My First Grow: Georgia Pie

Day 21 (12/12)
Yesterday’s post for suppose to be for 12/11😅 not 12/14

They were a watered last night,
GP3(took a tumble while i was vacuuming out the tent this morning, so she’s a bit smushed but she’s still alive)
GP1 has her first set of 5 finger leaves coming in😁
GP2 is also sporting new growth.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday🙂
E6C6AD14-590B-45E1-9174-6D98EFF3394B.jpeg
I

2743860A-4914-4DF9-928D-C704F8506913.jpeg

Day 21 (12/12)
Yesterday’s post for suppose to be for 12/11😅 not 12/14

They were a watered last night,
GP3(took a tumble while i was vacuuming out the tent this morning, so she’s a bit smushed but she’s still alive)
GP1 has her first set of 5 finger leaves coming in😁
GP2 is also sporting new growth.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday🙂
E6C6AD14-590B-45E1-9174-6D98EFF3394B.jpeg
I

2743860A-4914-4DF9-928D-C704F8506913.jpeg
Looks good buddy! I’m gonna follow along!

Day 22(12/13)
Good Morning, I hope everyone is doing well. I opened the tent this morning to check on things and had a pleasant surprise. Visually things are pretty similar to yesterday, GP3 is recovering from her tumble and I noticed GP2 and GP1’s roots just starting to reach the bottom of their 1/2 gallon pots. As soon as I opened the tent I noticed it was very fragrant. I haven’t smelled anything until this point, so it was a nice surprise. The smell is also completely contained within the tent(so far)I assume it is from GP1 since she is the most developed. I’m starting to wonder about some light training🤔 and how I will go about it. I don’t think i’ve mentioned this before but I keep temps between 70-80 while lights are on and 65-75 while light are off. RH between 60-80, due to georgia pie being described as liking hot weather and high humidity. Currently on a 16/8 light schedule. I will also be traveling for 3 days so I am prepping my setup to maintain itself in my absence(the best it can). I hope everyone is having an amazing Tuesday😊

7C596F6B-FE89-4BA8-ABFE-A8B1B5AFC541.jpeg

B8244157-BC4D-4967-9E9D-3DA3EB0AF4F0.jpeg

Good Morning🌞
Day 20(12/14)
This morning I noticed some lightening of the top of GP1 and GP2. I’m thinking slight light burn maybe, since I transplanted them into 1/2 gallons they are closer to the light then they were before. It could be a deficiency but since bottom leaves are unaffected i’m not sure🤔. l will monitor closely.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to their mornings.

E40F4623-24E0-4DAD-A592-C127217FFE1E.jpeg

580CB30B-C412-46F3-9220-9DA81C3FEB16.jpeg

4135F6D3-44E4-4B43-8FDA-CFB9152A51BF.jpeg
I think they look great 👍👍💚

Day 22(12/13)
Good Morning, I hope everyone is doing well. I opened the tent this morning to check on things and had a pleasant surprise. Visually things are pretty similar to yesterday, GP3 is recovering from her tumble and I noticed GP2 and GP1’s roots just starting to reach the bottom of their 1/2 gallon pots. As soon as I opened the tent I noticed it was very fragrant. I haven’t smelled anything until this point, so it was a nice surprise. The smell is also completely contained within the tent(so far)I assume it is from GP1 since she is the most developed. I’m starting to wonder about some light training🤔 and how I will go about it. I don’t think i’ve mentioned this before but I keep temps between 70-80 while lights are on and 65-75 while light are off. RH between 60-80, due to georgia pie being described as liking hot weather and high humidity. Currently on a 16/8 light schedule. I will also be traveling for 3 days so I am prepping my setup to maintain itself in my absence(the best it can). I hope everyone is having an amazing Tuesday😊

Good morning Amigo.
Looking good. :thumb:
Upside but good. :rofl:
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Day 22(12/13)

As far as maintaining while your away I know you said you travel every so often you should definitely consider a SIP bucket
Has @Azimuth invited you to check out the SIPCLUB yet? I would feel confident leaving the plant with a sip otherwise it can be nerve racking. Just make sure that all your timers and lights are working properly check all connections and the last thing before you walk out the door should be making sure they have enough water to last the duration of your trip.
I’ve come back to plants bone dry after a weekend trip depending on how much they are drinking.
I would up pot anything in a solo cup for sure that will dry out in a day or so if she’s got the roots to drink.
Just some food for thought.
Enjoy your trip!

Good morning Amigo.
Looking good. :thumb:
Upside but good. :rofl:
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:
Thank you😂, I actually installed the camera upside down, i forgot to flip the images… don’t tell anyone😂
Looking good! I'd make 70° the lower end of the temp range as nutrient uptake slows starting around 65.

What type of training have you seen in other journals that you like and how long were you planning on vegging (or how big can you let them get)?
Thank you so much for the advice. I will adjust the temp settings not to drop below 70😊. I am interested in the trellis netting or canopy type of training, but i’m always open to suggestions. The tent is a little over 6.5ft. I myself am only 4’11 but I can get a little stepping stool if need be. I was thinking of letting them veg for 2 to 2.5 months, this is because the flowering time is listed as 8-9 weeks from the site i purchased the seeds. Is that a good amount of time?
Also just out of curiosity is there a specific reason your on 16/8 light schedule?
Honestly there is no reason in particular I just know that they need 12/12 for flowering. I’m definitely open to suggestions for the light settings 😊

As far as maintaining while your away I know you said you travel every so often you should definitely consider a SIP bucket
Has @Azimuth invited you to check out the SIPCLUB yet? I would feel confident leaving the plant with a sip otherwise it can be nerve racking. Just make sure that all your timers and lights are working properly check all connections and the last thing before you walk out the door should be making sure they have enough water to last the duration of your trip.
I’ve come back to plants bone dry after a weekend trip depending on how much they are drinking.
I would up pot anything in a solo cup for sure that will dry out in a day or so if she’s got the roots to drink.
Just some food for thought.
Enjoy your trip!
Thank you so much for the suggestion, I learned about the SIP bucket while in another thread, i plan to deep dive into research tonight after work. Although I have not checked out the sipclub yet, i’d love to and i’ll check it out. I am such a paranoid person so I will be checking them multiple times before leaving as well as throughout the week. (I may or may not check multiple times throughout the day already😂). I really appreciate all of the amazing tips, I will reset the router before leaving to ensure a steady and strong connection. Unfortunately little GP3 in her solo cup roots are not long at all and reach about the middle of the cup(as of today). I was thinking maybe some mycorrhizae to help her out?Do you think it’s safe to put her in a 1/2 gallon? Thank you again 😊

Thank you so much for the suggestion, I learned about the SIP bucket while in another thread, i plan to deep dive into research tonight after work. Although I have not checked out the sipclub yet, i’d love to and i’ll check it out. I am such a paranoid person so I will be checking them multiple times before leaving as well as throughout the week. (I may or may not check multiple times throughout the day already😂). I really appreciate all of the amazing tips, I will reset the router before leaving to ensure a steady and strong connection. Unfortunately little GP3 in her solo cup roots are not long at all and reach about the middle of the cup(as of today). I was thinking maybe some mycorrhizae to help her out?Do you think it’s safe to put her in a 1/2 gallon? Thank you again 😊
Absolutely no problem at all always happy to help!
Very good idea to reset the router!
As for GP3 I would not transplant her if she isn’t ready!
If her roots haven’t hit the bottoms of the cup and maybe even wrapped around a bit I wouldn’t move her she’s still too little the shock could prove detrimental at this stage plus I can’t remember but wasn’t she the one that was knocked over?
I would just make sure they have proper amount of water to last the days you will be gone over watering is probably worse than letting them go dry a day longer than you would like.

Oh and as for the mycorrhizae I have never mixed it in and watered tho I believe there are directions on my bottle on how to do so.
I’ve always done it at transplant.
I would continue the course don’t do too much to over compensate you not being there
Truth be told if they could talk they’d be kicking you out the door by now like
“We’re good mom go enjoy yourself!” 😂

I am interested in the trellis netting or canopy type of training, but i’m always open to suggestions. The tent is a little over 6.5ft. I myself am only 4’11 but I can get a little stepping stool if need be. I was thinking of letting them veg for 2 to 2.5 months, this is because the flowering time is listed as 8-9 weeks from the site i purchased the seeds. Is that a good amount of time?
Most lights require a minimum of 12" from the top of the plants (yours recommends 18"), plus whatever is mounted inside the top of the tent (fans and filters), and ideally you want your plants to have some extra space in case they stretch a lot or the light needs to be further away to prevent light burn.

Other things to consider in terms of veg time and size are the fact that your light has severe coverage drop-off at the edges of the 4x4 tent, as seen in their pic here:

1670958853252.png

That's about a 90% reduction in light from center to corner, so you will want to keep your plants growing much more in the middle rather than using the full space of the tent. Because of that I don't recommend you try to fill the net edge to edge if you go that route.

GP3 in her solo cup roots are not long at all and reach about the middle of the cup(as of today). I was thinking maybe some mycorrhizae to help her out?Do you think it’s safe to put her in a 1/2 gallon?
I agree with lootz about waiting to transplant. The rootball should come out whole with no loss of dirt when you upcan to minimize stress to the roots.

Most lights require a minimum of 12" from the top of the plants (yours recommends 18"), plus whatever is mounted inside the top of the tent (fans and filters), and ideally you want your plants to have some extra space in case they stretch a lot or the light needs to be further away to prevent light burn.

Other things to consider in terms of veg time and size are the fact that your light has severe coverage drop-off at the edges of the 4x4 tent, as seen in their pic here:

1670958853252.png

That's about a 90% reduction in light from center to corner, so you will want to keep your plants growing much more in the middle rather than using the full space of the tent. Because of that I don't recommend you try to fill the net edge to edge if you go that route.

I agree with lootz about waiting to transplant. The rootball should come out whole with no loss of dirt when you upcan to minimize stress to the roots.
Also it helps a lot to use Myco on the rootball and hole of your next uppot. CL🍀

Absolutely no problem at all always happy to help!
Very good idea to reset the router!
As for GP3 I would not transplant her if she isn’t ready!
If her roots haven’t hit the bottoms of the cup and maybe even wrapped around a bit I wouldn’t move her she’s still too little the shock could prove detrimental at this stage plus I can’t remember but wasn’t she the one that was knocked over?
I would just make sure they have proper amount of water to last the days you will be gone over watering is probably worse than letting them go dry a day longer than you would like.

Oh and as for the mycorrhizae I have never mixed it in and watered tho I believe there are directions on my bottle on how to do so.
I’ve always done it at transplant.
I would continue the course don’t do too much to over compensate you not being there
Truth be told if they could talk they’d be kicking you out the door by now like
“We’re good mom go enjoy yourself!” 😂
GP3 is my little struggler and yes she did take a tumble, her roots definitely have not reached the bottom i saw them during her fall, so I will wait to transplant unless she has a massive growth spurt before Friday😊I will try to calm down and not over compensate (I was looking at slow drip plant IV bags😅) but I will ensure the their basic needs are met. I also plan on researching SIP tonight.

1670958853252.png

Thank you for bringing this to my attention😊, what methods of training would you suggest for me? I’m up to try anything. I will research more methods tonight that are better suited for my setup. I am also willing to add additional lighting if need be, but that would be a last resort. I’m excited to see what I come across.
Also it helps a lot to use Myco on the rootball and hole of your next uppot. CL🍀
Thank you so much, I am currently waiting for it to arrive via mail . Whenever I transplant next I will definitely be trying this. 💙

Unless adding light is in the cards I would go with something that doesn't make them too wide but increases yields, like quadlining. Here's a good tutorial on how to start it.
I’ve got my research cut out for me tonight, the post was very informative I loved how it was step by step very beginner friendly thank you😊
They have a Guy on YouTube that trains autos and has great success I will try to find it for you.
Thank you so much, I plan to look on youtube as well, so much information on there it’s easy to get lost. Training methods are for both? It will be okay even if they aren’t autos? Or are they auto specific ? 🤔

Back
Top Bottom