Stu’s First Grow

See my sig:

Lol yeah that’s pretty much what I’ve been doing except I don’t painters tape my loupe onto my phone I just hold it oddly lol, I’ll try that, will help I’m sure

I am surprised by how sticky they are, I squeezed a bud just under the top yesterday for the first time just out of curiosity to see how dense it was, was solid, but was way stickier than I would have expected, fingers stuck together after, I found that interesting.

The nice part about quadlining is that light and air get everywhere. If the plant is getting everything it needs (evenly) then it will just keep spitting those glorious trichomes out. Some of it is genetics but I really believe the stress that you cause the plant by quadlining it helps with resin production. I've had people comment that same comment before. The best part is instead of just getting a few main colas that are awesome and the rest of it be kind of "larf" or junk, you get a bunch of even colas that are all great!

I've seen people cut a little bud off and then take a picture on a desk or something so they can be stable taking the picture. Like you, I have a terribly hard time getting close and taking a clean shot of trichomes. Also, our grow lights can have a slight coloration to them even though it looks white to you. Best to check the trichomes in as natural light as possible.

The nice part about quadlining is that light and air get everywhere. If the plant is getting everything it needs (evenly) then it will just keep spitting those glorious trichomes out. Some of it is genetics but I really believe the stress that you cause the plant by quadlining it helps with resin production. I've had people comment that same comment before. The best part is instead of just getting a few main colas that are awesome and the rest of it be kind of "larf" or junk, you get a bunch of even colas that are all great!

I've seen people cut a little bud off and then take a picture on a desk or something so they can be stable taking the picture. Like you, I have a terribly hard time getting close and taking a clean shot of trichomes. Also, our grow lights can have a slight coloration to them even though it looks white to you. Best to check the trichomes in as natural light as possible.

Interesting point about the resin production and quadlining.

Yep Yep, I’m pretty lucky to have found you guys early on while my plants were only just sprouting, and took the jump into the quad gang and cut up my first plants, I did do that one with the harsh bend then some lst, but I don’t think I’ll ever grow a plant out without some hard training ever, now is kinda boring in the grow, just water and rotate not much to do, the training and watching the plants react was the most fun part of the grow so far, so I plan to expand in that region with some multiple toppings and there’s a guy on here I seen that uses those tomato cages and ties the top colas around the top ring like a reef, was pretty cool, so I’m looking forward to the future.
Annnd I don’t wanna chop a bud off cause that bud will grow so I just struggle and try to get best pics possible without cutting a bud off.
:) cheers

Interesting point about the resin production and quadlining.

Yep Yep, I’m pretty lucky to have found you guys early on while my plants were only just sprouting, and took the jump into the quad gang and cut up my first plants, I did do that one with the harsh bend then some lst, but I don’t think I’ll ever grow a plant out without some hard training ever, now is kinda boring in the grow, just water and rotate not much to do, the training and watching the plants react was the most fun part of the grow so far, so I plan to expand in that region with some multiple toppings and there’s a guy on here I seen that uses those tomato cages and ties the top colas around the top ring like a reef, was pretty cool, so I’m looking forward to the future.
Annnd I don’t wanna chop a bud off cause that bud will grow so I just struggle and try to get best pics possible without cutting a bud off.
:) cheers
I'm with you on that one. I just don't really post trichome pics instead! Lol... I've seen some awesome training and I am all for experimenting. I will likely do some cool stuff like that too but as a normal grow I will always quadline at minimum.

Aren't you kinda required to now? ;)
Lol. Probably.

Might try a full flux or something different soon. Maybe I'll keep one tent always going of multi-strain quadlines and one tent for experiments and other fun stuff like my Tangerine Dream right now.

Tried to get a few closer pics near the buds, but struggled today, I see clear ones only when zoomed in.

Ordered a 48x48x79” second tent for veg, 5 mini hygrometer’s, and a germination station with heat mat today.
Also snipped a tester bud from the blue cookies mutant plant, one of the smaller bottom buds, now to patiently wait on it to dry for a couple days.

Pretty excited to try it out, It will be a moment that I’ll never forget, “the day I smoked my own home grown pot for the first time”
Can’t wait to get some more seeds going once the new tent arrives, will be awesome to have a veg and flower tent as my plywood box does not hold heat or humidity very well, it will become the drying and curing box now.

Ordered a 48x48x79” second tent for veg, 5 mini hygrometer’s, and a germination station with heat mat today.
Also snipped a tester bud from the blue cookies mutant plant, one of the smaller bottom buds, now to patiently wait on it to dry for a couple days.
8FF06794-3F8E-44CD-B657-F25280575BA5.jpeg

Pretty excited to try it out, It will be a moment that I’ll never forget, “the day I smoked my own home grown pot for the first time”
Can’t wait to get some more seeds going once the new tent arrives, will be awesome to have a veg and flower tent as my plywood box does not hold heat or humidity very well, it will become the drying and curing box now.

Pretty cool feeling right? You are about to smoke what YOU grew! I get the same way about fruits and vegetables but there is something a little more special about smoking your own weed. Probably because not too long ago it was illegal everywhere and very few people ever thought they would grow their own product in their lifetimes. I know I didn't think I would but now I'll be self inclusive for the rest of my life. Pretty cool to think about!

Pretty cool feeling right? You are about to smoke what YOU grew! I get the same way about fruits and vegetables but there is something a little more special about smoking your own weed. Probably because not too long ago it was illegal everywhere and very few people ever thought they would grow their own product in their lifetimes. I know I didn't think I would but now I'll be self inclusive for the rest of my life. Pretty cool to think about!

Yep I’m pretty excited for the future of growing and to not be dropping $500 a month on street bags. I hope that one day I’ll be able to live off my own supply like so many here do, getting the second tent going will definitely be a step in the right direction for that goal, when it comes in I plan to start 3 seeds asap then 1 new plant every other month to get a nice rotation going, and always have something growing at all stages.
I found out of Friday that I’m getting a $400 bonus when I get a project I’ve been working on done, that money will fund a big seed order from true north seed bank, they are Canadian and carry seeds from (copy and paste below)
  • ACE SEEDS
  • AUTO SEEDS
  • BARNEY'S FARM
  • BC BUD DEPOT
  • BLIMBURN SEEDS
  • BOMB SEEDS
  • BROTHERS GRIMM SEEDS
  • BUDDHA SEEDS
  • CALI CONNECTION
  • CANUK SEEDS
  • CBD BOTANIC
  • CBD CREW
  • DELICIOUS SEEDS
  • DIGITAL GENETICS
  • DINAFEM
  • DJ SHORT
  • DNA GENETICS
  • DUNGEONS VAULT GENETICS
  • DUTCH PASSION
  • EMERALD TRIANGLE SEEDS
  • EQUINOX SEED CO.
  • EVA SEEDS
  • FEMALE SEEDS
  • FLASH SEEDS
  • G13 LABS
  • HOUSE OF THE GREAT GARDENER
  • HUMBOLDT SEED ORGANIZATION
  • KARMA GENETICS
  • MEDICAL MARIJUANA GENETICS
  • MEDICAL SEEDS
  • MEPHISTO GENETICS
  • NIRVANA SEEDS
  • OASIS GENETICS
  • PARADISE SEEDS
  • POSITRONICS SEEDS
  • PYRAMID SEEDS
  • RESERVA PRIVADA
  • RESIN SEEDS
  • ROYAL QUEEN SEEDS
  • SAMSARA SEEDS
  • SENSI SEEDS
  • SERIOUS SEEDS
  • SHORTSTUFF SEEDS
  • STRAIN HUNTERS
  • SWEET SEEDS
  • T.H.SEEDS
  • WORLD OF SEEDS
Been searching for a good seed bank that carries the euro and us strains and companies but is in Canada and ships via Canada Post. TNSB is the best one I’ve found so far, they have a Canuk puck for $80 Canadian, which is a heck of a deal, reg $200 to buy that many seeds

They have a nice reward program and free seeds with every order.

Tester doobie :ganjamon:
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom