Canadian Legal Grow - LP Genetics From Seed - Organic Soil - Sensi Star 2017

How goes the battle with the bugs Jim? I've been worried about bugs myself, have only had springtails so far but that was enough to give me a scare. I found putting fans down at the pot level, and elevating my pots helped with airflow and thus reducing my springtail problem. My peace treaty with my house centipede friends seems to help too - they pretty much guarantee they're the only bugs I see! :laugh:

What a week! life happened and we were unable to harvest last weekend. good news is no more signs of thrips on the new clones in flower or the original plant. Better news is it is actually showing lots of new pistals. best news is it has a tonne of amber trichs, harvest must happen this weekend. Will have a update sometime this weekend. managed to snap a few pics this morning.

#1 day 82
Day 55 of 12/12

IMAG27035.jpg

IMAG27173.jpg

So its done, 2 months flowering 228gr wet with a fair bit of stem. If it works out to 1oz dry from one small plant this set up, with two new plants put into flower every month should keep her supplied with meds. Lets hope this particular plant is a potent one:wood: (Smoke report to follow when available)

This journal was started to make some more info available on the genetics available from Canadian licensed producers, so lets talk a little about that. First of all we are by no means professionals here this however is not my first rodeo :cheesygrinsmiley: and i can say this particular plants phenotype seems to match very closely to all the posted info I have seen on this strain. ie. heavily indica growth pattern with very productive side branches thick coating of trichomes finishing between 55 and 65 days. given that only one of the seeds turned out to be female we may have just gotten lucky but i do feel a little more confident that Canntrust is able to produce quality seeds. However at $60 for 3 regular they are never going to be able to compete with the likes of THC Biomed let alone the black market. That being said this is a legal option for those looking to go that route.

Once the smoke report is in we will close up shop here i think i would like to keep a perpetual journal going this has been kind of fun, its nice to get input from the community and be able to look back and see where changes can be made so keep an eye out if you are interested.

Harvest Pics
Canntrust Sensi Star from seed
Day 83
day 56 12/12

Getting naked and ready for a bath

IMAG27203.jpg

IMAG27213.jpg

IMAG27235.jpg

Wet weight and no the clippers were not on the plate in the second pic:laughtwo:

IMAG27275.jpg

IMAG27254.jpg

Drip dry

IMAG2728_2.jpg

IMAG27314.jpg

Super frosty man! I bet those nugs won't lose as much weight as you think, they look nice and dense-my guess is 2 ounces my friend :)

They look mouthwatering .

Awesome news all around! Congrats on getting a handle on the thrips.

Thanks Dobewan I'm not certain that the thrips are eradicated but they are definitely under control. 10 days ago i found a ladybug out in the yard thought what the F cant hurt so i put it in the tent and we just saw it yesterday crawling around on the clones. Not sure how long they can survive with out eating so it may be finding some stubborn buggers.

Super frosty man! I bet those nugs won't lose as much weight as you think, they look nice and dense-my guess is 2 ounces my friend :)

They look mouthwatering .

Thanks Bignstrange they are pretty dense.:blushsmile:

Way to go Jim!...:high-five:...I weighed wet once, just to see...I don't recall exactly the drop in weight, but it was significant!...20 bucks a bean for regs is crazy!:jawdropper:...there's one place in town that sells some CK seeds same price as online(60/65 for five)...however I continue to shop online just because the variety is so vast...anyways...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Way to go Jim!...:high-five:...I weighed wet once, just to see...I don't recall exactly the drop in weight, but it was significant!...20 bucks a bean for regs is crazy!:jawdropper:...there's one place in town that sells some CK seeds same price as online(60/65 for five)...however I continue to shop online just because the variety is so vast...anyways...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Most of what i've read puts the loss between 75-80% and i figure there is quite a bit of stock on these so we'll see
Yeah we can get Crop King at a couple shops and one sells Old School Breeders Association seeds but we wanted to keep it by the book so looked into the offerings for "Licensed Producers" and she was already a customer of Canntrust so went with them. at the time we ordered they only had three strains not sure if they have added more but they are not advertising it very heavy so even at $20/ i don't think they see a big market for it.

Ok so 5 days hanging getting pretty crunchy on the outside, time to jar them up and see where we're at.

IMAG27452.jpg

have a humidifier in the closet running 30 mins on 1hr off kept the humidity between 55 and 66 the whole time.

IMAG2744.jpg

Trimmed off the stems at 49.8gr or 1.7oz i think we can live with that for this first round

IMAG27853.jpg

In the jars for a couple days RH holding steady at around 64%. The little hygrometer in the jar tested 6% high when put in with a Boveda 62. Starting to smell very nice when cracking them now:drool:

If you are interested the link to the perpetual journal is in my signature and will be posting an update when i'm done here.

IMAG28463.jpg

Just trying to stay out of Mrs SaskFarmers way as she up pots the clones to put into flower so thought i might as well post a quick smoke report and finish this journal up. I will start out by reaffirming that we are pretty happy overall with the purchase of the seeds albeit they were a little more $ then they are worth, this plant definitely lives up to the Sensi Star reputation. Very compact dense frosty buds, quick flowering and quite strong.
They have only been curing for 9 days but there is not much grassiness left to them, heavy pine and slight lemon/citrus taste and smell.
As far as the effect, (which lets face it is a very subjective thing) for her the "high" when smoked comes on fast and strong but is not long lasting. This initial effect is quite clear headed and calming no raciness which after about 45 mins gives way to heavy body stone even though it does affect coordination it doesn't make you want to give up and plant yourself on the couch so in that sense its a good recreational buzz. when she does decide to give in sleep comes quick and is long lasting. In short i think we got lucky and found her perfect medication on the first try.

Thanks for following along and for all the assistance we have received this is a great place to learn and help others we do appreciate it.

If you haven't already please check out our new perpetual journal the first pair of clones are doing very nicely and as stated Mrs. farmer is now just about done getting the second set ready to put into flower so i will be posting an update there shortly.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us. :goodjob:

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Good luck with the perpetual. :thumb:

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom