420's Spydr's Grow Journal - 2016 - Sour Diesel

Day 37
I decided to top them all today. followed oldschool64's guide. Went pretty well. Was a little nervous but I got it done.

Screenshot_2016-04-07-16-40-56_1_.png

Day38
Watered the plants today. Bought reflector roll and added that to get some light to the smaller leaves now coming out. Plants look good.

Screenshot_2016-04-10-21-02-29_1_.png

Screenshot_2016-04-10-20-46-05_1_.png

Day 39
Plants look a little droopy today. I may have overwatered. I know I did. Dam noob.

Day 40
Well not much improvement. I decided it be best to transplant to 5 gallon pails. get the water out. I first scrapped off the top 3 inches of wet and replaced with dry dirt. Then I decided if the top is wet the bottom must be too. When I cut the bottom out of the first pot, it was drowning. I tried to get as much soggy soil out as possible and into dry dirt. Here are some pics. I drilled a bunch of holes in the bottom of the pails so the water drains better. The 3 gallon pots only had a hole in each corner and the water logged soil had nowhere to drain. I am putting this up so other noob's and first time growers such as myself know, drill holes in the bottom of your pots.

Screenshot_2016-04-10-20-35-30_1_.png

Screenshot_2016-04-10-20-35-28_1_.png

Screenshot_2016-04-10-20-35-23_1_.png

Screenshot_2016-04-10-20-35-35_1_.png

Hope they make it. Will know in the morning.

I water my 5 gal pails every 5 to 6 days..if you can get a moisture probe there 10 bucks. .lowes has them.i have a pic in the begging of my journal..

Look on line.it will tell you if they have them.you get one of those youll never over water a plant again..think walmart too..as for water ..just water till you get some drainage out the bottom..no set amount..all the pots drain different.1.5 to 2 gal average for my soil set up..may be different for yours..so remember just till some comes out the bottom..youll be good for around 5 days..peace keep up the good work..the rewards will be plentyfull..!!!
How much water are you putting in? I will look tomorrow I'm going to town. Thanks!

Spyder..You can throw that watering rule out the window there is no rule. Every soil mix drains different..you water till some comes out the bottom..no set amount.what ever it takes.no more no less.
Your plants look healthy, this will likely be a good grow.

Wouldn't worry about humidity. Too much humidity slows growth. 20-40% is good IMO.

The rule of thumb is 1 gallon of water for 5 gallons of soil. I do slightly less than a gallon once per week in veg, and a little more than 1/2 gallon 2-3 times per week later in bloom.[/QUOTE

Oh I know it, I almost drowned em all in half liter of water cause there were no working drain holes. Good news is they bounced right back.
I don't have a lowes here it went out of business. I live so far north I doubt Ill find one. We have Home Hardware or Canadian Tire in this small town of 3500. I mean hell we still have snow on the ground, about a foot of it.

Day 40
Bounced right back. Mission accomplished now lets see some growth.

Screenshot_2016-04-11-09-34-47.png

Off to town here soon. Ill see what I can find. Oldschool tell me about your sprays and are they organic or just organic based? If they are not is there anything I can do for them? Some of the bottom leaves have a tinge of yellow but I am assuming that's because they have been drowning. :Namaste:

Ok well Lowes Canada and Home Depot Canada don't carry these things. I ordered one off Amazon.ca seems its the only place to get the things you need in this country. Its a Luster Leaf Rapitest Electronic 4 way analyzer. 35 buck CDN so like 20 Dollars US. Shipping cost me 11 dollars but I want it in 3 days. We don't screw around here.

@old school 64

You are absolutely correct. I should have noted that it really depends on soil mix/growing medium. I add a little more perlite to my mix so it drains a bit more, which means watering more often with less water. With straight Professional's Choice Organic Potting Soil, though, 1 gallon water to 5 gallon soil is actually pretty damn close. Just an anecdote, but maybe for potting soil it is a decent guideline.

I'm 1/3 perlite 1/3 ewc/compost and 1/3 canna coco. In 3 gallon pots. 1 liter of water did not have run off and they were drenched on the bottom. Now, granted there were no holes in the bottom of those pots for the water to go through. Making me a little gun shy on the watering. I got nitrogen lock out. I been mixing all day as the top of soil dries out mixing it to the bottom on the outside of the 5 gallon pots making sure no to disturb the roots. Cant wait for this tester to show up so I can really see whats going on in there.

Man that sucks..yea change the soil..about all ya can do..cant even flush probally to fix it.repot is best choice
Ill have an update tomorrow in my journal..
Hope your girls get better..

Well.. I'm confused. So I got this 4 way analyzer in, right. Fertility says good. Moisture say perfect. Light intensity averages 6000. The PH says 6.9 so the soil should be good right? The only thing off is the run off I put in 5.5 and get back 7.4, I could some help figuring this one out. actually I am rechecking that right now to confirm. Well now it says 7 but still I shouldn't have problems then like I am having. The plants are stressed now. Guess just leave them alone for a few days watch the humidity.

Well. I have determined this 4 way monitor is a piece of shit and sending it back. I ordered another a digital one be here in 12 days. Nutes be here in 10 days. Soil in 3.

They are stressed. They are all hanging sad like. I chopped a lower leaf off my best plant it. Half of it turned brown and crusty. To be honest.. I'm ready to throw in the towel and get some new ones going. Get it right from the start. I don't know. I'll give em a few days see if they survive the stress I just put em through but with the coming lost time, and fighting all the problems it may be smarter to cut the lose. Opinions welcome.

Back
Top Bottom