My First Grow: Georgia Pie

CrochetingHybrids

Hi Everyone and Welcome
This is my first ever grow & first post, I am a complete novice so please forgive my ignorance. Although I love vegetable gardening and I start those seeds indoors and then transplant them outside in the spring that is where my plant knowledge stops. I am always open to suggestions 😃.

Let’s Get Into The Specs
Tent : CoolGrows Tent 48x48X80
Light: Bloom Plus LED BP 3000W
Inline Fan: AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6, Quiet
6” Inline Duct Fan with
temperature and humidity
I will be switching this out with a controler that is wifi and bluetooth compatible since this one is only bluetooth.
Filter: AC Infinity Air Carbon Filter 6"
Fans:( 2) 6” Clip On Fans
Humidifier
Camera (To observe without opening tent)

Soil: FoxFarm Ocean Forest Potting Soil Mix
(Since Gaia Greens Organic Living Soil doesn’t ship to the US)
Gaia Green 4-4-4 All Purpose Organic Fertilizer
Gaia Green 2-4-8 Power Bloom( I haven’t used this yet)
Organic Worm Castings

Strain: Georgia Pie( Feminized Seeds)
Indica-dominant hybrid cannabis strain (60% Indica / 40% Sativa)
Georgia Pie seeds have a flowering period of 63-70 days when grown indoors

I started the germination process 11/20 directly in peat pellets
All three Seeds popped between 11/23 - 11/25
I removed the peat pellet netting and put them into pink solo cups and added drainage holes /using fox farm soil, worm castings and gaia greens - 444 (11/27)

So far throughout the grow one has been completely lagging behind the other two and normally I would have tossed it but i only had three seeds so i’m not going to give up on it just yet.

Yesterday I noticed slight drooping of leaves due to needing water, and I also transplanted the bigger two(GP1 and GP2) into 1/2 gallon containers and put GP3(the little one) in a new solo cup with new soil. During transplant noticed the roots of GP1 and GP2 were just beginning to circle the bottom of the cups

This is what they look like this morning 12/10 after being transplanted last night GP1- The biggest, GP2- In the middle, and GP3- The struggler 😂.

I will begin taking more pictures. Today is day 19 since I put them in the peat pellets late at night 11/20.

I look forward to interacting with you all🙋🏾‍♀️

18DC465D-2BE4-4F14-8C20-F1FA34585A98.jpeg

Hi Everyone and Welcome
This is my first ever grow & first post, I am a complete novice so please forgive my ignorance. Although I love vegetable gardening and I start those seeds indoors and then transplant them outside in the spring that is where my plant knowledge stops. I am always open to suggestions 😃.

Let’s Get Into The Specs
6” Inline Duct Fan with
temperature and humidity
I will be switching this out with a controler that is wifi and bluetooth compatible since this one is only bluetooth.
Humidifier

Organic Worm Castings

I removed the peat pellet netting and put them into pink solo cups and added drainage holes /using fox farm soil, worm castings and gaia greens - 444 (11/27)

So far throughout the grow one has been completely lagging behind the other two and normally I would have tossed it but i only had three seeds so i’m not going to give up on it just yet.

Yesterday I noticed slight drooping of leaves due to needing water, and I also transplanted the bigger two(GP1 and GP2) into 1/2 gallon containers and put GP3(the little one) in a new solo cup with new soil. During transplant noticed the roots of GP1 and GP2 were just beginning to circle the bottom of the cups

This is what they look like this morning 12/10 after being transplanted last night GP1- The biggest, GP2- In the middle, and GP3- The struggler 😂.

I will begin taking more pictures. Today is day 19 since I put them in the peat pellets late at night 11/20.

Welcome to 420 magazine, looks like your off to a great start. Don't give up on the runt, sometimes they end up being the tastiest

Welcome to 420 magazine, looks like your off to a great start. Don't give up on the runt, sometimes they end up being the tastiest
Thank you for the warm welcome :) I won’t give up on GP3, I like a good gardening challenge… well anything but pests.

Hi Everyone and Welcome

Let’s Get Into The Specs
6” Inline Duct Fan with
temperature and humidity
Humidifier

Organic Worm Castings

Hey @CrochetingHybrids hope you are doing well my friend. :high-five:
Hope you have room for me?
Georgia Pie sounds interesting.
Keep up the good work.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Hey @CrochetingHybrids hope you are doing well my friend. :high-five:
Hope you have room for me?
Georgia Pie sounds interesting.
Keep up the good work.
Take care.

Good Morning, I am lovely this morning, I hope all is well with you? Of course there is room, the more the merrier ! Georgie pie is my favorite hybrid strain, second would probably be “mimosa” or “it’s mimosa”. Leafly Georgie Pie Info. It isn’t sold in my state within 100miles so I decided to grow it myself .

Good Morning, I am lovely this morning, I hope all is well with you? Of course there is room, the more the merrier ! Georgie pie is my favorite hybrid strain, second would probably be “mimosa” or “it’s mimosa”. Leafly Georgie Pie Info. It isn’t sold in my state within 100miles so I decided to grow it myself .
My favorite lately is Apple Betty from @Herbies Seeds.
A very euphoric and giggly feeling is prevalent in the smoke.
Plus it's the most beautiful plantvi have grown, ever.
Looking forward to a fun one, take care.

:ciao: CH! Found you from @Carmen Ray's new thread so I thought I'd pull up a chair. Good stuff so far and I especially like the fact that you take the cover of the peat pucks before planting. :)

Oh, check your signature since the link isn't working.
Thank’s so much, I’m happy to have you😊. I feel like the netting kind of restricts the roots, i know it’s suppose to be degradable but is it really😅?

Good Morning🌞
Day 20(12/14)
This morning I noticed some lightening of the top of GP1 and GP2. I’m thinking slight light burn maybe, since I transplanted them into 1/2 gallons they are closer to the light then they were before. It could be a deficiency but since bottom leaves are unaffected i’m not sure🤔. l will monitor closely.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to their mornings.

E40F4623-24E0-4DAD-A592-C127217FFE1E.jpeg

580CB30B-C412-46F3-9220-9DA81C3FEB16.jpeg

4135F6D3-44E4-4B43-8FDA-CFB9152A51BF.jpeg

Good Morning🌞
Day 20(12/14)
This morning I noticed some lightening of the top of GP1 and GP2. I’m thinking slight light burn maybe, since I transplanted them into 1/2 gallons they are closer to the light then they were before. It could be a deficiency but since bottom leaves are unaffected i’m not sure🤔. l will monitor closely.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to their mornings.

E40F4623-24E0-4DAD-A592-C127217FFE1E.jpeg

580CB30B-C412-46F3-9220-9DA81C3FEB16.jpeg

4135F6D3-44E4-4B43-8FDA-CFB9152A51BF.jpeg
I don't see any burn, the new growth is lighter green in the beginning. They fade to a darker green later.

Are you top dressing with the Gaia Green or did you blend it into the soil before transplant?
I blended the 444 into the soil when I transplanted from peat pellets to the solo cups on 11/27. I have not used anymore since, I was thinking about top dressing when it is time. Do you think it could be nutrient burn? I used very little and mostly used worm castings.

Can you burn plants with mix-in organic fertilizer? I'm a synthetic fertilizer grower.

I was just eliminating possibilities for your lighter green leaves. I'd ignore it for now as I'm not seeing a big enough difference to create an action plan!
I'm not sure...I never have before with any of my vegetables but that doesn't mean it's not possible, i'll research and found out. I also think it might be a difference in cameras as well. When I posted my original pictures they were from the camera in the grow tent, these were from an iphone. But as I look at them with my naked eye they don't actually look that light at the top. There is a difference in color but not as vibrant as I first thought. Thank you for your thoughts and input, I will wait before taking action:thumb:

Definitely rely on your eye when gauging color. Cameras are notoriously fickle for color and brightness.
I will from now on, I actually took the pictures quickly without looking at the plant with my eyes(i wanted to close back up the tent to keep the humidity in) .. I was only looking through camera. When i ran back upstairs to look my mind went “oh… it’s not the bright” 😂.

Back
Top Bottom