Canadian Legal Grow - LP Genetics From Seed - Organic Soil - Sensi Star 2017

Jim, not sure what your airflow is like but maybe increasing it will help with the gnats? I get them in my house in the summer time occasionally around the sink but haven't had them at the plants yet. I'm convinced the good airflow of my tent is helping me keep the bugs at bay. I have been keeping the window in the next room open to bring in cooler night air and have found the occasional pest but almost always dead on the floor.

I pretty sure the air flow was/is good. It been pretty warm here so she has the exhaust fan cranked. I think it was the fact the soil was staying consistently moist in the "swick" setup coupled with the fact she is using the net pots which allowed full access to the soil for the little buggers.

I pretty sure the air flow was/is good. It been pretty warm here so she has the exhaust fan cranked. I think it was the fact the soil was staying consistently moist in the "swick" setup coupled with the fact she is using the net pots which allowed full access to the soil for the little buggers.

I kept my coco too moist and got a mild case of springtails. I found a live beetle in there last night too!

Are you using standalone fans in addition to your exhaust fan? I added a bunch of small circular fans to my setup to deal with heat and hopefully also keep bugs at bay. Gives me lots of movement below and above the canopy.

So got a few adult gnats on the sticky's. Haven't seen any flying around today so hopefully they have been dealt with. Watered again today with 1.5 Liters dunk treated water each plant.
Now that the "swick" setup is out of the tent RH plummeted to low 30's so put a cool mist humidifier in. It is keeping RH between 40 and 50 now.
Time for some pics. Although after looking at Urban Achievers Journal I'm almost embarrassed to post pics from my phone's camera. I even thought about braking out the old Mamiya but its enough of a pain in the butt getting pics uploaded as it is. That being said i have been trying out some of the manual settings on the phone and practices makes perfect right?

Pics taken yesterday

#1 day 33
Day 6 of 12/12

IMAG2263_2.jpg

IMAG2262_2.jpg

IMAG2264_2.jpg

#3 day 31
Day 6 of 12/12

IMAG2266_2.jpg

IMAG2270_2.jpg

So got a few adult gnats on the sticky's. Haven't seen any flying around today so hopefully they have been dealt with. Watered again today with 1.5 Liters dunk treated water each plant.
Now that the "swick" setup is out of the tent RH plummeted to low 30's so put a cool mist humidifier in. It is keeping RH between 40 and 50 now.
Time for some pics. Although after looking at Urban Achievers Journal I'm almost embarrassed to post pics from my phone's camera. I even thought about braking out the old Mamiya but its enough of a pain in the butt getting pics uploaded as it is. That being said i have been trying out some of the manual settings on the phone and practices makes perfect right?

Pics taken yesterday

#1 day 33
Day 6 of 12/12

IMAG2263_2.jpg

IMAG2262_2.jpg

IMAG2264_2.jpg

#3 day 31
Day 6 of 12/12

IMAG2266_2.jpg

IMAG2270_2.jpg

Nice work, I am extremely paranoid about pests and I dont want to lose my plants like my first attempt all those years ago, so I am always happy to see them get crushed.

You have some happy looking plants! Nice shiny leaves and they have some beautiful looking wide indica leaves going on. Your photos are good, I wouldnt sweat it, 99% of a journal or the photos are just for documentation. I sure as heck wont spend more than a few minutes taking update pics. Once in a while its fun to experiment. Its only fun if its fun. Otherwise its work and I dont work for free lol.

So i guess Mrs SaskFarmer did not sleep very well last night and was up at lights on to give #1 a bit of a trim. Took a few of the fan leaves off to give a little more light to the growth tips.

#1 Day 35
Day 8 of 12/12

IMAG2284.jpg

IMAG2286.jpg

IMAG2287.jpg

IMAG22881.jpg

Number three hasn't filled in as much so she left it for now

#3 Day 33
Day 8 of 12/12

IMAG22811.jpg

IMAG2279.jpg

IMAG22801.jpg

The lower growth continues to be a little goofy on #3. that first tip (facing forward) is kind of growing every which way.The next growth tip on the right in this picture seems to be mutated with weird internode spacing?

IMAG2282.jpg

They both have pre flowers now. #1 is female can see a little pistol trying to peak out. I'm pretty sure #3 is male there are two tear drop shaped "balls" together on the one side of the internode. Given the odd growth of #3 we'll give it another day to be sure.

Cloning day today

Took two cuttings from #1 and one from #3 (maybe get some seeds after the first harvest)

One cutting from #1 and the cutting from #3 went into perlite in a recycled nursery pot the other cutting from #1 went into a solo with distilled water.

#1 preflower (pistil kind of looks like Mrs Grundy's nose in this pic)

IMAG22931.jpg

The equipment

IMAG22961.jpg

Took the cuttings from #1 at the second node

IMAG22973.jpg

IMAG22982.jpg

Leaves were up over the top of the cup so trimmed them off so they would not touch the plastic wrap going over the cup

IMAG22992.jpg

IMAG23002.jpg

So we are thinking about switching the clones over to "gas lantern routine". From what i'm reading they will start to flower quicker once put under 12/12 lighting. I wonder if thats just because they are more mature? Any experience?

So we are thinking about switching the clones over to "gas lantern routine". From what i'm reading they will start to flower quicker once put under 12/12 lighting. I wonder if thats just because they are more mature? Any experience?

New one for me Jim, I'll have to do some reading on that. Always interested in new things .

Seems like it was a big thing in the late 2000's-2014 judging from the dates on the various forum posts and websites ive seen but not alot of current info/proponents that i can find, so i'm a little skeptical . The basic idea is you interrupt the 12 hr dark cycle for an hour in the middle which breaks down some of the flowering hormones but allows the plant to build up enough that when you do flip to 12/12 it sets flowers quicker. Seems like they are getting enough hormone that people report rapid grow which i would attribute to "the stretch". Because you only have lights on for 13hr its a power/money saver too. We are going to wait for the clones to root then try this.

So its been a week guess i should update. The one female plant is doing well, looking a little gangly but the side branches are keeping up pretty well so far and could develop into some decent colas.

Clones have all rooted. I will do and update on them another time

#1 Day 48
day 21 of 12/12

IMAG2436.jpg

IMAG24371.jpg

IMAG24332.jpg

IMAG24283.jpg

Clone update.

So if you remember Mrs SaskFarmer cut three clones, two she put in perlite one in distilled only water both were dusted with Stim-Root cloning powder. After two days the the two in perlite were looking rough the other looked like she had just cut it. After 8 days the water only one still looked like the day she cut it with no sign of roots at all, no small nodes no bulging at the base of the cut nothing. The other two looked close to Death. She was a little discouraged, until she was topping up the water for the perlite clones and noticed roots coming out of the bottom of the cup. It seems the perlite ones were looking rough because they had to actually work for their moisture ie put out some roots. The perlite clones went into some soil and water only was placed into perlite. As of now all three are in soil and getting on with their life. #3.1 (Male) was left in a solo with soil #1.1 and #1.2 are in small square pots.

Two more cuttings were taken from the lowest node on the flowering mother. They were obviously not going to amount to much anyhow.
Clones as of today

IMAG24462.jpg

IMAG24442.jpg

Back
Top Bottom