Derek910 Fat Purple X2 Organic Soil Grow 2019

I’m sorry, I don’t fully understand your question..

the plant is being grown in a super soil of some sort? Is that what your meaning by organic plant?

no matter what substrate your in, a person could veg for as long as they want. May have to add extra this or that after an x amount of days... but aim for the 60 day mark, if your so inclined? :thumb: :popcorn:

ultimately it’s up to you. With what ever situations your put up against:ganjamon:

Basically I’m asking if it’s normal to Veg a plant for 8 weeks in organic soil. When I was growing with synthetic nutes the plants would be twice as big in about half the time and then I would flip to flower. The plants are healthy, I’m just asking if it’s normal for it to be this much slower with organic nutes

Ahhh, I’m following you now. I’ve never grown in anything organic, so my organic knowledge isn’t up to par. @Alafornia do you have anything to say about that? :popcorn:

I vegged right at 8 weeks in my super soil. I looked up fat purple and it is 8-10 weeks flower time, which is really long for an indica. Everything I read on the strain said you have to be patient and they require extra attention - whatever that means.

A few questions I have:

1. How far away is your LED light?

2. Are you supplementing nutrients?

3. I have questions about watering. You say you are letting them dry, but what does that mean? Some use the knuckle method. I let the plants tell me when they need water:

Once they hit flower you stop abusing them and give them all the water they can take.

I'm still new at this but I do believe soil takes a little longer.

Basically I’m asking if it’s normal to Veg a plant for 8 weeks in organic soil. When I was growing with synthetic nutes the plants would be twice as big in about half the time and then I would flip to flower. The plants are healthy, I’m just asking if it’s normal for it to be this much slower with organic nutes
I grow in water only soil with an occasional compost tea. Its a bit slower growth than what you see from people with bottled nutes (at least from pics I see of other growers). I generally veg from between 60 and 100 days in general and there can be a huge difference in size of plants at the same day mark. I have a Purple Orange CBD strain from Dinafem that is enormous...at least twice the size of a few other strains that are older. So the overall answer is that it just depends on the plant/strain.

They are very healthy looking plants. You can't touch the quality of good organic grown buds. I have had some stuff that was supposed to "fire" from bottled nutes.....it wasn't. It may be a little slower growing but you can make up for it by planning for a little slower growth. I still grow monsters.....it just takes a little bit more time.

I grow in water only soil with an occasional compost tea. Its a bit slower growth than what you see from people with bottled nutes (at least from pics I see of other growers). I generally veg from between 60 and 100 days in general and there can be a huge difference in size of plants at the same day mark. I have a Purple Orange CBD strain from Dinafem that is enormous...at least twice the size of a few other strains that are older. So the overall answer is that it just depends on the plant/strain.

They are very healthy looking plants. You can't touch the quality of good organic grown buds. I have had some stuff that was supposed to "fire" from bottled nutes.....it wasn't. It may be a little slower growing but you can make up for it by planning for a little slower growth. I still grow monsters.....it just takes a little bit more time.

Good points. I just finished my first full grow and the yields have been very good (although I'm new so WTH do I know? :D ). The quality has been very good.

I just started a Dinafem PO CBD myself. It's a week behind the others as the first seed didn't emerge so I planted a second. It seems to be catching up.

I vegged right at 8 weeks in my super soil. I looked up fat purple and it is 8-10 weeks flower time, which is really long for an indica. Everything I read on the strain said you have to be patient and they require extra attention - whatever that means.

A few questions I have:

1. How far away is your LED light?

2. Are you supplementing nutrients?

3. I have questions about watering. You say you are letting them dry, but what does that mean? Some use the knuckle method. I let the plants tell me when they need water:

Once they hit flower you stop abusing them and give them all the water they can take.

I'm still new at this but I do believe soil takes a little longer.

The LED is 20” from the top of the plants. I top dressed with some dry organic nutes about 2 weeks ago. I do the knuckle method and I had been letting them dry out to the point of how light the pots are. These are 1 gallon pots so they are feather light when they’re dry. 2 waterings ago I waited until the leaves started to droop which took about 24 more hours and then I’ve watered. Since I’ve been doing that they seem to be taking off. Thanks for the input. It would have been nice to get a better explanation of “needs special attention” for sure. I remember reading that too when I was trying to find info on the strain

The LED is 20” from the top of the plants. I top dressed with some dry organic nutes about 2 weeks ago. I do the knuckle method and I had been letting them dry out to the point of how light the pots are. These are 1 gallon pots so they are feather light when they’re dry. 2 waterings ago I waited until the leaves started to droop which took about 24 more hours and then I’ve watered. Since I’ve been doing that they seem to be taking off. Thanks for the input. It would have been nice to get a better explanation of “needs special attention” for sure. I remember reading that too when I was trying to find info on the strain

Light's good. Top dressings are good. Drooping before watering is good to get those roots rooting for more water. Once you get them in flower you switch to giving them as much as they'll take and can use the knuckle method then. You're doing a great job in there.

Thanks I appreciate it. I got a pretty big yield off my last harvest before the harvest I just did on Monday. It is organic but I didn’t Veg it as long because I was going to flower them in a smaller tent. I’m going to sample that in about a week but I have plenty of bud which means plenty of time to let these things go as long as it takes. I’m going to SCROG them and eat plant will have about 30”x30” of net each.

Up potted to 5 gallon pots and watered them in. The roots weren’t all the way to the edges of the soil like I would have liked but everything held together when I transplanted. Now I know to wait longer on the next one. Tied the branches down to the wider pots with plastic clips and soft coated wire. Trimmed off some leaves that were in the way and the bottom side of the branches. Both plants have female pre-flowers so that is great news! Once they get to about 8” above the top of the pot I’m going to put the SCROG net over them and fill the net in.

Veg Week 9 Day 63

C3F23085-66E6-47C3-8A88-5518EDE0D4F5.jpeg

They’ve grown up a little bit. Went ahead and put the net over them. Going to let them fill the net up the best I can. Then flip them to flower. Plant on the right looks nice and full. The left plant still looks weird but I’m gonna ride it out.

Veg Week 10 Day 74

3CAD7759-0873-4686-99F3-4C8484C6E3FD.jpeg

Right
D94AA952-66FB-40D8-87A9-C73586F01E7D.jpeg

Left
95576BDE-7EB1-4BFC-A24A-5C40CA75CF36.jpeg

Flipped them to flower a week ago. They are stretching nicely and I am tucking them as they need it. I'm going to give them another week and then I will lollipop them.

Transition Week 1 Day 7, Grow Day 90

IMG_1165.jpg

Right Plant
IMG_1161.jpg

This one grows slower, but it's a lot bushier and the node spacing is about an inch apart

IMG_1162.jpg

Left Plant

IMG_1163.jpg

This one is growing faster, but it's not as bushy and the node spacing is about 3 inches apart. I'm curious to see how this one turns out with the weird leaves and all.

IMG_1164.jpg

Where are you located? If you don’t mind me asking. Are you in the states? If so, I’m sure I could find someone in your area who is able or willing to do an off site trade. :thumb:

I’m good on that. Thanks though.

Back
Top Bottom