The SaskFarmers Perpetual: Sensi Star & More?

So its been a while how is everyone? We've been busy. Got a few updates...

First off the breeding program did not go as planned. The male did not do to well after the radical trim oh well live and learn.

We came into possession of a Ladyburn 1974 seed and grew that out....was not ready for the strech on that, wow almost doubled. Things were getting cramped so we got a second tent a Marshydro 3X3. I cant say I was real happy with the transaction but we came to an agreement. Again live and learn. Now i MIGHT have room to grow some veggies over the winter too:p. We have both tents conected to the same fan via filter box. Its running a little hot in the flower tent during lights on right now. But since we basically only have two months of summer here not worth upgrading the 200cfm fan till it dies.

Along about the time the ladyburn was ready to come down i saw dr hooks journal and got interested in "cobbing" did some research on it and decided to give it a shot. I just posted our results so far to Sue's cobbing thread this morning

I hope to post some pics of our new setup tomorrow.

Time to update you all on our grow room

Here is the new flowering tent.

Ladyburn 1974 in front just went in yesterday at 21" tall

Behind that is our bud factory the Sensi Star at 5 weeks 12/12 they don't stretch much in flower and we didn't have much room in the 27x27 tent so we have been keeping them pretty small. It will be nice to see what she can do with the extra room

on the right is our under performing Sensi Star pheno. It will be her last run:rip:

We have 6x50w lights available but as i said in my previous post she is running a little warm with the door close so i am only running 4 its still at 30 with the door closed but they don't seem to mind.

They are all in 5 gal totes set up in a "swick" system (lower tote half full of perlite) watering from the bottom up

Here are the IC led cobs we use. They run off 110v you can get 220 aswell. They are screwed to a CPU cooler. I recently picked up a couple of the full spectrum cobs and have one in the flower tent now as you can tell with the purple hue in there.

And now the veg tent

We have the Ladburn in front and the Sensi Star back right with the under performing one on the back left ( I just dont have the heart to kill her outright yet.)

Just running 3x13w a19 led bulbs with the dome cut off in plug-in sockets on a power bar in here.

The two tents are vented together through the filter box by a 4' fan and filter wasn't really happy with the filter. Only lasted one harvest and things were getting pretty stinky. I took it aparted and rebuilt it using aquarium charcoal and has lasted more than twice as long.

Oh yeah almost forgot our most recent addition. last week i was on the site for the first time in a while and was checking out @dr.h00k ,s journal an got interested in the fermented cob curing. Since we just took down the first harvest of the Ladyburn i thought id give it a try.

Started out with 2.2 oz
Here are the cob-less cobs after the 24 hr sweat and 5 days of fermentation

I've just checked back into the forums been away for a bit but am surprised by the number of new journals put up by fellow Canuks that think they are growing legally. Unfortunately to be legal in Canaukastan seeds must be purchased from licensed producers and they don't want you growing your own superior plants for pennies on the dollar of the cost of their schwag. So surprises! there are no seeds available to recreational users.

...Good to see Ya' back on the board Jim...I really don't see a concern on seed origin...staying within the 4 plant per household is the challenge...and...if I dropped to that...would probably be red flagged for my drop in power consumption...:rofl:...seriously tho', I don't think the resources are in place to identify and investigate where growers are buying their seed stock...cheerz...:thumb::high-five:...h00k..:rollit::passitleft:...

Well i guess if I'm here i should do some sort of update. Our Sensi Star is still the star of the show. Just put one in flower

on the Jan 4th. and took two clones same day.

Sensi star day 2 12/12
full

Sensi Star Clones day 2 from cut
full

As you may have noticed we are no longer using the perlite SIPs. The fungus gnats were getting a little out of hand. Now that the soil is covered with the lids....duuhhh why didn't i think of that sooner??:smokin:we may go back to that in the summer
when the plants will be drinking a little more.

The Ladyburn 1974 turned out nice although not Mrs SaskFarmers cup of tea she likes the heavy knockout effect of the Sensi Star. So i probably have a years supply for myself....yeah I'm a light weighto_O.I guess the cob turned out. It didn't mold and smells beautiful but I was a little underwhelmed. The Main benefit i see is how unbelievably smooth the smoke is.

We have a new addition to the line up, an Ace Bangi Haze currently almost 4 wks into flower. She seems to be budding up nicely.

Bangi Haze Day 27 12/12
full

Another new development is our soil refurbishment procedure. We had just been taking out the stem, top dressing with a little Gaia Green power bloom watering it in and covering it to cook for a few weeks. Now We are experimenting with a dusting of Bokashi and some organic meadow hay in addition to the Gaia Green. The Gaia green has alot of good stuff already and the fungi always took off when covered but i hope the Bokashi and hay will add some nutrients and keep the soil life happy. Im just not sure how long i will need to let this cook for. We have some SS clones that will need up potted soonish.

Soil refurbishment day 12

full

full

So that's where we're at. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods:peace:

Still grooving along. The Bangi buds are starting to fill in nicely

Bangi Haze day 32 12/12

full

The Sensi star is just starting to show sings of reacting to the change of lighting.

Sensi Star day 7 12/12

full

Not much change in the clones. We usually wait till the clones start showing a little hint of deterioration before we check for roots.

Sensi Star Clones day 7 from cut

full

Just a quick update not much to note other than the Bangi may have gotten some neem oil over-spray. Some pistils have started to brown which seems a little early to me but we have never grown this plant so not sure.

Bangi Haze Day 39 12/12

full

full

The Sensi Star is looking pretty dense but its taking its time flowering. We are back on full 18hr veg cycle. The Ladyburn didn't care for the gas lantern routine and started into full on flower on it. The Sensi Star works really well on GLR so I think we may be going back to it. We'll see how the next week goes.

Sensi Star day 14 12/12

full

full

No real change with the clones so I didn't bother with a picture. Our clone success rate is really very good like 90%+ but it is slower than it could be....I think I smell a DIY project in the future. But then again I do subscribe to the K.I.S.S. method of growing and it does not get much more simple than cut, dip, and stick 'em in some perlite.

Update time. The sensi star is starting to bud up nicely now

Snsi Star day 21 12/12

full

The Bangi seems to be doing pretty well

Bangi Haze day 46 12/12

full

The one issue now is the clones well one of the clones to be precise. I checked them both on Thursday last week one had a decent root system going the other just root buds. Said F it and put them both in soil. The rooted one is doing well but the other not so much. Should have known, I never have good luck rooting in soil. We'll give it another couple days hopefully she will bounce back but she is hurtin' bad

Sensi Star Clones day 3 in soil

full

Good news The hurtin clone looks like it will make it. We cut off the dead stuff and now is coming back green:)

Sensi Star clones day 9

full

full

The Bangi is getting a little top heavy:cool: gonna have to tie it up so probably last pic out of the tent till harvest

Bangi haze day 53 12/12

full

full

full

Old faithful Sensi Star is dong her thing, we decided not to defoliate in flower this time round. the buds are getting pretty dense now and i see she is working on shedding a few leaves on her own.

Sensi Star day 28 12/12

full

full

heya sask,, b.c. here.

cheers to ya and karma sent friend,,

cool to see an untopped plant,, a rarity for my eyes anyway,,

great job,, lookin good, indeed

Glad to see you here nivek. She looks beautiful doesn't she. we have been bucking some trends here this time round. first time growing the Bangi so we wanted to see how she looks as nature intended and we trained the Sensi Star but didn't defoliate in flower this time to see what happens too. There are actually several leaves she is starving out and will be getting pulled off in the next couple days.

cool you caught on to the cob trend. i have been involved right from the get go on here, with sweetsue et all,,

check this out,, if you like, or dare,, ha

you are right about the smoothness,, if that is the only benefit,, that is enuf, imo

try this tho,,

dry some out,, bone dry,, preferably aged to perfection,, 3 mths or so.

the cobbing seems to speed up decarboxilation,, spelling,, aargh. look it up if you dont know about decarb. necessary for consumption.

so,, sheesh,, try this,, grind up real fine,, bone dry. make a little pile and wet the end of your pointer fingy,, and dip it in and eat it. or just put it in your mouth,, get it all mushy,, and put it under your tongue for as long as you can.

and sit back and get ready to feel some sensations you might never have felt before. all good tho. go easy tho. two wet fingies max to start. should start to feel it in 15 mins or so,, very subtle,, and then stronger. all good tho

cheers

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom