Canadian Legal Grow - LP Genetics From Seed - Organic Soil - Sensi Star 2017

Good luck on those thrips Jim.

FWIW using Epsoms in coco in my first grow was problematic for me - I don't want to say it directly caused me problems, but I definitely saw less problems using chemical nutes (CalMag). I know soil is a different beast but just thought it might be worth mentioning.

Good luck on those thrips Jim.

FWIW using Epsoms in coco in my first grow was problematic for me - I don't want to say it directly caused me problems, but I definitely saw less problems using chemical nutes (CalMag). I know soil is a different beast but just thought it might be worth mentioning.

To tell the truth i wasn't really happy about adding it myself. I had hoped the Gaia green would be a complete one shot deal. Glacial rock dust was included on the ingredient list thought it might be sufficient, guess we need to pick up some dolomite.

Hey Jim,

Fellow Canadian here, I see all the actions already begun, but I'll help where I can.. eh

Hoping your pest/cal mag problems clear up quickly, otherwise looking real nice!

Hey there Bignstrange. Well the spray had better take care of the thrips cause it has kicked the shit out of the buds.

day before yesterday

IMAG25732.jpg

Today

IMAG26013.jpg

IMAG25973.jpg

Ouch!..not the end of the world tho'...your mixture might have been a bit too strong with the addition of the safers soap instead of regular dish soap...I think next spray would be 5 ml's neem an 2 or 3 ml's regular dish soap and not hotish water...having said that, it might be prudent to wait a few days to assess the pest problem...ideally, you don't want to add moisture to your flowers at this stage, so if you can... avoid it...chin up...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Hey h00k Thanks for the input. The water was Hotish for the mixing, she did wait for it to cool some before spraying. yeah i think we will just dilute what we have left with 500ml water that will give us the numbers you suggest. Its the start of the heating season around here so its been dry as a popcorn fart in the house. Actually have the humidifier going in the tent to try to get it up over 35%

Starting the heating season here too Jim...had to fire up a small ceramic heater in my grow shed a few days ago, as well as turn up the thermostat in the house...whatever you get...we get 2 or three days later usually, although the big lake they call Gitchigoomi can divert snow until she freezes over during the winter...I have quite a few friends in Sask. that I've met in Mexico over the past 17 years, mainly in the Kenosee/ Carlyle area...great folks!!...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Update Time

Wish i had better news but things are looking up.

As the pics from post #105 showed the neem/soap treatment did a number on the buds. She has since done a treatment of just the soap which does seem to be very effective on the prepupal and pupal stages of the thrips. After spraying the three or four i found were pretty mushy and very dead!! Unfortunately there were a couple eggs found as well so at least one more treatment will be necessary.

There are some new pistals on some of the buds but at this point with only a couple weeks to go and the trichomes starting to get cloudy we don't expect much. The good news is they are very frosty and a decent size so should help reduce what she is buying from Canntrust. The better news is the clones are doing well no sign of thrips and they tolerate the neem much better. She given them a drench and will give another at transplant. No pics of the clones this time.

#1 Day 70
Day 43 of 12/12

IMAG26401.jpg

IMAG26382.jpg

IMAG26335.jpg

IMAG26314.jpg

Aww wish things were going a bit better for ya Jim.

Looks like you should still get some good bud off those plants, I'm hoping the pests go away for you!

Lookin forward to seeing how the clones are going!

Clone update

Not much to report with 1.1 and 1.2 transplant went well no issues
Here are a couple pics of right before transplant. Then one of them in the tent

1.2 and 1.3 are now in their 4.5 gallon net pots and under 12/12 lighting

#1.1 day 1 12/12

IMAG26463.jpg

#1.2 Day 1 12/12

IMAG26471.jpg

IMAG26563.jpg

1.3 and 1.4 are still in the nursery pots but check out the trichs on the leaves WTF this bodes well i hope :thedoubletake:
I am thinking this may have something to do with the fact they were taken pretty late in flower and are on gas lantern routine???

IMAG26502.jpg

IMAG26492.jpg

I don't know that those are trichs,I would check for bugs if I were you, look underneath the leaves and stems.

I might suggest bringing that to the ask me forum cause I have never seen leaves do that!

Trust me with the thrips i've been dealing with i looked em over very well they are just slightly raised on the leaf surface but the ones on the edges are full on stalked trichomes my camera is shit so there is no way i'm gonna get a better pic but under magnification its clear they are trichs. Check out the larger version
IMAG26502.jpg

That's so cool . you have a little nuclear plant!

That's really strange, I'm just gunna sit here and hop3 someone whos seen this comes along, and that it just means your whole plant will turn into a giant trichrome

Lol they're begging for it XD maybe it's trying to be a white Christmas tree n it's just putting on powder leading up to December

My reveg clones have gotten funky leaves like that during the process. Those were taken around week 3 of flower. After they root they start spitting out all sorts of weird growth before eventually going back to proper veg.

Damn found a couple more adults, she thinks they are hiding in the buds when she sprays so the only thing getting killed is the buds. Good news is there are some amber so her plan is to take it down this weekend and spray the shit outta the clones while they are still vegging hopefully dealing with the thrips before they start flowering. Wont be a heavy harvest but not much point in continuing with this plant right now its just taking up space

Back
Top Bottom