Derek910 2020 Strawberry Lemonade, Gorilla Zkittlez, Blue Dream Organic Soil With Vulx Grow

Yes sir they hermied on you. They will stay hollow and empty though unless there was pollen floating around... which chances are there wasn’t, so they should all be empty :thumb:
Will that hurt the potency?

Don’t let it bogg you down! All a person can do is try figure out the cause... maybe it’s genetics who knows! If it happens again then a major clean up/over haul on everything may be in order. Don’t let it get you down though. Just take it as it comes :thumb:

Don’t let it bogg you down! All a person can do is try figure out the cause... maybe it’s genetics who knows! If it happens again then a major clean up/over haul on everything may be in order. Don’t let it get you down though. Just take it as it comes :thumb:
I think it may be nutrients. I never had banana or seed problems until I switched to organic nutrients. I was just kind of guessing with the nutrients and I think the plants were getting too much nitrogen in flower. I found a schedule and have been going by that, but it may have been too late on this run. I'm definitely going to clean the shit out of the tent after this run. I always clean it but I'm going to make sure I get every nook and cranny this time and also all of the fans. Looks like the Blue Dream is ok for now. Hopefully it stays that way.

I swear every time when I go in the tent all of the little seeds are singing to me like this! Makes me want to cut these and start over, but I’m going to ride it out. Still aggravating as hell though.
E6665891-D90D-4231-987D-3368948A5BBA.png

Turns out I have fungus gnats. As I was watering them I saw the little fuckers scatter all over the top of the soil. I put sticky traps just above the stalks but they don’t seem to be getting to them. I ordered some that stick in the soil and I hit the top couple inches of the soil with peroxide/water mixture. I have neem oil and I periodically spray the top of the soil and the lower branches but that doesn’t seem to effect the gnats. Should I do a watering with the neem oil mixture? Also read that cinnamon kills the fungus that the gnats are attracted to/feeding on. Does anyone know if that will work?

Turns out I have fungus gnats. As I was watering them I saw the little fuckers scatter all over the top of the soil. I put sticky traps just above the stalks but they don’t seem to be getting to them. I ordered some that stick in the soil and I hit the top couple inches of the soil with peroxide/water mixture. I have neem oil and I periodically spray the top of the soil and the lower branches but that doesn’t seem to effect the gnats. Should I do a watering with the neem oil mixture? Also read that cinnamon kills the fungus that the gnats are attracted to/feeding on. Does anyone know if that will work?
pine bark mulch, 1" layer. Cheap, easy and very effective. It breaks the life cycle when the flyer's brains can't figure out how to get past the mulch so as to lay their eggs in the soil. Also, the mulch layer allows the soil's surface to host some very helpful bacteria that will further act as a shield against pests.

Gnats thrive in wet conditions, and can not live in dry conditions. You can help this by going longer in between feedings. Drying out the medium really really well in between feedings. They also can’t fly in windy conditions. If you have a fan blowing on the lower parts of the plants will help as well.

put a couple sticky traps in the soil, and hang on above the plant.

If you can get some mosquito dunks, they will kill off the larva in the soil and you can also foliar spray the plants with it...could take a few applications but it will kill them off.
Thanks. I just ordered some. Will give it a shot.

pine bark mulch, 1" layer. Cheap, easy and very effective. It breaks the life cycle when the flyer's brains can't figure out how to get past the mulch so as to lay their eggs in the soil. Also, the mulch layer allows the soil's surface to host some very helpful bacteria that will further act as a shield against pests.
I actually just had all my pine trees cut down and I have raked up the mulch into trash cans. Should I clean it some how to prevent bringing other pests in. It’s sort of mixed with outside soil, pine straw, etc. or should I buy the mulch from a garden shop?

I put some sticky traps in all the pots and let the pots dry out to the point the lower leaves were starting to droop. I also put some apple cider vinegar in a bowl as another way to trap them. When I went into the tent yesterday morning all of the traps had a few and the bowl had a few in it as well. I hit the top layer of soil with hydrogen peroxide to kill any eggs/larvae hopefully. I didn't see any gnats moving when I poured it in like I did last time. I should receive the pine bark mulch today to put on the top 1". I have a couple deficiencies going on. I'll put some pictures below

Flower Week 5 Day 30, Grow Day 87

The smell is getting stronger each day it seems. Kind of blended with the apple cider vinegar right now, but still smelling nice.
IMG-1854.jpg

The Strawberry Lemonade looks to me like it's showing a N deficiency. The whole lower leaves are turning yellow. The Kelp Me Kelp You and Cal/Mag both have a little bit of N in them. Is this being caused by the fungus gnats? Or should I add more N? The dry nutes I top dress have N in it but it's insoluble.

IMG-1856.jpg

The Gorilla Zkittlez looks to me to be is a Calcium and Magnesium. The upper leaves are starting to show rust spots and the lower leaves are yellowing from the tips back. I was thinking about doubling the Cal/Mag on the next feeding to see that stops it. It also looks like it could be P or K deficient. So I need some help on this one.

IMG-1855.jpg

Let me know what ya'll think and if I'm reading the plants correctly?

I don't know if the plant comes back stronger because I've never done it. The benefit that I know of is it's a way to back up genetics that you like.

Its a great way to save genetics where a clone dies on you. I have done it a couple times and had great luck with it. I can give you a couple hints doing a reveg.

1st, understand that flowering plants and vegging plants have different types of roots. Most strains will stop producing new roots a bit after the stretch is over. The plant is dedicating its energy into the flowers like we want it to do. But when you are going to reveg, you have to get the plant to start producing roots again.

How does one do that? Easy peasy. Switch your plant back to an 18-6 light schedule for its last 10-14 days of flower. This will not effect your meds at all unless you have a very fast revegging plant. If by chance, you see any new growth start to shoot out of your buds, its time to chop. Otherwise just harvest at normal time and leave 5 or 6 lower nugs with as many leaves on them as possible to finish your reveg.

Keep it at 18-6 as it continues to go through its transition into growing vegging roots again. Pretty soon it will start throwing out a bunch of funky new growth. Most of it will likely have 1 or 3 finger fan leaves for a couple weeks.....but when she explodes with new growth it will be crazy vigorous......called a Monster Crop.

Usually when I see the new growth I will attempt to up pot to a bigger pot. Reveg's don't require nearly the veg time to produce a bumper crop that growing from clone or seed require. I pulled 10 ounces of a Hawaiian in an 8 gallon pot, did the reveg in the same pot and didn't up pot at all (just top dressed twice and did a couple ACTs) and I yielded another 8 ounces from the same plant. I could have easily pulled more if I would have up potted to a bigger pot with fresh soil. I know of people that have revegged the same "frame" of a plant 3-4 times and the yields have gone up each time.

Play around with the process...you never know when you will need it. I'm gonna do it again in about another week with a Gorilla Glue #4 plant. The clone I took didn't make it and I didn't feel like doing a clone that needed to reveg......so I'll throw her back under 18/6 on the 1st of the month (Day 44 of flower) and then harvest her about day 55-58. Its in a 5 gallon pot right now....I figure after she successfully reveg's I will up pot to a 10 gallon pot, give her about 4-6 weeks to fill out the frame and then take clones and flip her again.

One warning again, watch for new growth when you begin the reveg process. I have seen new growth happen in less than 10 days on quick strains. As soon as you see any leaves starting to come out of any of the bud sites, that is your queue to harvest any buds you intend on taking....otherwise the reveg will ruin the buds you intend to harvest if you don't chop quickly.

SO why not just run it at 12-12 til harvest? Well you can, and I have.....and it can work, but its not nearly as effective or guaranteed as if you do what I described above. The reason be is if you wait until the plant has put all its energy into the buds and they are nice and ripe......it quite possibly won't have the steam to do the root reveg. I have seen plants just putter out and die during the reveg process cause they weren't put back under 18-6 or 20-4 or even 24-0 in time to signal the roots to start growing again.

From personal experience, the reveg works much better with a much higher success rate if you switch lighting 10-14 days out from the intended harvest time. Take the info for what its worth. If you have any other questions about the process, let me know.

There is a decent book out there about revegging.....I believe the Author is JB Haze. Its worth checking out if you want to learn more about the process.

That's actually exactly why I asked lol wasn't sure if my clone was going to survive since it was my first time cloning so I was gonna give reveging a try but she's actually doing really good so I don't NEED 2 but I'm gonna give it a try anyways lol thanks for info bro

I put some sticky traps in all the pots and let the pots dry out to the point the lower leaves were starting to droop. I also put some apple cider vinegar in a bowl as another way to trap them. When I went into the tent yesterday morning all of the traps had a few and the bowl had a few in it as well. I hit the top layer of soil with hydrogen peroxide to kill any eggs/larvae hopefully. I didn't see any gnats moving when I poured it in like I did last time. I should receive the pine bark mulch today to put on the top 1". I have a couple deficiencies going on. I'll put some pictures below

Flower Week 5 Day 30, Grow Day 87

The smell is getting stronger each day it seems. Kind of blended with the apple cider vinegar right now, but still smelling nice.
IMG-1854.jpg

The Strawberry Lemonade looks to me like it's showing a N deficiency. The whole lower leaves are turning yellow. The Kelp Me Kelp You and Cal/Mag both have a little bit of N in them. Is this being caused by the fungus gnats? Or should I add more N? The dry nutes I top dress have N in it but it's insoluble.

IMG-1856.jpg

The Gorilla Zkittlez looks to me to be is a Calcium and Magnesium. The upper leaves are starting to show rust spots and the lower leaves are yellowing from the tips back. I was thinking about doubling the Cal/Mag on the next feeding to see that stops it. It also looks like it could be P or K deficient. So I need some help on this one.

IMG-1855.jpg

Let me know what ya'll think and if I'm reading the plants correctly?

In regards to fungus gnats. Their damage can look a lot like deficiencies. Some of those leaves look like they could have been from the stress of the fungus gnats. They start chowing on the roots and the plant will show signs with yellowing and brown spots. Don't always assume its a nutrient deficiency if you are showing pests. Pests damage will be displayed on leaves for you to see.

Back
Top Bottom