plants need it to make the photosythesis process to work at its best.

ok i will go to the shop and pick up carboload if they have it, if not any other suggestions? ill just look for other carb nutrients. there is a little N being added with the boost juice and the tiger bloom, not much, but should i throw some bat guano in there? its high in N. But from what i understand the N isnt as important in the flowering stage.

thanks alot butcher for helpin out with this!

Back
Top Bottom