My First Grow: Georgia Pie

Lexi it looks like you've really nailed every aspect of this grow. Your plants look great.
Thank you Carmen, although there are definitely things I could have improved on, training for example , but i’ve learned a lot to improve my next grow. Thanks to all of you💕.

Day 106 -Tuesday (03/7/23)
Flip Day 50
Flower Day 42

Good Afternoon Everyone🌸

I decided to post a quick update for the girls although not much has changed. I believe they are chunking up quite nicely and I am excited. Since Monday 2/27/23 the girls have not been receiving bottled water but rain water instead. It has rained about 4 times here in IL and I have managed to catch enough to continuously give it to them, as they seem to like it.

Below you will find a photo dump of the girls from today, they are VERY fragrant, and I am seeing more orange pistils although there are a few white ones still.
I am not sure why they look brightish green in some of the photos they are still mid-dark green.
I hope everyone is doing well and has a wonderful Tuesday.

1533D495-C315-4980-ABEB-AA5BAB8A9FED.jpeg

6EC18662-13EC-4ADA-A692-BAB3B4BC4D5A.jpeg

852BEF14-AF07-4D1C-A638-511441034AA1.jpeg

8D19F5C3-5C2C-45C9-8E4E-717C48F84985.jpeg

2BAF9549-1745-46F1-90DF-F2BCBEC85509.jpeg

63D220F8-6344-4FA6-A36D-6C2FB64342EF.jpeg

0B283B33-8887-4286-ADC8-5D0E14BB57B0.jpeg

Thank you all for your words of advice, encouraging comments, and critique.
Happy Growing 🌸🌸🌸

5B2558F3-F970-4EAF-8FE8-DD5DD7B0EA24.jpeg
Beautiful ❤️

Day 115 Thursday (03/16/23)
Flip Day 59
Flower Day 51

Good Evening Everyone🌸 I am posting a quick update regarding the girls, forgive me as I am a bit scatter- brained at the moment. They are still receiving rain water and doing well. I have noticed a few changes since the last update. First change being there are many more orange pistils. I have checked the trichomes daily and noticed that the trichomes on some of the sugar leaves have begun to turn amber. GP2 who is the most developed definitely has cloudy trichomes from top of the plant to the bottom. I tested a piece of one of the little small nugs on the very bottom Tuesday 03/14 and had the most wonderful high, I was ecstatic with the results🥰. I tested GP1’s small bottom nugs as well Wednesday 3/15, (who is the least developed) these still have lots of white pistils as well as trichomes that are just starting to turn cloudy with clear ones still but only at the bottom of the plant. The top and mid layers have orange pistils and cloudy trichomes. I can definitely tell the difference in the THC levels with this test and although the high was okay it was not amazing like GP2’s but I honestly didn’t expect much these were done simply due to curiosity. GP3 who was my little runt would be in the middle I suppose when it comes to bud development and ripeness, her trichomes bulbs are half cloudy and half clear with some being all cloudy and none being clear at the bottom. The middle and top nugs all have orange pistils .I did not test one of her little bottom nugs. All of the girls have started to have a change in leaf color as the nutrients in the soil are starting to become depleted. I will not and have not added any more gaia green as I do not think I will need to before harvesting. I plan on harvesting them all at the same time as long as GP2 doesn’t start have amber trichomes on her calyxes. Due to the daily monitoring, I suspect GP1 will be ready by mid to end of next week on her bottom layers.
I also received the grove bags I ordered yesterday and I am interested to see how this cure will go.
I am also going back and forth with whether to wet trim or dry trim… while testing the bottom nugs trimming was so sticky and barely touched the buds and held them by the stems.🤔🤔 It’s hard to imagine trimming the plant that way.

Here are a few pictures of the girls that were taken today.
EFB699CB-31D7-4E5A-BABF-EAD105039792.jpeg
107B7B42-903A-4EEF-8B20-D0ECB3885C1C.jpeg
1445508B-21E9-4105-8D8D-1604C40AA430.jpeg
B9B44A3F-06D3-4BDB-A3D5-077080E3B707.jpeg
3911A738-8EF9-4D4A-8699-14850D711FB9.jpeg
13B37A7D-BEE2-4C4F-B831-E77C4CDCA301.jpeg
4A04A9AB-D024-4548-B94D-D2178355A68C.jpeg

I hope everyone is doing well, I have been beyond busy with preparing for the move but I am content. As always thank you for your continued support and words of wisdom and critique.
Happy Growing🌸🌸

Day 115 Thursday (03/16/23)
Flip Day 59
Flower Day 51

Good Evening Everyone🌸 I am posting a quick update regarding the girls, forgive me as I am a bit scatter- brained at the moment. They are still receiving rain water and doing well. I have noticed a few changes since the last update. First change being there are many more orange pistils. I have checked the trichomes daily and noticed that the trichomes on some of the sugar leaves have begun to turn amber. GP2 who is the most developed definitely has cloudy trichomes from top of the plant to the bottom. I tested a piece of one of the little small nugs on the very bottom Tuesday 03/14 and had the most wonderful high, I was ecstatic with the results🥰. I tested GP1’s small bottom nugs as well Wednesday 3/15, (who is the least developed) these still have lots of white pistils as well as trichomes that are just starting to turn cloudy with clear ones still but only at the bottom of the plant. The top and mid layers have orange pistils and cloudy trichomes. I can definitely tell the difference in the THC levels with this test and although the high was okay it was not amazing like GP2’s but I honestly didn’t expect much these were done simply due to curiosity. GP3 who was my little runt would be in the middle I suppose when it comes to bud development and ripeness, her trichomes bulbs are half cloudy and half clear with some being all cloudy and none being clear at the bottom. The middle and top nugs all have orange pistils .I did not test one of her little bottom nugs. All of the girls have started to have a change in leaf color as the nutrients in the soil are starting to become depleted. I will not and have not added any more gaia green as I do not think I will need to before harvesting. I plan on harvesting them all at the same time as long as GP2 doesn’t start have amber trichomes on her calyxes. Due to the daily monitoring, I suspect GP1 will be ready by mid to end of next week on her bottom layers.
I also received the grove bags I ordered yesterday and I am interested to see how this cure will go.
I am also going back and forth with whether to wet trim or dry trim… while testing the bottom nugs trimming was so sticky and barely touched the buds and held them by the stems.🤔🤔 It’s hard to imagine trimming the plant that way.

Here are a few pictures of the girls that were taken today.
EFB699CB-31D7-4E5A-BABF-EAD105039792.jpeg
107B7B42-903A-4EEF-8B20-D0ECB3885C1C.jpeg
1445508B-21E9-4105-8D8D-1604C40AA430.jpeg
B9B44A3F-06D3-4BDB-A3D5-077080E3B707.jpeg
3911A738-8EF9-4D4A-8699-14850D711FB9.jpeg
13B37A7D-BEE2-4C4F-B831-E77C4CDCA301.jpeg
4A04A9AB-D024-4548-B94D-D2178355A68C.jpeg

I hope everyone is doing well, I have been beyond busy with preparing for the move but I am content. As always thank you for your continued support and words of wisdom and critique.
Happy Growing🌸🌸
Good morning my friend, hope you are well.
Your testers will be a bit weak, a lot of the good stuff is produced at the end.
Speaking of end I believe you are a touch early in your estimation. :Namaste:
When your girls are finished flowering all the white pistils will be gone.
They turn red and crinkle in.
Thats when I start checking trics.
Only the ones on the buds.
Sugar leaves don't matter.
As the pistils crinkle in she will stop eating.
Another sign flowering is finished.
Are they still draining their pots?
If so you have some time left.
They will swell and form thc and turpines at the end.
You don't want to deprive yourself of that goodness.
Let them be for a bit and watch the pistils and water uptake.
Also I'd keep feeding till the very end, just my way. :Namaste:
Be patient, you don't want to waste 4 months work over a couple weeks.
Hope this doesn't disappoint you, I know your excited to chop.
Take care.
Talk soon.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

That's some beautiful looking bud there. 👍👍👍
Thank you SJB overall i’m happy with how things are turning out, i didn’t know what to expect for my first grow but i’m definitely happy😊
Good morning my friend, hope you are well.
Your testers will be a bit weak, a lot of the good stuff is produced at the end.
Speaking of end I believe you are a touch early in your estimation. :Namaste:
When your girls are finished flowering all the white pistils will be gone.
They turn red and crinkle in.
Thats when I start checking trics.
Only the ones on the buds.
Sugar leaves don't matter.
As the pistils crinkle in she will stop eating.
Another sign flowering is finished.
Are they still draining their pots?
If so you have some time left.
They will swell and form thc and turpines at the end.
You don't want to deprive yourself of that goodness.
Let them be for a bit and watch the pistils and water uptake.
Also I'd keep feeding till the very end, just my way. :Namaste:
Be patient, you don't want to waste 4 months work over a couple weeks.
Hope this doesn't disappoint you, I know your excited to chop.
Take care.
Talk soon.

Bill284 😎
Good Morning Bill🌞🌞 I hope all is well with you as well, i can’t complain really lol.
As far as the testers go I wasn’t expecting much just got curious and figured why not😂. For my estimation, I will definitely take take what you said into consideration, although it’s not so much a patience thing and is more of the tent will have to come down soon because of open houses and showings and what not. Although when all the pistils have turned brown and shriveled inwards and you start to check the trichomes do you notice a small percentage of amber trichomes on the buds themselves? Just curious because this is what I want to avoid if possible, none or very very few amber if possible.
For the sugar leaves, I’m not worried about those I know the amber don’t matter was just noting some visible differences since the last update. Although I do plan on using those for edibles, should I dry/cure those as well? I’ve heard of some people freezing them?

As far as feeding goes the reason I have not feed them was due to my estimate and I know with top soil organic feeding, it can take up 2 two weeks I believe for those nutrients to break down and become available to the plant. If I am going by my flip day and the seed banks recommendation of flowering is between 8-9 weeks, I am very wary to go beyond that, as today Friday 03/16/2023 would be flip day 60 which is roughly 8 weeks, although another source from a different seed bank says 9-10 weeks so I do not know🤔.

When you say draining the pot do you mean drinking water? I still water twice daily but with the drip irrigation system. I will have to pay closer attention to the water intake. Can I take that to mean that when they are finished they will stop intaking water, and the soil will remain wet?

Sorry for the multitude of questions I just want to make sure I understand your advice😊 Thank you as always.
I am not disappointed in the least I’m typically I very patient person it’s just that now I have a time crunch but hopefully things will line up and they will be able to reach their full potential before I am forced to chop them down🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾

Thank you SJB overall i’m happy with how things are turning out, i didn’t know what to expect for my first grow but i’m definitely happy😊
Your doing a fantastic job. :bravo:
Good Morning Bill🌞🌞 I hope all is well with you as well, i can’t complain really lol.
As far as the testers go I wasn’t expecting much just got curious and figured why not😂. For my estimation, I will definitely take take what you said into consideration, although it’s not so much a patience thing and is more of the tent will have to come down soon because of open houses and showings and what not
Ah yes I forgot you mentioned that before. :Namaste:
I have trouble remembering details from everyone's threads.
Just too many for my old noodle.
. Although when all the pistils have turned brown and shriveled inwards and you start to check the trichomes do you notice a small percentage of amber trichomes on the buds themselves? Just curious because this is what I want to avoid if possible, none or very very few amber if possible.
Ambers are probably already there, unavoidable.
Its the state of the bud that the trics indicate.
So just a small percentage is what your looking for.
A more energetic feeling? Correct?
What you should be looking for is a higher percentage of clear trics.
As the buds start to ripen the clear trics cloud up.
That's the window for a energetic feeding.
Ambers will be visible, don't fret.
It's the overall accumulation your concerned with.
For the sugar leaves, I’m not worried about those I know the amber don’t matter was just noting some visible differences since the last update. Although I do plan on using those for edibles, should I dry/cure those as well? I’ve heard of some people freezing them?
I freeze my trim right away.
When I'm ready I pull a pound out and decarb then make butter, chocolate, salve, soap, lip balm....... tons of stuff.
As far as feeding goes the reason I have not feed them was due to my estimate and I know with top soil organic feeding, it can take up 2 two weeks I believe for those nutrients to break down and become available to the plant.
Thats great, we all have our own method. :thumb:
In fact don't listen to just me.
This is all just what works for me.
Everyone has terrific methods that work for them.
Read other journals and listen to other members.
You will eventually find a combination of everything you learn that works for you.
If I am going by my flip day and the seed banks recommendation of flowering is between 8-9 weeks, I am very wary to go beyond that, as today Friday 03/16/2023 would be flip day 60 which is roughly 8 weeks, although another source from a different seed bank says 9-10 weeks so I do not know🤔.
Seed companies are known for underestimating flower times.
Seriously they do it.
If the package had of said 11-12 weeks would you still buy it? Right
But they fudge a bit and underestimate constantly.
So take that with a grain of salt.
When you say draining the pot do you mean drinking water? I still water twice daily but with the drip irrigation system. I will have to pay closer attention to the water intake. Can I take that to mean that when they are finished they will stop intaking water, and the soil will remain wet?
So here is my memory loss again, when you say soil do you mean coco?
Can you feel the weight of the pot?
At the end they stop eating/drinking/ draining their pots.
So if you on a drip system it wil eventually just fill the pot.
If she is drinking she is swelling, remember that.
Sorry for the multitude of questions
Ask everything you want, no worries.
I don't explain things aswell as some, so follow up as much as you like.
And i frequently miss parts of a question too so it's all good.
I just want to make sure I understand your advice😊 Thank you as always.
I am not disappointed in the least I’m typically I very patient person it’s just that now I have a time crunch but hopefully things will line up and they will be able to reach their full potential before I am forced to chop them down🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾
Your more than welcome my friend.
Talk soon.

Bi:D😎

Thank you so much @Bill284 ! I will definitely be checking the weight of the pots to see if they are still drinking, although I can say I have definitely noticed a slower intake of water as the plants can go longer in between it seems. As for the drip its more like a very small stream but I only let it run for 5 minutes twice a day so it’s not continuous, but they seem to like it.

As far as seed companies underestimating the time during flowering I wasn’t aware of that. I just assumed do to gardening(vegetable)they are usually pretty accurate so I guess I assumed cannabis would be the same. I will be keeping it in mind for this grow and future grows although during my next grow I won’t be in a time crunch so they can grow for half a year if need be 😂.

As for the effects yes, with this particular strain that is what I am looking for since it is already a 60/40 hybrid.

I will also freeze my trim then and not waste time curing it.. but once it unthaws won’t the leaves be soggy? 🤔🤔 But i guess they would get soggy anyway, and dry during the decarb?

When I say soil, i meant fox farm. I thought coco was coconut coir and I thought that was a different type of growing medium. I am using fox farm soil(which may have coco coir in it🤔) worm castings, and gaia green.

For the feeding, I just didn’t think with top soil feeding the nutrients would be available to the plants in time before a chop so I thought it would be a waste but if I am wrong please correct me. I still have plenty of gaia greens to give them if it would be beneficial.

Thank you again for the wealth of information and advice, I am so grateful. I hope the timing works out so they can reach their full potential. 🍀🍀🍀🍀

Happy Growing🌸🌸

Thank you so much @Bill284 ! I will definitely be checking the weight of the pots to see if they are still drinking, although I can say I have definitely noticed a slower intake of water as the plants can go longer in between it seems. As for the drip its more like a very small stream but I only let it run for 5 minutes twice a day so it’s not continuous, but they seem to like it.

As far as seed companies underestimating the time during flowering I wasn’t aware of that.
There isn't any oversight in labeling.
So some companies fudge the weeks a little to improve sales. :rolleyes:
I just assumed do to gardening(vegetable)they are usually pretty accurate so I guess I assumed cannabis would be the same. I will be keeping it in mind for this grow and future grows although during my next grow I won’t be in a time crunch so they can grow for half a year if need be 😂.
I forgot about showing the house.
Your going to have to chop regardless of age.:Namaste:
It happens, hopefully you don't have to worry in the new location.
As for the effects yes, with this particular strain that is what I am looking for since it is already a 60/40 hybrid.

I will also freeze my trim then and not waste time curing it.. but once it unthaws won’t the leaves be soggy? 🤔🤔 But i guess they would get soggy anyway, and dry during the decarb?
I freeze it right away.
When I'm ready I steam it in the oven
You need 245 f at least 45 - 60 minutes to get it defrosted and decarbed.
Then into your pot, ready to use.
When I say soil, i meant fox farm. I thought coco was coconut coir and I thought that was a different type of growing medium. I am using fox farm soil(which may have coco coir in it🤔) worm castings, and gaia green.
I'm speechless, :rofl:
I've never seen anyone run a 2x a day drip feed in soil.
Soil requires a dry period in between watering.
So I am not sure how your doing this and getting good results. :thumb:
But that's great for you, I'm impressed. :adore:

For the feeding, I just didn’t think with top soil feeding the nutrients would be available to the plants in time before a chop so I thought it would be a waste but if I am wrong please correct me. I still have plenty of gaia greens to give them if it would be beneficial.
When was the last time you applied some?
I just like to make sure there is always nutrients available.
It's important at the end to give them good nutrition so they reach their potential.
Just don't starve them.
Thank you again for the wealth of information and advice, I am so grateful. I hope the timing works out so they can reach their full potential. 🍀🍀🍀🍀

Happy Growing🌸🌸
Hope you get done in time aswell.
Have a nice weekend.
Talk soon.

Bill284 😎

Hi Bill, plants do exceptionally well in SIPs and swicks which indicates that a dry period is not necessary imo. I hope you are having a fabulous weekend :passitleft:

I'm with Bill about how close to the end you are, so I'd feed them again unless your open house is in 2 weeks. If you have a date certain when they're coming down then talk of pistils and trichomes and amber and clear is academic, but even from the remote camera pics there are enough white pistils for me to guess 2-4 weeks out.
So I am not sure how your doing this and getting good results.
What Carmen said about bottom watering, and MrSauga ran an automated daily(?) drip system on a soil grow of his and they turned out great! I might be wrong about how often he watered but he specifically didn't do a wet/dry cycle.

I'm with Bill about how close to the end you are, so I'd feed them again unless your open house is in 2 weeks. If you have a date certain when they're coming down then talk of pistils and trichomes and amber and clear is academic, but even from the remote camera pics there are enough white pistils for me to guess 2-4 weeks out.

What Carmen said about bottom watering, and MrSauga ran an automated daily(?) drip system on soil grow of his and they turned out great! I might be wrong about how often he watered but he specifically didn't do a wet/dry cycle.
My soil is never dry..

Hi Bill, plants do exceptionally well in SIPs and swicks which indicates that a dry period is not necessary imo. I hope you are having a fabulous weekend :passitleft:
Is he running a sip?
I thought it was a pot full of soil. :Namaste:
Sips not my Forte.:rofl:
Hope your doing well Carmen.:ciao:

Bill284 😎

My soil is never dry..
I ran soil in the greenhouse this past summer.
Soaked it every day with nutrients.
So your right. :thumb:
I usually run coco.

Bill284 😎

As for soil getting dry, my soil does get dry, I water once in the morning and once in the evening although with each watering only a small amount is going directly to the roots. @Bill284 have you always used coco as opposed to soil?
But I think they may have actually stopped drinking or slowed down dramatically. Due to being scatter-brained I thought I was watering and forgot that I did, because when I went into the tent the soil would be wet still. Earlier in flower it would be bone dry and wilt very easily even when only. few hours absent of their normal watering time. Now I have to figure out which it is😂😂. But i made a conscious decision yesterday to only water once and typically if they are still drinking they should be a tad wilted this morning. Lights come on in 7 minutes so we shall see.

What Carmen said about bottom watering, and MrSauga ran an automated daily(?) drip system on a soil grow of his and they turned out great! I might be wrong about how often he watered but he specifically didn't do a wet/dry cycle.
Although my drip system isn’t really a continuous drip/ more like tiny tiny stream that I turn on and off so the soil definitely get dry in between as only a small amount of water is going directly to the roots for 5 minutes.
For the quality sake I hope it is not 4 weeks as I won’t be able to put the open house off another month lol. My fingers are crossed 🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾
As far as the pistils, I do see a few white ones but GP2 and GP3 have very few and most are orange and have gone inward, will they also change to brown or remain this color? Although I am following a few threads and notice lots of white pistils when some chop, does that mean their trichomes are still clear ?
CCD59A42-CED1-4DF3-A74E-3C1AAE38DF77.jpeg

Carmen, I think you bring up a great point about the SIP, I hope all is well with you😊

My soil is never dry..
I think that it is okay SJB as long as you have proper drainage and don’t get root rot😊 Everyone has their own methods that work and I think that’s one of the many beauties of gardening

I’m happy that everyone is having a friendly discussion, and always appreciate any input, advice and comments and critique. I hope everyone is having an amazing weekend🌸 I am grateful for you all.

As for soil getting dry, my soil does get dry, I water once in the morning and once in the evening although with each watering only a small amount is going directly to the roots. @Bill284 have you always used coco as opposed to soil?
I ran soil in the greenhouse 1/2 the girls probably 15 or so.
But i started in bx and went to coco.
I find it muc simpler 5han soil.
Just feed what they need, no guessing what's in the pot!
Plus growth is about 1/3 rd faster.
Sips are popular lately.
But Bill284 Method in coco is easy and very effective for production.
Just a thought. :Namaste:
But I think they may have actually stopped drinking or slowed down dramatically. Due to being scatter-brained I thought I was watering and forgot that I did, because when I went into the tent the soil would be wet still. Earlier in flower it would be bone dry and wilt very easily even when only. few hours absent of their normal watering time. Now I have to figure out which it is😂😂. But i made a conscious decision yesterday to only water once and typically if they are still drinking they should be a tad wilted this morning. Lights come on in 7 minutes so we shall see.

Although my drip system isn’t really a continuous drip/ more like tiny tiny stream that I turn on and off so the soil definitely get dry in between as only a small amount of water is going directly to the roots for 5 minutes.
For the quality sake I hope it is not 4 weeks as I won’t be able to put the open house off another month lol. My fingers are crossed 🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾
As far as the pistils, I do see a few white ones but GP2 and GP3 have very few and most are orange and have gone inward, will they also change to brown or remain this color? Although I am following a few threads and notice lots of white pistils when some chop, does that mean their trichomes are still clear ?
CCD59A42-CED1-4DF3-A74E-3C1AAE38DF77.jpeg

Carmen, I think you bring up a great point about the SIP, I hope all is well with you😊

I think that it is okay SJB as long as you have proper drainage and don’t get root rot😊 Everyone has their own methods that work and I think that’s one of the many beauties of gardening

I’m happy that everyone is having a friendly discussion, and always appreciate any input, advice and comments and critique. I hope everyone is having an amazing weekend🌸 I am grateful for you all.

Bill284 😎

In the flower shot there are still some white pistils near the top (looked like more in the whole tent shots), but if you see someone harvesting with a lot of white pistils they might have been on a plant with a lot of foxtailing going on. When a plant pushes out foxtails (either for genetic or environmental reasons), it might push out white pistils long after when the harvest window would be for the original calyxes.

If the plants had a lot of white pistils and no foxtails then it's almost certain that many of the trichomes were still clear.

Back
Top Bottom