Derek910 2020 Strawberry Lemonade, Gorilla Zkittlez, Blue Dream Organic Soil With Vulx Grow

Its a great way to save genetics where a clone dies on you. I have done it a couple times and had great luck with it. I can give you a couple hints doing a reveg.

1st, understand that flowering plants and vegging plants have different types of roots. Most strains will stop producing new roots a bit after the stretch is over. The plant is dedicating its energy into the flowers like we want it to do. But when you are going to reveg, you have to get the plant to start producing roots again.

How does one do that? Easy peasy. Switch your plant back to an 18-6 light schedule for its last 10-14 days of flower. This will not effect your meds at all unless you have a very fast revegging plant. If by chance, you see any new growth start to shoot out of your buds, its time to chop. Otherwise just harvest at normal time and leave 5 or 6 lower nugs with as many leaves on them as possible to finish your reveg.

Keep it at 18-6 as it continues to go through its transition into growing vegging roots again. Pretty soon it will start throwing out a bunch of funky new growth. Most of it will likely have 1 or 3 finger fan leaves for a couple weeks.....but when she explodes with new growth it will be crazy vigorous......called a Monster Crop.

Usually when I see the new growth I will attempt to up pot to a bigger pot. Reveg's don't require nearly the veg time to produce a bumper crop that growing from clone or seed require. I pulled 10 ounces of a Hawaiian in an 8 gallon pot, did the reveg in the same pot and didn't up pot at all (just top dressed twice and did a couple ACTs) and I yielded another 8 ounces from the same plant. I could have easily pulled more if I would have up potted to a bigger pot with fresh soil. I know of people that have revegged the same "frame" of a plant 3-4 times and the yields have gone up each time.

Play around with the process...you never know when you will need it. I'm gonna do it again in about another week with a Gorilla Glue #4 plant. The clone I took didn't make it and I didn't feel like doing a clone that needed to reveg......so I'll throw her back under 18/6 on the 1st of the month (Day 44 of flower) and then harvest her about day 55-58. Its in a 5 gallon pot right now....I figure after she successfully reveg's I will up pot to a 10 gallon pot, give her about 4-6 weeks to fill out the frame and then take clones and flip her again.

One warning again, watch for new growth when you begin the reveg process. I have seen new growth happen in less than 10 days on quick strains. As soon as you see any leaves starting to come out of any of the bud sites, that is your queue to harvest any buds you intend on taking....otherwise the reveg will ruin the buds you intend to harvest if you don't chop quickly.

SO why not just run it at 12-12 til harvest? Well you can, and I have.....and it can work, but its not nearly as effective or guaranteed as if you do what I described above. The reason be is if you wait until the plant has put all its energy into the buds and they are nice and ripe......it quite possibly won't have the steam to do the root reveg. I have seen plants just putter out and die during the reveg process cause they weren't put back under 18-6 or 20-4 or even 24-0 in time to signal the roots to start growing again.

From personal experience, the reveg works much better with a much higher success rate if you switch lighting 10-14 days out from the intended harvest time. Take the info for what its worth. If you have any other questions about the process, let me know.

There is a decent book out there about revegging.....I believe the Author is JB Haze. Its worth checking out if you want to learn more about the process.

In regards to fungus gnats. Their damage can look a lot like deficiencies. Some of those leaves look like they could have been from the stress of the fungus gnats. They start chowing on the roots and the plant will show signs with yellowing and brown spots. Don't always assume its a nutrient deficiency if you are showing pests. Pests damage will be displayed on leaves for you to see.

Thanks for the advice. I still have about 4 weeks on these so we'll see what I decide to do in the next couple weeks. I have the mother in another tent and she is about 2 1/2 weeks ahead. I wanted to test that one before I wasted my time and space on a reveg project. I will look into the book though thanks.

These plants all take about 3 days to dry out and they are all due for a top dressing on the next feeding which will be tomorrow some time so hopefully that will fix the problem. There aren't anymore gnats in the traps after 2 days so hopefully they are all gone. I definitely don't want to freak out and do too much at once. So we'll see how the plants react to the next feeding and go from there.

The deficiencies did not improve from a normal feeding they actually have gotten worse. I did make some adjustments for each of the two plants showing deficiencies. The Blue Dream is still looking good with the nutes from the schedule. No more signs of fungus gnats

Flower Week 6 Day 37, Grow Day 94

IMG-1895.jpg

Strawberry Lemonade

She is still showing signs of nitrogen deficiency, but about half the plant has greened back up. I fed them this morning with what was on the schedule, but I added FoxFarm's Wholly Mackerel which is a 3-0-1. I gave her 2 tsp of this to see if the added nitrogen would help. We'll see over time.

IMG-1892.jpg
IMG-1906.jpg

Blue Dream
IMG-1898.jpg

Gorilla Zkittlez

She is still showing signs of potassium deficiency. I don't have anything with just K in it so I gave her 1 Tbsp of the All Purpose dry nutes and I gave her 4 Tbsp of Big Bloom to get some more K in the soil. The parts of the leaves that aren't completely damaged seem to be getting some green back.

IMG-1901.jpg
IMG-1902.jpg
IMG-1907.jpg
IMG-1908.jpg

I didn't want to do too much at once so I will see how the plants react to these changes and go from there.

The deficiencies did not improve from a normal feeding they actually have gotten worse. I did make some adjustments for each of the two plants showing deficiencies. The Blue Dream is still looking good with the nutes from the schedule. No more signs of fungus gnats

Flower Week 6 Day 37, Grow Day 94

IMG-1895.jpg

Strawberry Lemonade

She is still showing signs of nitrogen deficiency, but about half the plant has greened back up. I fed them this morning with what was on the schedule, but I added FoxFarm's Wholly Mackerel which is a 3-0-1. I gave her 2 tsp of this to see if the added nitrogen would help. We'll see over time.

IMG-1892.jpg
IMG-1906.jpg

Blue Dream
IMG-1898.jpg

Gorilla Zkittlez

She is still showing signs of potassium deficiency. I don't have anything with just K in it so I gave her 1 Tbsp of the All Purpose dry nutes and I gave her 4 Tbsp of Big Bloom to get some more K in the soil. The parts of the leaves that aren't completely damaged seem to be getting some green back.

IMG-1901.jpg
IMG-1902.jpg
IMG-1907.jpg
IMG-1908.jpg

I didn't want to do too much at once so I will see how the plants react to these changes and go from there.
Wise moves mate. Looking good though and with so little.time left it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Some nice strains going down too.

Wise moves mate. Looking good though and with so little.time left it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Some nice strains going down too.
Thanks. This is my first time growing these strains and I'll definitely do better next time I run these. I got some seeds early on in flower on the SL, and it seemed like the buds were riddled with them. Looking at them now it isn't as bad as I originally thought. Probably lost some weight because of it, but I think I'll end up with a decent yield either way. I doubt I'll ever grow the seeds because I'm not sure how they got fertilized. I'll have some picking to do when I trim these to get all the snap, crackle, pop out of there. Enjoy the grow and let me know any input/advice you have. :lot-o-toke:

On a side note I noticed over the past couple of days that the Blue Dream mother is showing some yellowing on her lower fan leaves. Is this a K deficiency? Want to make sure I’m reading this correctly. Yellowing from the leaf edges and inward on the lower leaves first is a K deficiency correct? She’s been in bloom for 56 days out of supposedly 67(per leafly) Is this normal fade or a deficiency?

5C0EFA97-7DCE-4211-80A2-2DFB672E336B.jpeg
2E429487-A8C2-4681-9722-AE169453D3D4.jpeg
99E841DA-F038-4F4C-9297-C23EF2313DC7.jpeg

BCD7C194-6591-4988-B1B7-E35C9D00D4B8.jpeg

On a side note I noticed over the past couple of days that the Blue Dream mother is showing some yellowing on her lower fan leaves. Is this a K deficiency? Want to make sure I’m reading this correctly. Yellowing from the leaf edges and inward on the lower leaves first is a K deficiency correct? She’s been in bloom for 56 days out of supposedly 67(per leafly) Is this normal fade or a deficiency?

5C0EFA97-7DCE-4211-80A2-2DFB672E336B.jpeg
2E429487-A8C2-4681-9722-AE169453D3D4.jpeg
99E841DA-F038-4F4C-9297-C23EF2313DC7.jpeg

BCD7C194-6591-4988-B1B7-E35C9D00D4B8.jpeg
Dayum these look so nice.

The buds are starting to do their final swell. The calyxes are swelling and starting to push out white hairs. Trichome production has picked up too. Should be about 2 weeks or so left. Good news is there aren't any signs of aphids or fungus gnats, but today when I was watering the plants I saw something fly in. I believe it might have been a stink bug, but I didn't get a good luck at it and of course I couldn't find the little fucker. I'll keep looking for it and hopefully it gets caught on one of the sticky traps before it lays any eggs or does any damage.

Flower Week 7 Day 46, Grow Day 103

IMG-1943.jpg

Strawberry Lemonade
I gave her the normal dry and liquid nutes per the schedule plus 2 tsp of the 3-0-1 liquid nute for the added nitrogen.
IMG-1944.jpg

Blue Dream
She is still happy and healthy with just the nutes from the schedule although her lower fan leaves are yellowing and dying off. I'm not going to worry about it because she's coming to the end and all of the other leaves still look healthy.
IMG-1945.jpg

Gorilla Zkittlez
Gave her the regular scheduled nutes also plus a Tbsp of 6-4-5 all purpose and 3 Tbsp of Big Bloom for the extra potassium. All is good except from the parts of the leaves that were already too damaged.
IMG-1946.jpg

Buds are pushing out white hairs and swelling. Shouldn't be much longer now

Flower Week 8 Day 51, Grow Day 108

Strawberry Lemonade

Buds aren't as fat as some of the other ones I've grown, but the the branches are pretty long and the buds are stacked pretty well. Should make for a nice yield.
IMG-1961.jpg
IMG-1962.jpg
IMG-1963.jpg

Blue Dream
The Blue Dream mother buds are pretty airy and this one seems to be doing the same thing. I'm wondering if it's because the seeds are over 3 years old.
IMG-1959.jpg

Gorilla Zkittlez
The buds are getting fatter every day. The hairs should start turning more and more each day. I'm going to start checking the trichomes with my USB scope on Tuesday. I still see clear looking through a loupe so I'll wait a little longer to start looking with the scope.
IMG-1960.jpg
IMG-1958.jpg

I think they are done pushing out new hairs and swelling. Now I am just waiting on those hairs to start turning. Looking through my 45x loupe the trichomes look clear and milky. I don't see any amber with the loupe. I am going to check the trichomes tonight when the lights go off with my WiFi scope. So we'll see where they are then with better magnification.

Flower Week 9 Day 58, Grow Day 115

IMG-1993.jpg

Strawberry Lemonade
IMG-1990.jpg
IMG-1991.jpg

Blue Dream
IMG-1995.jpg

Gorilla Zkittlez
IMG-1992.jpg
IMG-1994.jpg

Everything has been trimmed and put into jars as of today. Humidity is at 67-68% between all five 1 gallon jars. I will burp the jars twice a day for the first 2 weeks. Once each jar stabilizes at 62% I will put a Boveda 62 in there. Also once the jars stabilize at 62% I will weigh everything and report back.

I had a lot of issues during this grow nutrient issues, a couple different pests attacks, and seeds. The Blue Dream is very larfy/airy which I believe is because of the age of the seeds. They are over 3 years old. So I doubt I'll be growing seeds that old again. Despite all of the issues I learned a lot so I am pleased. Even though the buds have seeds in them they are nice and dense on the the Strawberry Lemonade and the Gorilla Zkittlez. I'm guessing they'd have been bigger had they not gotten fertilized. I'm going to sterilize the shit out of the tent before I start another run.

Alright, the jars have stabilized at 62% so I weighed everything out and I am pleased with the results considering all of the issues I had. Even with seeded buds they turned out a pretty good yield. I plan to do an all Sativa run after my current 5 strain grow, but I will grow these again after that to see the differences without issues or seeds. Thank you everyone for your support and please check out my new current grow in my signature.

Strawberry Lemonade - 147.18 grams = 5.192 ounces
Blue Dream - 59.15 grams = 2.086 ounces (Buds were very larfy/airy)
Gorilla Zkittlez - 122.45 grams = 4.319 ounces
Total Yield - 328.78 grams = 11.597 ounces

Back
Top Bottom