My first grow!

rugdoc

I, wanting to improve my sleeping habits and mental state decided i need to start smoking. After contemplating my options for Maryjane procurement i decided to grow for myself and myself only, no need to have pesky people needing their meds calling me at all times of day and night. So the first thing I did was Google, looking at laws and the usual web weed related stuff, them I cam across this site. After reading as much as my eyes could handle I decided to pick up some seeds and went with 10 fem indoor seeds. I am still waiting for the seeds (5 business days) to arrive from the UK. The very next day I ordered my lights! 400w MH HPS arrived today! Then I began the quest for soil! good soil has been difficult to find so I am unsure if I am going to use ultra premium soil, but I will probable pick some up soon.

Ok so this is now day 4 of my procurement time and I have already spent $400+ on materials but I still have to build a grow room! Im going cheap completely DIY and dirty. I decided to use emergency blankets and 3/4" PVC to from a tent. So now I have a tent lights and seeds on the way! but today I think to myself I can build a clone/veg pod so I went to walmart and made it happen w/lights for less than $50. The clone/veg pod has 6 26w cf's hung in a 36galon storage bin.

Oww and untill my seeds are here I growing veggies in my setup.

Tent has a shop light in it now b/c I have yet to set up my HID.
rsz_p3100408.jpg

this is my pod when will ventalation become a issue?
rsz_p3100409.jpg

lights

rsz_p3100410.jpg

Tent w/veggies
glow.jpg

Looks so cool! should I put reflective blackets on the inside?

Re: My first grow!!

Hey RugDoc nice to see you 'round here.
No need for a lid on the Blue container. I use them same blue containers for soil starts, Clones in rockwool etc. They will smother in there with the lid on, or must have excellent ventilation.
Please look at the below pic. This allows them to breath. 1 or 2 4ft flouros on top, easy to remove and water, and allows proper ventilation.
IMG_1430locuttings_started_soon_to_be_clones_day_1.JPG

Re: My first grow!!

Thanks for the info Cherma, I was thinking about hooking it up to my soon-to-come ventilation system so there would be proper airflow. Do you think a 60cfm fan would pull enough air? Or should I steep it up to a 180 cfm? Thanks again Cherma

Well still waiting on seeds, I have Light proofed my grow room, added a ventilation system only 60cfm, and have figured out a way to make my clone pod a veg pod, Just add another bin on top of it and have the lights come in the top! Ill mount a exhaust fan on the side and I will have a complete cycle! Clone pod, Veg Pod, and Grow room! Oww and my strawberries (the real thing not weed) are loving the current set up. And I found FFOF soil! so my fist grow will be a experiment of soil. First soil is Fox farms 2 plants, second Organic Mechanics 2 plants, third soil is Smith and Hawken organic soil. All nutes will be FF. After this grow I hope to have a dominate soil and some good weed!

rugdoc good choice in the exhaust fan set up. Remember on the back of the FFOF mix what is in it. Bat Guano etc.. what they added to make that mix is good enough for at least 30 days without adding any liquid fertilizers. I do at the late2nd-3 weeks in FFOF mix with a 1/2 dose of FF Grow Big. At 3-4 weeks I increase the FFGB to almost full strength, till they reach time to go into flower.
Patience sometimes kills us as we can wait for things to arrive, being prepared as you are to begin, will make it better.

Thanks for the Info Cherma!

So the four seeds they sent me I put in a glass of distilled water and they all floated! I hear this is bad? I have so much into this set up that this one issue is making everything so bad.

Just did some research on the seeds they sent me, they are outdoor/ greenhouse seeds! What should I do!

Ok so the seeds they sent me are Easy Sativa, I decided to germ these and then maybe grow them outdoors if I can find a place or I will just finish them indoors.

I have kept them at about 75-85 degrees during this time.

The seeds are now 48hrs into germination, first I soaked them in distilled watter for 2 hours then I placed them into rockwool. All the seeds have began to grow and one is reaching out of the rockwool!
rsz_p3150416.jpg

rsz_p3150417.jpg

I should be getting my replacement seeds next week.

So I decided that I am going to use these seeds as my GG seeds. I have found a couple of spots that are promising. Will post pics as soon as I can.

rugdoc, Hmm ordered 10 got 4?. have you resolved this with the supplier?
Personally having experience but never as such as that. Usually 8-15 days delivery, Order 10 get 10. So far 100%. I would push the issue with the supplier.

Everything with the seeds has been figured out! Just finished up my veg pod and will have pics in the morning, the little girls will be planted in soil then put into the veg pod.

I have descided to use the MG soil and see how it goes, then I will transplant them into the outdoors. I know everyone loves pics so here they are

rsz_p3180420.jpg

my biggest 5 days from seed

rsz_p3180418.jpg

the ones on the right are doing the best

rsz_p3180421.jpg

complete veg box

rsz_p3180422.jpg

fan installed in veg box

Just took some new pick from today, and here they are

rsz_p3190426.jpg

its so cute

rsz_p3190424.jpg

this one is curling a little

the other two are not growing much

Any advise is very welcome

and my pots are simply 2 liter jugs and a milk jug I found while cleaning up a river bank on Monday

Ok they are up and starting. Careful on the clear containers and the light that is in the box set up, watch for excessive light hitting the root systems thru the clear jugs. Good Idea to be recycling. Also keep an eye out on the humidity in that small of an area.

The problem I am having is not enough humidity! I think my fan is way to powerful, the veg pod seems to stay around 30-45% humidity and that is with me misting the pod. I think I am going to buy a humidifier today any other suggestions? Thanks cherma for the heads up about the clear containers, I might wrap the in duct tape.

Well after giving the MG organic soil a go it almost killed one of my babies, twisted one up, and stunted the growth of two others so I replanted in Organic Mechanics soil and after a Day everything is rolling! MG soil is garbage for Marijuana, but great for everything else.

man its amazing...i have almost the exact same setup...same lights, same exhaust fan, using emergency blankets for reflection and the same foil tape lol

Back
Top Bottom