My First Grow: Georgia Pie

That bottom pic is covered in frost, everything looks really good in there.
Thank you Carmen, I think for my next grow after I move I will do a few different autos. Your journal definitely inspired me🌸
Can't say, knot knowin :)
StoneOtter that’s true, only time will tell😊, I appreciate you being here.
At 36 days from flip I’d say they have some good growth yet to come your way. Yea you got some lush working.
Nev, it’s so fascinating how quickly things change, I am just enjoying the ride at this point😊
I'm sure if you do a site-wide search for Grove you'll find lots of folks with input on them. I know LKABudman uses them but scroll through this and there are lots to choose from:
Thank you so much😊, I did look through the search and threads that came up, most were by LKABudman and even my own thread for asking the question😂. I was hoping some of you would have some personal experience with them. I will buy some and report back when the time comes .

Also i’m so sorry everyone for the late replies, I just noticed I never hit the “post reply button“ when I was about to update the journal🤦🏾‍♀️ i’ve been a bit scatter-brained lately.

As always I appreciate everyones replies and comments 💕I would usually consider myself an introvert but everyone here makes it so welcoming.

Day 95 - Friday (02/24/23)
Flip Day 39
Flower Day 31

Good Afternoon/Evening
I hope everyone has a relaxing Friday and a wonderful weekend, I know I’m thrilled it’s finally Friday😂.I have a slight update regarding one of the girls. Here in Illinois we had rain on Wednesday (2/22/23)for once I remember to set something outside to catch the rain water. Anytime it rains my vegetable garden always has explosive growth and just thrives, so I figured I would give some to the girls and see how they like it, instead of the plain bottled water they are used to. Thursday(2/23/23) morning, I took my bucket of rain water and put it in the water tank, and watered the girls remotely around 12pm. I arrived home a few minutes before lights out at 7pm and went into the tent to check on them. GP2, my tallest girl seemed to have put on some weight, she was leaning heavily on GP1.
This morning the first thing I did was go to home depot and got some support beams. Below you will find before and after pictures that were taken this morning as well as some jewelers loupe pictures I attempted to take a few minutes ago since it just arrived in the mail.

Today I noticed GP2 has around 40-50% orange pistils.

While GP1 and GP3 have around 20-30%.
I also brought extra beams for them for when and if they need them(and if not my tomato plants will make good use of them😉)

37CC8AD2-646C-491A-9117-DE774CA0E8B6.jpeg

Before
873135E3-EBE4-4692-930E-36EB0C54A7AA.jpeg

DAB9A70B-2789-4FBB-8746-140935C96C2C.jpeg

After
9A2FEC64-AE3E-4882-9C8D-C9E468CE3088.jpeg

Typically when staking I would use garden twine/thread, but I didn’t want the buds to be too close to the stakes and pressed against them, so I used zip ties to give them a bit room.

Jeweler’s Loupe Pictures
E61CC065-7A61-42F0-A7FC-AF8D312471A6.jpeg
F491521E-7675-4945-A612-5977B3CE2CA0.jpeg

7185A33B-1359-488A-B584-9142F4EF7755.jpeg

A3EAFE4B-B1EE-45F7-B8AB-40C5D4E0B954.jpeg

From what I think I see😂, I believe some are clear and others are half clear and half cloudy, and none are amber. It was a very interesting tool to use and will take some getting use to. The jeweler’s loupe has both 30x and 60x with a small LED.The smaller circle is the 60x). I wish it was the other way around. I purchased the loupe from amazon, it was $9.99 USD.

Happy Growing Everyone🌸🌸🌸

They look beautiful 👍👍💚
Thank you SJB🌸 , I couldn’t have made it this far without all of you.
There is something transporting about glitter pics, they are so trippy. Looking great Lexi. Have a fabulous weekend.
I agree, I think it’s so fascinating to look at as well as trippy. I am having a very mellow weekend, I hope yours is just as relaxing🌸
I think it's way too early to be checking trichomes give the number of white pistils in those pics, and I'm seeing mostly clear. Another thing to remember is not to bother looking at sugar leaves when it's time to check, it's the calyx trichomes that will be the best the harvest gauge.
Thank you so much😊 I was hoping someone would tell me if they were clear, cloudy, opaque etc. I’ll definitely take a look at the calyx trichomes and post pictures in the next update. Although I am not necessarily looking at the trichomes to know when to harvest just yet. I was looking because the loupe happen to come in the mail while doing my update. I also don’t have the best eyes and want to familiarize myself with the tool as well as watch the process happen so that in future grows I am able to determine “this is clear, this is cloudy, etc”. There are pictures to depict this online of course but it’s always nice to see it first hand. Now that I know that these are clear, I’ll know what not to look for, and hopefully be able to spot the change as it happens. But I think they have at least another 3 weeks to a 1.5 months if going by the flip date. I hope you are having an amazing weekend as well😊

Ooo that makes sense since the growing conditions would probably be different. Georgia pie is a 60 indica /40 sativa % indica dominate hybrid, I will be harvesting with less amber as I prefer to use it as a daytime/ afternoon smoke. It helps with pain without putting me to sleep and I am still able to focus and do task without the feelings of paranoia. She’s the best of both worlds 😊 I will be keeping an eye out for when more pistils are brown and shriveled.

Ooo that makes sense since the growing conditions would probably be different. Georgia pie is a 60 indica /40 sativa % indica dominate hybrid, I will be harvesting with less amber as I prefer to use it as a daytime/ afternoon smoke. It helps with pain without putting me to sleep and I am still able to focus and do task without the feelings of paranoia. She’s the best of both worlds 😊 I will be keeping an eye out for when more pistils are brown and shriveled.
Georgia Pie is not a strain I have heard of before seeing your grow. I just had a look online as I am always on a hunt to find good daytime smoke. Something that is good for pain and enables task focused work with zero paranoia sounds like a good place to start.

Georgia Pie is not a strain I have heard of before seeing your grow. I just had a look online as I am always on a hunt to find good daytime smoke. Something that is good for pain and enables task focused work with zero paranoia sounds like a good place to start.
I recently heard about it earlier last year and fell in love with it ever since, i have yet to find it here in IL and seems to be seasonal in NV(around the summer time) so I figured I would try to grow it myself, since it does not seem to be easily accessible year round😊

Dang! These plants have grown! Sorry I haven’t been more active here but you’ve been getting amazing help along the way clearly!
they look to be chunking up pretty nicely!
Awesome!

Dang! These plants have grown! Sorry I haven’t been more active here but you’ve been getting amazing help along the way clearly!
they look to be chunking up pretty nicely!
Awesome!
Lootz Hii😊, I appreciate any and all comments, no need to apologize. I’ve gotten some amazing advice from many wonderful people. I was so happy to see your update, your garden looks amazing. Thank you for your continued support🌸I hope everything else is going just as well with you.

Day 106 -Tuesday (03/7/23)
Flip Day 50
Flower Day 42

Good Afternoon Everyone🌸

I decided to post a quick update for the girls although not much has changed. I believe they are chunking up quite nicely and I am excited. Since Monday 2/27/23 the girls have not been receiving bottled water but rain water instead. It has rained about 4 times here in IL and I have managed to catch enough to continuously give it to them, as they seem to like it.

Below you will find a photo dump of the girls from today, they are VERY fragrant, and I am seeing more orange pistils although there are a few white ones still.
I am not sure why they look brightish green in some of the photos they are still mid-dark green.
I hope everyone is doing well and has a wonderful Tuesday.

1533D495-C315-4980-ABEB-AA5BAB8A9FED.jpeg

6EC18662-13EC-4ADA-A692-BAB3B4BC4D5A.jpeg

852BEF14-AF07-4D1C-A638-511441034AA1.jpeg

8D19F5C3-5C2C-45C9-8E4E-717C48F84985.jpeg

2BAF9549-1745-46F1-90DF-F2BCBEC85509.jpeg

63D220F8-6344-4FA6-A36D-6C2FB64342EF.jpeg

0B283B33-8887-4286-ADC8-5D0E14BB57B0.jpeg

Thank you all for your words of advice, encouraging comments, and critique.
Happy Growing 🌸🌸🌸

5B2558F3-F970-4EAF-8FE8-DD5DD7B0EA24.jpeg

Day 106 -Tuesday (03/7/23)
Flip Day 50
Flower Day 42

Good Afternoon Everyone🌸

I decided to post a quick update for the girls although not much has changed. I believe they are chunking up quite nicely and I am excited. Since Monday 2/27/23 the girls have not been receiving bottled water but rain water instead. It has rained about 4 times here in IL and I have managed to catch enough to continuously give it to them, as they seem to like it.

Below you will find a photo dump of the girls from today, they are VERY fragrant, and I am seeing more orange pistils although there are a few white ones still.
I am not sure why they look brightish green in some of the photos they are still mid-dark green.
I hope everyone is doing well and has a wonderful Tuesday.

1533D495-C315-4980-ABEB-AA5BAB8A9FED.jpeg

6EC18662-13EC-4ADA-A692-BAB3B4BC4D5A.jpeg

852BEF14-AF07-4D1C-A638-511441034AA1.jpeg

8D19F5C3-5C2C-45C9-8E4E-717C48F84985.jpeg

2BAF9549-1745-46F1-90DF-F2BCBEC85509.jpeg

63D220F8-6344-4FA6-A36D-6C2FB64342EF.jpeg

0B283B33-8887-4286-ADC8-5D0E14BB57B0.jpeg

Thank you all for your words of advice, encouraging comments, and critique.
Happy Growing 🌸🌸🌸

5B2558F3-F970-4EAF-8FE8-DD5DD7B0EA24.jpeg
Just Beautiful. :welldone:
Hope your day is going well too my friend.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Frost is looking great as are the plants. Illinois rain water is magic!
Thank you😊, I don’t know what’s in the water but anytime it rained my outdoor vegetable garden would flourish. I tested the PH and it was 6.3-6.5. I was happy I set something outside to collect it each time😊😊
Just Beautiful. :welldone:
Hope your day is going well too my friend.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
My day is going pretty well I can’t complain🌸. I hope you are doing well Bill😊

Back
Top Bottom