Derek910 Fat Purple X2 Organic Soil Grow 2019

derek910

Strain: Fat Purple
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? Days
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? FoxFarm Ocean Forrest/Happy Frog soil with added perlite
If soil... What size pot? Solo Cup > 1 gallon fabric pot > 5 gallon fabric pot
Size of light? 2 425W Timber Grow Light LEDs
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab? 77F
RH of Room/cab? 60%
PH of media or res? 6.5
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? About every 3 days
Type and strength of ferts used? FoxFarm 6-4-5 Organic dry, 4-9-3 Fruit and Flower Organic dry, 1-12-0 Caven Culture Organic dry, and URB

These have been above soil for 4 days. They are both regular seeds so I hope they are both female. I intend to cut 2 clones from each when they are old enough and then flip these to flower. If either one of them is male I will move it to it’s own tent to collect the pollen. Fingers crossed it doesn’t come to that. Only time will tell

Veg Week 1 Day 4

I will keep them in the cups until the roots fill it up and then up pot to a 1 gallon fabric pot

72498BAC-41A6-4797-A7FE-E6C2D34BE866.jpeg

Transplanted them into 1 gallon pots and watered them in. Leaves drooped a little bit at first but them seem happy after about an hour and a half. Mixed in 50/50 Happy Frog/Ocean Forest with some perlite. Just going to give them plain water with URB once a week until they fill these pots up and then they’ll go in there final 5 gallon fabric pot

Veg Week 3 Day 15

2237C069-FAEC-4371-9BD4-40007BC47296.jpeg
3273E59B-7CBF-4282-9030-B932ADEB8F2C.jpeg

They’ve grown a good bit since my last update. The one on the left is looking wrinkly and not as full as the right one. Does anyone have any idea what’s wrong? I let the pots completely dry out before I add water. Water ph on last watering was 6.49. It’s looked like that from the start. Is there anything I can do or is it just a bad seed? I have Cannazym which someone recommended I use with Roots Excelurator Gold one time before when it appeared I had root problems. I don’t know if this stuff is bad for the microbes in organic soil? Should I add URB on the next watering to see if that will help?

Veg Week 3 Day 21

7A6C6EC8-2F03-4424-A51F-48594C7B23CE.jpeg

Unless you have a lot of a plant left over after topping.. 2-3 internodes should be left in tact for cloning. Other wise the tops aren’t really much worth trying to clone.

They are in 1 gallon pots right now. I plan to up pot them into 5 gallon when they’re ready. I just don’t know what the signs are when they need to be up potted. I’m only trying to clone the tops I cut off to determine the sex if I can get them to root. These are regular seeds so if they root I was going to flip them just to see the sex so I know what I have before I do up pot them

If the plants are showing any distress what so ever (with roots not being happy) then transplant.

if you are using plastic pots with holes on the bottom, if you see roots coming from the bottom holes the transplant.

How tall are the tops? If the tops are only one internode, it’s not worth it because chances are they won’t take.

If the plants are showing any distress what so ever (with roots not being happy) then transplant.

if you are using plastic pots with holes on the bottom, if you see roots coming from the bottom holes the transplant.

How tall are the tops? If the tops are only one internode, it’s not worth it because chances are they won’t take.
They had 2 inter nodes. I figure it’s worth a shot since it’s only going to cost me a cup full of dirt and a little bit of Clonex. They’re in fabric pots. Won’t they drink up the pot in a day if they’re ready to be transplanted?

Yeah man worth a shot!

and, yes and no... if you have warm conditions, it’s going to evaporate/drank up. If your under watering is also a factor, but generally yes it can be a factor.

Ill say, sure bro, they looked like 5G bags my apologies. You can most definitely transplant into 5 when you are good and ready. Just trying to avoid a possible disaster of a mess, if the roots haven’t fully grabbed the soil yet.

find a bucket around the same size in diameter of the pot, and roll the bags down for an easier time removing the root ball from the pot.

I don’t plan to transplant them for a week at least I’m just curious what to look for so I do it at the right time. I definitely don’t want to pull them out of the pots if they don’t have a developed root ball. The environment is 77F 45% RH. I water slowly based off of @Emilya watering guide until I get a little runoff. It’s taking 3 days to dry them out right now.

Went ahead and tied the longer branches down to allow more light into the center. The left plant still looks weird, but I’m going to let it go and see how it turns out. Also the tops I cut off have rooted and are growing as well. These do veg much slower than synthetic nutes so I’m going to keep the clones and up pot them once they fill the cups up. Once the mothers are large enough to flip I will make the determination which plants to keep once I know the sex. The clone in the pic is from the right plant and the other one is still in the propagator

Veg Week 6 Day 38

99676DAF-BB02-472F-9AD8-E8B655E221A9.jpeg

They’ve been topped and LST’d to spread them out as they grow. I’ve went ahead and up pottted one of the clones into a 1 gallon fabric pot and have topped that one as well. The other clone is still in a solo cup. I’ll up pot that one into a 1 gallon once the cup dries out. All of them got watered today. I’m going to move the mothers into the flowering tent once my last harvest finishes drying. Once they grow out some more I will put them under a SCROG net and flip them to flower. Fingers crossed they’re both females. How long do y’all typically Veg an organic plant before you flip to flower. Not sure if it’s the strain or the organic but this is taking way longer than synthetic nutes did.

Veg Week 8 Day 52

3C1F1512-52BD-4454-992E-BC4CD6A837AE.jpeg

How long do y’all typically Veg an organic plant before you flip to flower.
I’m sorry, I don’t fully understand your question..

the plant is being grown in a super soil of some sort? Is that what your meaning by organic plant?

no matter what substrate your in, a person could veg for as long as they want. May have to add extra this or that after an x amount of days... but aim for the 60 day mark, if your so inclined? :thumb: :popcorn:

ultimately it’s up to you. With what ever situations your put up against:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom